Klipsch's Heritage "What A Great Company"

mikebse2a3

Wow! a 60th Anniversary Klipschorn, Original Klipschorn, Cornwall III, Heresy III, and La Scala II.

I just want to say how proud I am to own my Klipschorns and Belle Klipsch.

MOST OF ALL How PROUD I am of all at Klipsch who have shown such dedication to PWK, The Heritage Speaker Line and this Forum a Very Special Thanks!

I wish Klipsch the BEST with all the efforts you have shown in the last year to HOLD ON TO IT"S HERITAGE

mike[{]

Shall we all hold hands and sing "Kumbiya"?

Getting a little thick in here, ain't it?

{edit} I know it's a little snotty, but this isn't a fan club - or is it?

I was very dissappointed with the appearance of the 60th aniv. Khorn.

Anybody applauding that at $11K is unworthy of serious comment, IMO.

The question arises as to what SHOULD have been done for the 60th anniv. Khorn? I have some ideas as to what I would have expected, and what exactly gives me pause...

1) the wood finish is your basic horrible - I would want an exotic highly-grained wood so that it stands apart - frankly a "regular" walnut Khorn looks better, IMO. At least it shows some grain structure.

2) the top cabinet looks spray-painted, not what I would call a "piano finish". That is high-gloss laquer which is very thick. The black top just looks cheap to me.

3) exit channel coverings - who bloody cares? It's the fix to the problem that doesn't exist. You've got $11k for speakers but not the proper corners? Let me think about that one for a while. Ok, I'm done: Who bloody cares?

4) diamond thing - good idea although you will scratch all that up when you vacuum around the things. Also a flat-black anodised aluminum would look better. Frankly my woodstove has a better look to it, and its black, too.

The PWK diamond logo applique should have been at the TOP CENTER of the bass cabinet, not part of the bloody kick panel! Seems like a shame to me that evidently nobody at Klipsch has a clue as to what looks elegant and what looks like just putting lipstick on a pig. Putting alot of chrome on a Pinto isn't going to make it a Porche. Not better - it's worse.

The "regular" Khorn is a much better looking product. It could have been made to be special, not worse.

All of this is just my opinion, so don't feel like I'm personally attacking anyone and everyone who disagrees with my taste, but we got to apply some aesthetics here somewhere!

The new anniversary version looks like a design job done by commitee. Lacks a singular vision and has no apparent purpose - it doesn't make me want one, that's for sure, and I feel disappointed that it didn't. I could have done way better if I was building them myself, and THAT is what is disappointing to me.

I wanted the 60th anniv. to be something I wish I could have done. Instead, I am glad it's something that I didn't. That is a big let down.

Here's the final blow: the 50th anniv. model looked better IMO (at least it looked like a liquer cabinet) - the latest version looks like a 1970's Speakerlab K with lipstick on it. Going downhill.

DM

Maybe mikebse2a3 is Amy's or Trey's pseudonym.

D-man and edwin what can I say?

I have noticed in the last few months how much Klipsch and its People do for the people on this forum(yearly pilgrimages for example and if anyone has talked to Tech Support and how they will go out of their way to help for example I called Tech Support and spoke with Stephen Philips late one evening about the older crossovers and as we were finishing talking I realised he had stayed well past his quitting time.). People have talked of the support for the Heritage Line wasn't what it should be But I say these days business is hard and the going mentality is Older Technology isn't good and alot of companies give in to the lets introduce something new to keep sales up whether its really an improvement. Klipsch is working to hold onto the Heritage Line and I honestly don't think many companies do that these days.

I've owned Klipsch since 1987 and have had the privilage of a tour of the Hope Factory twice in the early 1990s. Back then I got to know Ginney Sanders and Jim Hunter also who personelly helped me when I had some problems with some La Scalas I had bought and they tried to arrange a meeting with PWK on one of those tours I was given but unfortunatley I just missed him.

ALSO for those that will understand this after years of wanting and finally getting my 1979 Khorns(bought in 1990) and can appreciate the Genius of PWK's Design, Build Quality, Craftmanship and The letters stamped U.S.A. on the back of them then yes I do take pride in owning such a High Quality Product both then and now.

So again I will say Thanks to Klipsch for being the kind of company with the kind of people that will treat a customer such as me so well over so many years!!!

mike[:)]

Maybe mikebse2a3 is Amy's or Trey's pseudonym.

D-man and edwin what can I say?

I have noticed in the last few months how much Klipsch and its People do for the people on this forum(yearly pilgrimages for example and if anyone has talked to Tech Support and how they will go out of their way to help for example I called Tech Support and spoke with Stephen Philips late one evening about the older crossovers and as we were finishing talking I realised he had stayed well past his quitting time.). People have talked of the support for the Heritage Line wasn't what it should be But I say these days business is hard and the going mentality is Older Technology isn't good and alot of companies give in to the lets introduce something new to keep sales up whether its really an improvement. Klipsch is working to hold onto the Heritage Line and I honestly don't think many companies do that these days.

I've owned Klipsch since 1987 and have had the privilage of a tour of the Hope Factory twice in the early 1990s. Back then I got to know Ginney Sanders and Jim Hunter also who personelly helped me when I had some problems with some La Scalas I had bought and they tried to arrange a meeting with PWK on one of those tours I was given but unfortunatley I just missed him.

ALSO for those that will understand this after years of wanting and finally getting my 1979 Khorns(bought in 1990) and can appreciate the Genius of PWK's Design, Build Quality, Craftmanship and The letters stamped U.S.A. on the back of them then yes I do take pride in owning such a High Quality Product both then and now.

So again I will say Thanks to Klipsch for being the kind of company with the kind of people that will treat a customer such as me so well over so many years!!!

mike[:)]

Plus it is hard to argue with a chihuahua.

So, we're having an honest moment or two? It's difficult to voice criticism -- thanks to Klipsch a whole new world was opened up to me. Starting with the little RB-5, a speaker that had brought me more audio joy than anything I'd owned in almost two decades. RF-7's of course, and out of the box with the right gear produce a sound every bit as good as Heritage in its finest moment. The forum has brought new friends and that weird family dynamic that allows us to put up with even the most ridiculous from each other. Then we have the folks at Klipsch who have not only taken us in, but have shown an amazing amount of toleration at times regarding negativism regarding their products and marketing. They also tolerate quite a bit too from those of us who go about the business of "improving" their speakers while being pulled along on the back of their coattails.

O.K., that's a lot of money for a pair of Klipschorns. OTOH it's 'only' $3500 more than what they usually charge for them and these have some very nice fixin's. They are a statement and a tribute -- and I think they're gorgeous. A bargain considering some of the crap sold out there for twice the money.

Mike's post echos my feelings, but there is a part of me that feels like Dana. I guess if I were going to say something negative -- it would be that the "proper" tribute would have been the release of the Jubilee.

D-man wrote:

{edit} I know it's a little snotty, but this isn't a fan club - or is it?

I was very dissappointed with the appearance of the 60th aniv. Khorn.

Anybody applauding that at $11K is unworthy of serious comment, IMO.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To begin with my post wasn't about the looks of the 60th Anniversary Khorn. To each his own here.

It was a comment and well deserved acknowledgement of Klipsch and the People who makeup the Klipsch Company and their efforts for us and the effort to support the Heritage Line!

Look they have invested alot of time and money I'm sure to roll out the updated Heritage Line and whether you like the 60th anniversary Khorn or not doesn't change the fact that this effort put forth on the updated Heritage Line deserves to be recognized!

D-man, Even though Klipsch isn't perfect : "You Bet I'm A Fan Of Klipsch!"

What other speaker company do you know still producing and supporting speakers who's heritage goes back up to 60 YEARS! ?

mike

So, we're having an honest moment or two? It's difficult to voice criticism -- thanks to Klipsch a whole new world was opened up to me. Starting with the little RB-5, a speaker that had brought me more audio joy than anything I'd owned in almost two decades. RF-7's of course, and out of the box with the right gear produce a sound every bit as good as Heritage in its finest moment. The forum has brought new friends and that weird family dynamic that allows us to put up with even the most ridiculous from each other. Then we have the folks at Klipsch who have not only taken us in, but have shown an amazing amount of toleration at times regarding negativism regarding their products and marketing. They also tolerate quite a bit too from those of us who go about the business of "improving" their speakers while being pulled along on the back of their coattails.

O.K., that's a lot of money for a pair of Klipschorns. OTOH it's 'only' $3500 more than what they usually charge for them and these have some very nice fixin's. They are a statement and a tribute -- and I think they're gorgeous. A bargain considering some of the crap sold out there for twice the money.

Mike's post echos my feelings, but there is a part of me that feels like Dana. I guess if I were going to say something negative -- it would be that the "proper" tribute would have been the release of the Jubilee.

Wow, great comments..

DeanG wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Dean If it sounds as good as people have said then I do wish they would have offered it if for no other reason than as a tribute to PWK!

mike

4) diamond thing - good idea although you will scratch all that up when you vacuum around the things. Also a flat-black anodised aluminum would look better. Frankly my woodstove has a better look to it, and its black, too.

The PWK diamond logo applique should have been at the TOP CENTER of the bass cabinet, not part of the bloody kick panel! Seems like a shame to me that evidently nobody at Klipsch has a clue as to what looks elegant and what looks like just putting lipstick on a pig. Putting alot of chrome on a Pinto isn't going to make it a Porche. Not better - it's worse.

I totally agree with you on the location of the diamond logo. They should have asked us about it. [:)]

However, I do think it looks great overall & like the veneer. I want one! Hopefully in 10 years I'll find one on Craigslist. (yea right)

I appreciate Klipsch keeping these speakers going (esp. adding the Cornwall to the re-releases) & not ditching them in favor of tall skinnies that need a sub.

I totally agree with you on the location of the diamond logo. They should have asked us about it. [:)]

However, I do think it looks great overall & like the veneer. I want one! Hopefully in 10 years I'll find one on Craigslist. (yea right)

I appreciate Klipsch keeping these speakers going (esp. adding the Cornwall to the re-releases) & not ditching them in favor of tall skinnies that need a sub.

Fat girls make the rockin' world go 'round.....