Whatcha munchn' on?

m00n

Just had some bacon & scrambled eggs for a late night snack. Nothing in the world smells better then bacon frying.[:P]

Oh lord... Love bacon. Everyone here does. We cook it on the George Forman grill. Really drains the grease away from the bacon. I was suprised at how much fat cooks out of bacon after the first time we used it. That little tray was just full of grease.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude, is there a Longhorn Steakhouse near you? If so, go get a grilled chicken salad from there. I'm here to tell ya that I would actually prefer that over a steak. I mean, I'm a really big guy and up until recently was the king of junk/crap/fatty/sugary foods, but these salads taste so damn good that even before the diet I would take one over most anything. They really are good. Hell, I had one for lunch today. Only 325 calories, too. So that puts my big a$$ up to 495 calories so far today, leaving me a whopping 1005 left in which to indulge, probably a couple of slices of wheat bread, a lean cuisine of some sort and some sugar free ice cream.

PLENTY of food, right?

dude, is there a Longhorn Steakhouse near

you? If so, go get a grilled chicken salad from there. I'm

here to tell ya that I would actually prefer that over a steak. I

mean, I'm a really big guy and up until recently was the king of

junk/crap/fatty/sugary foods, but these salads taste so damn good that

even before the diet I would take one over most anything. They

really are good. Hell, I had one for lunch today. Only 325

calories, too. So that puts my big a$$ up to 495 calories so far

today, leaving me a whopping 1005 left in which to indulge, probably a

couple of slices of wheat bread, a lean cuisine of some sort and some

sugar free ice cream.

PLENTY of food, right?

I like a grilled chicken ceasar salad myself

I'm down to 138 (5'10"). Topped out at 165 before my diet and exercise program. I'd like to gain 10 of it back but can't. I had to go out and buy new pants last weekend and take back the old suits I gave my brother years ago.

Last weekend I went off my diet when Boomac was in town. We pigged out at Outback, bloomin' onion and all. Felt sick for hours afterward and somehow lost 2 pounds in the process.[:^)] I guess my body ain't used to that kind of eating anymore.

What can I do (other than weight-lifting which I'll NEVER do) to gain weight and still keep my numbers down???? Help me out here!!

I'm down to 138 (5'10"). Topped out at 165 before my diet and exercise program. I'd like to gain 10 of it back but can't. I had to go out and buy new pants last weekend and take back the old suits I gave my brother years ago.

Last weekend I went off my diet when Boomac was in town. We pigged out at Outback, bloomin' onion and all. Felt sick for hours afterward and somehow lost 2 pounds in the process.[:^)] I guess my body ain't used to that kind of eating anymore.

What can I do (other than weight-lifting which I'll NEVER do) to gain weight and still keep my numbers down???? Help me out here!!

Well, I am well over 3 bills and a couple of years ago had my blood checked for the first time(i'm 43). Anyway, they were off the charts, almost like Kramer spilled the non fat yogurt sample into the blood sample off the charts. Well my doctor put me on Crestor, and a few weeks ago my bad cholesterol was 158, and I don't remember the other 2 but they were as good as a 18 year old 150 lb monk's. And up until now I have been eating like a bear in October. Crestor is the $hit, you just have to keep up with blood work to check liver function, as it can affect the liver in some people. I say all this and of course I wouldn't suggest taking medication over proper diet. Just eat alot of low cholesterol food.....right before bed.

There's a world of benefit in weight lifting, if you can do it. The benefits go way beyond muscularity increased body weight.

For cardio conditioning I recommend bicycling, but that will NOT help you gain weight. It will, however, condition your heart and get your cholesterol levels in a better place.

If you have back problems, there are recumbent bicycles... very cool machines.

Of course, if you just want to gain weight for weight's sake, you can eat a lot more food (any kind) as long as it is the 'kind to your heart' type food.

Best of luck,

Woo

just had the best meal of the day

I wish I could stomache all those easy fast meals...my tastes are

changing and it's kinda scary - I'm actually starting to like healthy

food! (and disliking junk food). I should probably go see the

doctor...lol, that would make for an interesting visit - "doctor doctor

- healthy food tastes good, what's wrong with me?"

just had the best meal of the day

I wish I could stomache all those easy fast meals...my tastes are changing and it's kinda scary - I'm actually starting to like healthy food! (and disliking junk food). I should probably go see the doctor...lol, that would make for an interesting visit - "doctor doctor - healthy food tastes good, what's wrong with me?"

LOL,this was breakfast,very nutritional,not junk food.The package is deceiving,fry it up with your fav nutritional oil,add 6 eggs and stir,makes 3 meals,great for bachelors like us.

Greg