Heritage Mountain

colterphoto1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you mean to the Squawker Larry? There would be no point in restricting the highs to the tweeter, yes?

I meant restrict in the sense that the smaller coil keeps the tweet's highs (6K? and above) from going to the midrange. Thus, the tweeter's highs go only to the tweeter. The upper xover point's capacitor keeps the mid-range frequencies from going to the tweeter, and the smaller coil keeps ("restricts") the tweeter's frequencies from getting to the midrange -- keeps them at the tweeter where they belong.

T

Do you mean to the Squawker Larry? There would be no point in restricting the highs to the tweeter, yes?

I meant restrict in the sense that the smaller coil keeps the tweet's highs (6K? and above) from going to the midrange. Thus, the tweeter's highs go only to the tweeter. The upper xover point's capacitor keeps the mid-range frequencies from going to the tweeter, and the smaller coil keeps ("restricts") the tweeter's frequencies from getting to the midrange -- keeps them at the tweeter where they belong.

That's kinda roundabout way of putting it LOL. Normall the frequencies being filtered are said to be not 'passed' to the given driver. Therfore a woofer would have a low pass, filtering the squwker's and tweeters high's in your parlance.

So we're talking about the same thing. The early networks DID contain a provision (choke or coil) to roll off the higher frequencies (the tweeters job) from the squawker, a low pass to the squawker.

Question would be - is this PWK's earliest arrangement and therefore the best engineering decision? And if so, why did they drop this portion of the network, was it deemed unnecessary from an engineering perspective or just 'not that important' and deleted for reasons of economy.

Then that might lead us to an assumption that if PWK thought that having that filter in place the BEST answer, those rebuilding or reconfiguring xovers might be following PWK's original intent by inserting that portion of filter back into the circuit. (you know, all that P-trap stuff we read about) Just throwing that back out for discussion.

Michael

Most impressive display, Really your a lucky man. How about I stop over with a bottle of Whiskey, and we guard your flock?????

Feel free to imbibe, but I can't share it with you. I'm allergic to the grain, I break out in to an a$$hole.

M

• Moderators

Very nice , i always wanted to see them lined up like that.

Hey here's an idea tie them in to the alarm system and scare the ears off any thief .

I bet when you open up the garage and someone sees them for the first time they just stand their in shock.

Michael when you find a nice lady you better pick one that likes audio but don't come with her own collection of speakers.

Most impressive display, Really your a lucky man. How about I stop over with a bottle of Whiskey, and we guard your flock?????

Feel free to imbibe, but I can't share it with you. I'm allergic to the grain, I break out in to an a$$hole.

M

Oh RELAX, if you took it any otherway but as a joke, that's on you!!! Who named it Heritage Mountain? You didn't expect a wise crack or two with that heading?

AWESOME Michael[:D]

Me likes the light cloth Scally's the best[;)]

Thanks man, those were homeowner jobs and my first LS. The guy put on the beige cloth, badges and screen stock moulding himself. It's Minwax Special Walnut stain and 3 coats of BLO. This old guy did em right. I bought them from the original owner, he'd moved them like twice. I've moved them more than he ever did. Immaculate condition, although the fabric is sagging a bit.

I got them from a Forum member who won the bidding, but bought too many speakers that week (sound familiar) and passed them onto the Forum. They were only 2.5 hours from me.

Michael

Very nice , i always wanted to see them lined up like that.

Hey here's an idea tie them in to the alarm system and scare the ears off any thief .

I bet when you open up the garage and someone sees them for the first time they just stand their in shock.

Michael when you find a nice lady you better pick one that likes audio but don't come with her own collection of speakers.

Who's idea was to put the double stacks side by side aiming out the garage door for storage. I've got em wired up to the big Yammie, so just push B and rock out in the shop!

M