Disappointed in my audition of the RF83

pinipig523

well, he went to a dealer that couldn't figure out how to get the sub to work, so maybe he should try a different dealer if another one is available. No offense or anything but if I went to a dealer and the salesperson told me that he couldn't get a sub to work, I'd have the feeling that I'm auditioning in the wrong place.

BTW: Rotel is probably one of the most commonly used brand of amps to go along with Klipschs.

Am I getting old?

I remember this discussion when the new RF7 was being compared to the venerable KLF 30.

We don't want no stinkin' 2 way woofer mid'ed boxes - we want horn loaded 3 ways with 2 12 inch woofers per.

Despite the very negative reactions on this forum (well fairly negative reactions I suppose) the RF7 was a very successful speaker for Klipsch.

I think the RF83 will be as well for one good reason. If you are an RF7 owner you are almost certainly not the target customer for this speaker.

Out of interest how many RF7 owners out there moved to them from the KLF 30? I bet it is a really small proportion of the total owner population.

Klipsch never makes a bad sounding speaker, no matter what model it is. I'm very happy with my RF-7's and Klipsch makes good quality products so I do hope the RF-83 are sucessful for Klipsch, hope the whole new line is sucessful for them because they deserve it to be with the quality they put into each product for the money!

I've meet two really nice guys from my area that I met here that are members. One let me listen to his RF-7's and Klipschorns, so I know what the sounds is like from the two, he's a really sweet guy, and another member here helped me move my RF-7's when I moved, also a very sweet guy, they can validate I'm who I am. Thanks guys, I haven't been on the Klipsch forum in a long time lately due to a hectic life this past year.

Am I getting old?

I remember this discussion when the new RF7 was being compared to the venerable KLF 30.

We don't want no stinkin' 2 way woofer mid'ed boxes - we want horn loaded 3 ways with 2 12 inch woofers per.

Despite the very negative reactions on this forum (well fairly negative reactions I suppose) the RF7 was a very successful speaker for Klipsch.

I think the RF83 will be as well for one good reason. If you are an RF7 owner you are almost certainly not the target customer for this speaker.

Out of interest how many RF7 owners out there moved to them from the KLF 30? I bet it is a really small proportion of the total owner population.

Yes

• Klipsch Employees

Hey Kathy,

First let me say that it is nice to have a lady around here. Really nice when she knows her gear.

Different gear sounds different.

Differrent people hear things different.

Different people like different things.

No one is worng. No one is right.

After being in front of the LS for years, Most speakers dont have enough mids for me.

I thought the same thing about the 83. then we watched a movie. the whole time I thought the sub was no...then I noticed that there was not one in the room....They can have bass.

The room and placement is key with the 83. (Time helps as well)

• Moderators

I need to jump in on this one.

I thought this problem had gone away last year, so I let it slide then, but "she's" back.

KathyMason and KlipsDude are the same person. Whoever is doing it, knock it off--seriously... Deception is not tolerated.

Send me an email and let me know who you want to be, or start over. Don't make me do an IP search to see if you have any more personalities that need to be banned.

Sorry to squelch any fantasies, guys.

To be honest, I thought they were husband and wife because they write exactly the same way. I should have put 2 and 2 together however.

Nobody that good looking is into audio, and would have the time to hang out on this board and talk to us schmucks. LOL

Mike