What happened to this speaker????

wuzzzer

and the add say:

"Please note that this item appears to be pulling apart and three of the speakers appear to be damage"

But you know, you cannot trust appearances. These speakers just may be working. Bid with confidence! I have read some disclaimers in Ebay, but this is ridiculous!

Ok people just look close at the damage.The front decorative plastic baffle cover is almost intact.The box itself looks beaten up!

Three of the four mid-bass drivers have mangled cones and we clearly see magnetic structures broken off and even an ampty magnet shield can!This is A a sad joke,some mad bum was playing with a sledge or B shipping guys used the speaker in combination with hammers and wanted to see how solid it was.

Even a very violent shock would not have left the motor structures ripped off and the baskets this in pieces.Unless Klipsch uses garbage quality untested materials to mold the baskets.Basket material should be very strong.A shock this strong would have damaged the whole face,not the case here.

look again, the baffle is fine but the baffle is ripped off the mdf enclosure. What probably happened was an in box face first drop that ripped the threads right off mdf. And the motor probably broke off punching into the cones hence the cones are dented outward. The ABS plastic that is used in the reference IV series now is very resistant to cracking and breaking so the ABS baffles does not look as worse off as the rest. in thinking ABS plastic think those TI 83 graphing calculators that have those huge covers that flex and never snap. Also as for the corner damage hmm either done after the fact when they saw the cones they chucked it or whomever when they where trying to place it I guess above a tv dropped it without box or packaging and it fell face first and rolled.

This probably fell off of a loading dock or was dropped from a fork lift--nothing can survive that kind of impact. A few years ago I was fooling around with a pristine pair of KLH 17's from the 1960's I had just picked up at a local yard sale. I had one of the cabinets sitting on the dining room table when my dog caught a leg on the extra run of speaker cable. He heard the speaker start to move so he took off, which yanked the cabinet right off the table and it fell about three feet down to a heavily carpeted floor. Much to my dismay, the shock tore the magnet right off the basket on the woofer! I think the same thing would have happened to any large basket speaker, and the cabinet was only slightly damaged! This Klipsch speaker must have taken a heck of a hit!

If you bid on this one, make sure it's fully insured--wouldn't want it to be damaged in shipping!

Best in horns,

triceratops

Wow that's pretty amazing damage... I'd think that you'd have to really try hard to destroy a speaker like that. Looks like if it fell off the truck, they backed over it and then kicked it around for fun...lol

ABS is pretty tough to flat destroy. Try busting apart a LEGO toy brick they are made out of ABS. It takes a bit, like with a sledge on concrete.

I can't believe the people trying to sell that though...I guess some parts could be salvaged...