Bring anything with us?

I don't know what the factory might have on hand, so for the folks that are driving to Hope, is there any commentary yet that I've not seen about any requested equipment to tote along?

I've got some goodies that I'd expect others here to have but since I'm driving, I can pop something or another in my trunk.

So, is anyone bringing or is there even an interesting in having on hand:

VRD's?

Peach/BB?

McIntosh?

SET?

OTL?

Specific to me if there is an interest, I can bring: (but can't bring it all obviously)

McIntosh MC-2102, McIntosh MC-30's (pair, redone by DeWick), Peach, Transecndent SE-OTL (stereo unit at 1 1/2 wpc and Daddy Dee's old unit)

dbx CX-1 preamp

dbx BX-3 amp

dbx BX-1 amp

For those who swear dbx things DO add noise & artifacts to the food chain (and for those who swear dbx things do NOT add noise & artifacts to the food chain [A]) I have:

dbx - 5BX, 120 & 14/10 eq. (all ds series)

Oh, and I have a pair of JBL 2404-H's that are not yet installed (frankly, I can't even say they work although the seller swore on his mothers grave...)

I'm glad you started this thread. I have been wondering this myself.

This is my first time at Hope and last year heard a good bit of chatter of nice things taken. Craig was a big contributor.

I know that I would love to hear an MC 30. I would like to hear a an MC2102 but can't believe you would tote that beast to Hope. I have an MC252 that literally leaves me in pain everytime I move it (not often).

jc

So true, the Japanese firm that bought all the pics I stole from Seti last year was offering to triple my pay if I could get them 18 to 20 really good shots of the milling operation so they could figure out how to copy PWK's designs[:o]

I'm going in with a lapel camera this year in hopes of skirting this issue[;)]

I'll bring the JFL 2A3 monoblocks & a few sling chairs. We heard some fine music last time that many of us would not have known, but for the gathering, so bring some tunes. I'd love to hear the VRDs, and also the pCats.

SSH

• 2 weeks later...

I was also wondering about this. With the Klipsch pro sound being set up by Trey, is there any need (or compatibility) for our gear on Friday night?

I can bring a TT if needed (Thorens 125 MKII with SME 3009 and a Shure V15III). I can also bring my Scott 130 preamp (the one I brought to Hope in September).

My brother (AudioDad) said he would bring his VRDs if needed.

• Klipsch Employees

Fri night

the place is a 3-4 bed room house with a good size living area.

Home stuff can be set up inside.

the Pro gear will be set up under a tent out back.

Bring what you want, but remember it is yours and you have to deal with it.

We will have the key to the house, but there is only locks on the door. no one lives there.

Someone (prob me) will stay on site with the system outside.

Seadog, if you bring your Thorens I'll bring my BAT VK3i , VK-P5 and I'll pack the Orbitrac. Anyone bringing a CDP the BAT has both RCA/XLR and I'll have an extra pair of TMC XLR's with me.

Since I'm running the BAT VK-200 on my rig I would love to here a full tube setup like the VRD's on my pre's[:D]

Sure wish I could get Seti to pack the Belle's[;)] Besides he needs the WooDog test done on them[;)]

I'm sure I'll be packing a variety of Vinyl & CD's[:o]

And a packed Igloo for the Fini-Meister[<:o)][:^)]

Good point about what stuff.

Would it be possible to pin a more formal thread? Somthing that could be added to on a single page? I can just see it now......6ea. Merlin pre's, 11ea VDR's, 4 tt's......No CD players, no cables, no SS units.......

Might be nice to have an overall view.

I will bring:

2 - H2's

( in the back seat of the sport track..if nothing else, for my own pleasure on the trip down)

1- Luxman M117 ss power amp (2 of them if I can fit both of those hogs in the cab)

Terry

Holy Smokes IB!

(2 of them if I can fit both of those hogs in the cab)

I now know where the Slammin part comes from[:)]

I was ROTF when I read Mr. Crites post a while back, and I must quote him:

....."It is the first 100 watts that count"......

Well, [li] in BTL bridged mode as (kinda) mono-blocks, the clip indicator bulbs should last a while.[:D] In +/- 1979 I paid around $1,300.00 for the first one. In 1998 I picked up the second one for $250.00. Go figure. I now use them (bridged mono) to drive my "AlCorns", but they are ear marked to slam the bottoms in a bi, or tri-amp system.

Kaiser SET say,

I have always wondered how many members know the origin of your signature! Perhaps my signature should be (too) Verbal.

• 2 weeks later...