My Sony ES receiver caught on FIRE!!!!

DEAM

quote:

Originally posted by Marvel:

I thought it was very telling in January when Bill Clinton told the news media that there would be a slowing of the economy. Not because of anything that Bush or the Republicans were doing, only because he new it wouldn't last.

Couldn't we get back to something more fun, like audio, tubes versus transitors, copper wire/silver wire? KHorns/LaScalas/Belles/Cornwalls/Heresies?

Next thing you know, we'll start talking about religion.

Marvel

You're right. I'm done. Back why I love Khorns and HK. I'm halfway there.

STL

Are you really so naive as buy that old "unionism is communism!" crap ?

Learn to live according to observable reality instead of slavish obedience to silly slogans. The beauty of living by slogans is that it relieves one of the necessity of thinking.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca. 1304 BCE)

Cybergeek,perhaps your need to always issue personal attacks is because of your lack of knowledge in general

with the hope that your personal attack will somehow offend another into submission.You're a true idiot.

Keith

Ray,

True, Nixon was a criminal. My great uncle used to tell us before Watergate; if McCarthy did not run the communist witch hunt, Nixon would have.

Vince Foster's death and other suspicious and amoral incidents in the past 8 years certainly comprimised the integrity of the office of the president.

Blaming Bush for the economy is so strange. It makes so little sense. My opinion is that the economy is heavily influenced by consumer confidence and personal & corporate spending. Being involved in the Auto industry since 1982, in the past 2-3 years I have seen the least amount of corporate investment in major capital items( that would have 7-10 years usefull life) in over 10 years.

Hopefully there will be some depreciation incentives in the stimulis package to get "Cororate America" investing at home.

The Peso is currently very strong against the dollar and euro due to all of the investment of foreign currency(primarily dollars) in Mexico.

With a few exceptions(Reagan?), presidents generally are either victims or benificiaries of economic conditions; they do not shape them to a large degree.

quote:

Originally posted by talktoKeith:

Cybergeek,perhaps your need to always issue personal attacks is because of your lack of knowledge in general

with the hope that your personal attack will somehow offend another into submission.You're a true idiot.

Keith

Looks like we touched another nerve with the good ole boy. Smile.gif your only frustrated retort to superior intelligence is name calling so I suggest you drop out of any remotely intelligent conversation such as this.

stick with what you know best. that is selling used speakers from your trailer.

------------------

live long & prosper

This message has been edited by cybergeek on 11-30-2001 at 10:36 PM

quote:

Originally posted by talktoKeith:

Oh,I don't own a trailer cybergeek!

Keith

Oh sorry to hear you haven't made that step up yet Smile.gif

maybe those tax cuts will help Smile.gif oh no you don't want that. it might make a rich person richer. you're willing to give up your own dough before that happens.

If YOU read this thread this political debate started with your can't no difference in audio cables friend disco stating "Like so many things, we didn't appreciate the good we had until we begin to experience some real

crap. As a President Clinton supporter, I think more people will realize how good things were during his

term. When things are good why fight it.

all everyone else but you did was debate such thinking, albeit a little heatedly at times. i agree with audio flynn mostly that a president isn't so much to blame.

but you showed your true colors by calling everyone that didn't agree with your viewpoint stupid. you haven't and can't come up with anything to support your

position that bush jr is to blame for the current recession. name one thing HE did.

i think you find that your thinking is the true minority opinion and that irritates you. maybe if you could come up with any intelligent proof someone besides a brainwashed bitter liberal would support you.

i've made my case in simple terms that bush did not cause this recession nor the terrorist attacks,

and i've seen no real intelligent counter arguments to this. in fact i think he's done a great job in just a few months time. i think bush sr did a great job too but simply didn't win the personality, marketing contest. dole of course didn't have a chance in that Smile.gif

since the initial disco political statement has not been proven and more so discounted, this debate seems over to me.

this thread would best be closed.

------------------

live long & prosper

Now ya it's true the liberal minority are so embarassed of Clinton they attack W, but Clinton never did anything still. Nada. That's the worst thing. If dole would have been there then I'm sure we would have had no recession. clinton sat on a surplus instead of giving tax cuts. sure he would have spent if the congress would let him. but that because his spending "investments" would never have helped the economy.

that's the main point. clinton was all image. the american people wised up to that. and now they have learn nevered again.

TTK and discoduck look like fools in this debate. time to pick up your next contenders. who, daschle, gerphart or hillary? LOL eat crow and good luck clowns.

you'll now need more than looks and words. W put slick in the dust even before the war. finally a man who can get things done with congress.

I agree this thread is done. unless a liberal with some brains appears that is Biggrin.gif

------------------

go forth & hump the world

Flynn LOL ya unless you talk to some of them elitist i'm rich enough to be a democrat AR folks. it's kinda like in arabia. their gov is supposedly the ally of america but the real people or mob hates us. well go anywhere out in the boonies of AR and they just absolutely loathe the clintons. they brought disgrace to the whole state.

i know you were being sarcastic on hilly. Biggrin.gif

W won AR. i rest my case. MUHAHAHA

------------------

go forth & hump the world

This message has been edited by forresthump on 12-01-2001 at 03:40 PM

quote:

Originally posted by lynnm:

STL

Are you really so naive as buy that old "unionism is communism!" crap ?

Learn to live according to observable reality instead of slavish obedience to silly slogans. The beauty of living by slogans is that it relieves one of the necessity of thinking.

I'm NOT just repeating a slogan. I've seen unions firsthand (as the company I work for employs both a union and non-union workforce at the same location)! I've seen how a union protect workers based on seniority and not based on the best/hardest worker. With a union, you only work long enough to go some decent seniority -- then you loose all motivation to work because seniority will protect you from being laid off. I've seen how the 'green' union guys work hard while the (highly over-paid) old farts do as little as they can. I've seen old guys get really mad at a young guy for working too hard and making them look bad. Funny, I think unions seem to live by slogans -- with only the union bosses doing any of the thinking (and therefore "telling" their members how and what to think). Unions, in some shape or form, do have a place in this great country of ours, but in their current state they are only hurting our country by promoting an unmotivated and inefficient workforce -- and that doesn't help us compete with other countries!

quote:

Originally posted by Audio Flynn:

I meet only a few people from Ark. Most have very limmitted fond comments abount Bill and Hillary.

Would it not be noble of a public servant to go home to their home state to run for office?

Would Hillary have been able to win a senate seat in Ark?

Well I am originally from Arkansas -- although I lived in the Memphis and St. Louis areas most recently. I have never supported Clinton -- not even when he ran for governor.

Hillary would have lost Arkansas by a landslide! She had to pick and liberal state (and make some backdoor borderline-illegal promises) to win. This woman really scares me, but at the same time her crazy radical ideals should keep her from getting too far (I hope).

I can concede that Clinton was (and is) an excellent politician, but he and most the people he surrounded himself with were just clueless about actually leading/running a government.

This message has been edited by STL on 12-02-2001 at 07:42 PM