This is An International Forum

thebes

I post this reluctantly and I'm sure not out to single anybody out at all so please don't take the following comments that way.

I am not out to start a fight, but please keep in mind that this forum

is open to, and available to all fans of Klipsch throughout the world.

Almost every week we get posters whose native language is not

English. While this place encourages pretty good spelling,

punctuation etc. it almost always extends tolerance in these matters to

people whose writing skills may not be up to those expected at Oxford.

Yes, MICA is an *** and he may, or may have not have, got what's coming to him depending upon your point of view.

However, *** or not, his command of our language should not be an issue.

To those of you from overseas, or non-native speaking inhabitants of

our shores, I hope you will understand that no deliberate offense was

meant and hope you will continue to participate, seek help and share

our enthusiam for fine audio and Klipsch speakers.

In other words:

Anuncio este reaciamente y estoy seguro fuera a solo cualquiera fuera en todo tan complace no toma los comentarios siguientes esa manera.

Yo no estoy fuera empezar una pelea, pero tener presente por favor que este foro está abierto a, y disponible a todos ventiladores de Klipsch a través del mundo.

Casi cada semana nosotros obtenemos carteles cuyo idioma nativo no es inglés. Mientras este lugar alenta el deletreo bueno bonito, etc. de puntuación casi siempre extiende la tolerancia en estos asuntos a personas cuyo escribiendo las habilidades no puede estar hasta esos esperado en Oxford.

Sí, la MICA es un asno y él puede, o puede tener no, obtuvo lo que viene a él dependiendo de su punto de vista.

Sin embargo, el asno o no, su orden de nuestro idioma no debe ser un asunto.

A ésos de usted del exterior, o hablar no-nativo a habitantes de nuestras costas, yo espero que usted entenderá que eso no delibera la ofensa se significó y espera que usted continuará participar, buscar ayuda y compartir nuestro enthusiam para la audiofrecuencia de multa y oradores de Klipsch.

(Free translation.com)

[:^)]

Heck, Martin, we get posters whose native language IS English and treat'em like hell.

Email is perhaps the worst form of communication ever as well as the best. Major paradox. It was not that long ago that I considered Parrot to be a real flame thrower and riot raiser. Got to know him through a few PM's and found it was a matter of syntax and simile. Dang nice guy. Felt the same about Mobile Homeless and many others who have come and gone.

I am about as isolated as posters get with my emphasis and fundamental belief that it is all about the source and that the reproduction chain is completely dependent upon it.

I cannot begin to count the threads I've "closed" with my posts and wondered if I were the Dr. Kevorkian of the Forum.

As forum members we have to be on alert on two fronts: walk a mile in the moccassins of the poster we are reading, and remember that each of us has a unique viewpoint that is correct and relevant to our own experience. If there is a God we need to assume we may not be correct, and if there is no God we need to realize that each of us assumes that responsibility.

It's hard to be green.

Up for a spring trip to the Delta?

Dave

Since it was my poll that brought this up, I'll just say this about that...

I welcome and cherish all of the international forum members of all languages, their questions and contributions, and their wonderful posts (except those from He Who is Known by No One Name).

For those who have troubled themselves to read all of the posted correspondence between He of Multiple IDs and St. George, it should be clear that while a minor contributor to the overall communication problem might have been a language problem, the true contributor to the issue was a problem with attitude, courtesy, honesty, maturity, a sense of fairness, a willingness to be agreeable, and a simple comprehension of the working of a private business managed to support customers. The Multi-IDed One failed miserably, deliberately, and abusively on all these counts and more. I have never seen this kind of behavior from anyone else in the forum from anywhere in the world. The Many Named One is unique here in my experience.

Therefore, I doubt anyone in the world could take offense at the poll as it was clearly directed to only The Abusive One of Many Names. Its sole purpose was to inject some humor into what was an alarming and disturbing turn of events for St. George Wright.

Colin, interesting translation. It is probably about as accurate as some of the posts here from people who are not that fluent in English. A couple of the kids at school used translation assignments for French and the teacher was laughing at them. The site used another version for the word and what the student handed in was not very appropriate. [:D] It was either admit they used the site or down to the office for an in-school suspension. A real catch 22, they were in trouble either way. All I could do was laugh when I heard the real meaning in French for what the student had written.

Hopefully, your luck was better. [;)]

Courtesy toward those for whom American English is not his/her primary language is a prerequisite, whether they are residents of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />USA or any other country. FWIW, Marius is a resident of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

If MICA, aka Marius, aka (you get the idea) was criticized for spelling, grammar, syntax, etc. that was wrong. I recall that comments about his spelling, grammar, syntax, etc. were used as evidence of a similar writing style to link the numerous profanity and insult laced posts and emails with various pseudonyms that all belong to Marius by whatever name he uses.

Irrespective of the specifics of his transaction with George Wright, Marius has earned the scorn and abuse heaped upon him by the forum. He brought it on himself.

I would have to agree completely. It is very frustrating to have your intelligence challenged just because your not a English scholar or have limited typing skills. In fact the people that do it in a completely tasteless and vindictive manor during a heated discussion are the worst. I simple ribbing is easily taken as a joke. But some people are just plain petty around here. I frequent many forum and the KLIPSCH forum is the only one that I ever hear the grammar and spelling jabs on.

Mica is definitely English language challenged in the written and the spoken word, He left a message on my answering service that I could barely make heads or tales of yesterday. No I didn't return the call. He deserved all the punches he received for his poor taste attempts to discredit George. But the grammar and spelling jabs are tasteless, petty and low class.

Craig

OK, guilty - I have done that (a little) in the past, but never to

anyone who was not an apparent native speaker, and only in the gentlest

way I could at the time...my typing skills suck too, and it does

drive me a little nuts to be called on it...

HOWEVER, I also don't think I would get on a forum, with an apparently

limited understanding of the language and call people "liars" and

"stupid" and "morons" and finishing up the diatribe with "kiss my ***"

- THAT was the unbelievable part for me...

K

OK, guilty - I have done that (a little) in the past, but never to

anyone who was not an apparent native speaker, and only in the gentlest

way I could at the time...my typing skills suck too, and it does

drive me a little nuts to be called on it...

HOWEVER, I also don't think I would get on a forum, with an apparently

limited understanding of the language and call people "liars" and

"stupid" and "morons" and finishing up the diatribe with "kiss my ***"

- THAT was the unbelievable part for me...

K

I would like to point out, regarding thte passages and phrases Kriton has lifted out of the thread, show an international user with an excellent command of these hard to understand English concepts and phrases.

His communication was clear and had substantial impact.