Does This Ebay Auction "STINK" or What?

Gilbert

Looks like a 1 day.

LMAO over this...

IMPORTANT!!!

I cannot get in touch with you if you use the "Ask seller a question" option, so please e-mail me directly.My eBay contact is currently unavailable because i've reached the e-mail storage limit and i wouldn't be able to answer any of your questions.

It stinks alright. What I wonder is how this guy (or others like him) are able to hijack so many Ebay ID's.

I don't know if this is the same scammer who was listing RF-7s and other high end gear a few months ago, but that guy had two or three ID's a day with listings going into triple figures of all kinds of high end gear. Always a 24 hour auction and Ebay was cancelling them left and right. Still the guy persisted for weeks with the same routine. I bet he used over a hundred different hijacked IDs.

The thing that just continues to work is that the scammer sends you an email question for seller that has a bunch of links on the page that look like eBay links. Actually anyone of them you click on sends you to his scam eBay sign-in page. You sign in with your ID and password and he has got you. Just takes seconds of inattention.

Bob Crites

So that's how they get their seller IDs. I was wondering about that. I've been seeing these scam auctions going on for a few months now. This same La scala auction has relisted several times. They stay very busy! Always a 24 hour auction, no reserve, free shipping, lots of high end audio, and contact them through an email address and not Question For Seller. It's an easy scam to see through. Just checking the sellers past history shows you they do not have a history of selling items like the ones being listed. Even on ebay, if it's too good to be true, its probably a scam. I wonder if the sellers ID that was stolen gets damaged?

Ebay restores the account to the rightful owner when it gets reported. These auctions almost always get caught within a few hours. I guess they are reported and closed almost immediately, but by that time the scammer may have a fish or two on the line by his email contact. There is no hope for those guys that bite on the email address unless something happens to wise them up before they send money. Not even Ebay knows who they are to warn them.

I have a very good Ebay feedback rating so that gets me many of the identy theft attempts per day. Most are laughable, but occasionally, I get one good enough to perhaps catch most people. The really good ones, I forward to Ebay.

Bob Crites

I get these all the time too and once my identity was actually stolen. I don't know how because I've never EVER given out any of my info. It was the same kind of scam, this one with B&W speakers. Ebay shut it down quickly and I had no problems with my account. I did change my password immediately however.

I turn in the good ones also but usually just delete them. I'd love to see some of these scumbags get put away. They really piss me off![:@]

I report every single f'ing one of them - even if I have to retrieve them from my ISP's spam blocker.

I don't do much on ebay, but I get at least three ebay or paypal phishing attempts a day. If you don't report them, nobody knows about it but you.

James

....the scammer sends you an email question for seller.....

Thanks bob and welcome back. Now that's a new twist I had not heard before! I did not know that it was possible to send hot links through the eBay message forwarding system.

Let that be a lesson to everyone, always check the actual URL of the web page before you enter information.

Never type your eBay User ID and password into a Web page that doesn't have 'ebay.com" immediately before the first forward slash (/). The same applies to other websites like PayPal and before you enter any sensitive data, be sure the web page URL begins with "https://"

I get these all the time too and once my identity was actually stolen. I don't know how because I've never EVER given out any of my info.....

This is not unusual, many identity theft victims have no idea how their identity was stolen, but the end result is always the same - a nightmare!

If a person is lucky, it will end there and just be a hi-jacked eBay account that the scammer wants to use just to steal other people's money through by offering phantom items for sale, but often that is just the beginning and usually the damage is already done by the time they even discover their identity has been stolen.

The best protection I know of is the Identity Theft Shield service - cheap insurance considering that people have to spend on average $1,500 in out-of-pocket expenses and an average of 175 hours in efforts to resolve the many problems caused by identity thieves.

The best protection I know of is the Identity Theft Shield service - cheap insurance considering that people have to spend on average $1,500 in out-of-pocket expenses and an average of 175 hours in efforts to resolve the many problems caused by identity thieves.

I'm sure your link is fine, but the owners could at least spell "Pre-Paid" correctly in the third line of their webpage so that it doesn't start out by looking like some Russians or Nigerians set it up.