Anyone know how well the new "Heritage" series is selling?

Heideana

They package up everything just as it comes out of the acoustical testing chamber. One final visual inspection and on goes the plastic and then foam and then in the box.

Earlier in the week they were finishing up a run of some heritage stuff and if you looked around there were building schedules posted on the bulletin boards. I don't remember the actual numbers, but there were 2 days in every week dedicated to the heritage stuff. All the speakers we heard in the dedicated listening room were fresh off the line (I even got to see them being built).

For what it's worth, Klipsch just isn't targeting the US market with the heritage line. And we can all blaim ourselves for always going to the used market.

Well, to sell things, one must advertise...so why aren't we seeing new Heritage ads in the all the usual mags? There is re-education of the high-dollar listening public to do and Klipsch is flubbing this big time. Yeah, I know the non-Heritrage stuff is the real money-maker, but Klipsch can't blame the secondary market if new Heritage falls flat from lack of advertising.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They package up everything just as it comes out of the acoustical testing chamber. One final visual inspection and on goes the plastic and then foam and then in the box.

Earlier in the week they were finishing up a run of some heritage stuff and if you looked around there were building schedules posted on the bulletin boards. I don't remember the actual numbers, but there were 2 days in every week dedicated to the heritage stuff. All the speakers we heard in the dedicated listening room were fresh off the line (I even got to see them being built).

For what it's worth, Klipsch just isn't targeting the US market with the heritage line. And we can all blaim ourselves for always going to the used market.

Well, to sell things, one must advertise...so why aren't we seeing new Heritage ads in the all the usual mags? There is re-education of the high-dollar listening public to do and Klipsch is flubbing this big time. Yeah, I know the non-Heritrage stuff is the real money-maker, but Klipsch can't blame the secondary market if new Heritage falls flat from lack of advertising.

I have seen some adverts but not very many. They really need to get klipsch into the remaining audio shops. The corners in most audio shop listening rooms are vacant and they shouldn't be. When I went into audio deminsions to listen to the B&W nautilas 800s I noticed that there was plenty of room for khorns in the corners. It would be nice for people to be able to compare klipschorns as they are less expensive and would sound better on the same gear as they are not as power hungry. Those B&Ws were really starting to open up on 200wpc of McIntosch amps and we all know how much of that amplification khorns would use : )

I have seen some adverts but not very many. They really need to get klipsch into the remaining audio shops. The corners in most audio shop listening rooms are vacant and they shouldn't be. When I went into audio deminsions to listen to the B&W nautilas 800s I noticed that there was plenty of room for khorns in the corners. It would be nice for people to be able to compare klipschorns as they are less expensive and would sound better on the same gear as they are not as power hungry. Those B&Ws were really starting to open up on 200wpc of McIntosch amps and we all know how much of that amplification khorns would use : )

None of the american dealers want to sell heritage speakers. Advertising a product that is unavailable would only make Klipsch look bad - especially to someone that knows nothing about the company.

How many of the people here complaining about the heritage would actually go out and purchase a new pair this year?

Many of the Klipsch Heritage fans that I've talked to always mention how expensive the Heritage line has become and turn to the used market. I'm sure many would buy new if the prices were better. Even if Klipsch had to take it to china production for mass market to save the Heritage line and re-introduce to the public and dealers but I don't see that happen when "smaller" is the most popular these days unless Klipsch was to go out on a limb and try and bring back the "big" speaker market.

"None of the american dealers want to sell heritage speakers."

Klipsch certainly got massive disinterest in K-horns when they inquired among US dealers. European distributors and dealers, on the other hand, wanted to build the brand over there, and are buying 200 (or is it 200 pairs?).

There was a recent thread about a Georgia dealer who displays the new La Scala II's. I believe he himself posted and was very positive, but don't recall any follow-up re sales.

Stereophile will be publishing a test of the La Scala II's sometime this fall, possibly in September, which will be very interesting.

Big speakers are NOT in at present, and probably not seen as stylish alongside ever-larger home-theater screens.

I bought a new pair of 2004 La Scalas for $3500. I have $1600 left to pay off and they are worth it.

If the La Scala 2 was being sold in 2004 for $5500 then I would have had to buy used.

I do not know what the marketing plan for the Heritage line is but why go thru the trouble of the new La Scalas, Cornwall, Hersey 3 if they are not planing to market it? The Heritage line has been out of the publics eye for a while now. So I'm sure Klipsch is talking to dealers trying to convice them to carry the Heritage line again.

The number of dealers that would have clients with the cashflow to buy them is not many. Look how many people on the forum have bought used over the last 20 years because they did not have the money for new KHorns, La Scalas, Belles, etc.

The article in Stereophile will help only if Klipsch has dealers set up with heritage line so people curious about them can go and hear them.

Klipsch has a marketing plan but I'm afraid they are not going to come on the forum and tell it to the whole world. So we will have to wait and see what they do next.

I do not know what the marketing plan for the Heritage line is but why go thru the trouble of the new La Scalas, Cornwall, Hersey 3 if they are not planing to market it? The Heritage line has been out of the publics eye for a while now. So I'm sure Klipsch is talking to dealers trying to convice them to carry the Heritage line again.

Klipsch has a marketing plan but I'm afraid they are not going to come on the forum and tell it to the whole world. So we will have to wait and see what they do next.

Their marketing plan is Europe where they're selling like hotcakes and very shortly they will be expanding very quickly throughout China, Japan, Russian and the rest of Asia.

Hi over there. I am a Klipsch dealer from Switzerland. Alltough the hifi and home-cinema market isn't going that good here, Klipsch is making some eforts. For information, Austria, Switzerland and Germany are dominated by 3 major german magazins where Klipsch is placing big advertisements since many months. First with RF35 Cinema-systems and RF-7, now with the new La Scala II. Some countries I hear are doing very vell allthough not Switzerland because of a distributior-change. I try to post a foto (sorry I don't have a scanner) of the actual La Scala II advertisement from STEREOPLAY. There are also new reviews here of the La Scala II and the Klipschorn coming or allready out.

Regards Mark.

I guess I'm not surprised that no one in the US of A bought a pair of the 60th anniversary K's for $13,500.

You could buy a pair of "standard" K-Horns for $7,500, a LaScala II for $2,750 for center channel, and a pair of Cornwall III's for $3,500 ($1,750 each) for L/R rears, for only $250 more than the 60th K's, and have a KILLER two channel, or 3 channel, or 5.1 system.

And those are all msrp prices. I was when looking at the cornwall III msrp is 3500 but can be done around 3200 or maybe even 3000 a pair.

Also Drwho was the "acoustic testing chamber" anechoic or so and what was the dimension size?

• Moderators

Hi over there. I am a Klipsch dealer from Switzerland. Alltough the hifi and home-cinema market isn't going that good here, Klipsch is making some eforts. For information, Austria, Switzerland and Germany are dominated by 3 major german magazins where Klipsch is placing big advertisements since many months. First with RF35 Cinema-systems and RF-7, now with the new La Scala II. Some countries I hear are doing very vell allthough not Switzerland because of a distributior-change. I try to post a foto (sorry I don't have a scanner) of the actual La Scala II advertisement from STEREOPLAY. There are also new reviews here of the La Scala II and the Klipschorn coming or allready out.

Regards Mark.

Mark,

Thank you for your input here. It is nice to hear from someone in another country how well Klipsch is doing and the efforts they are putting forth.

We would love to see more of the Heritage line advertised in the United States, but we are glad to hear Klipsch is actively marketing in your part of the world.

Thanks again for your input on the forum.

Wow! I didn't realize Klipsch wasn't advertising their Heritage line, but then I haven't been reading audiophile magizines for a long time. Its' too bad if their not...

Jay's right on the CW III's price, I picked mine up for $3000...

Wow! I didn't realize Klipsch wasn't advertising their Heritage line, but then I haven't been reading audiophile magizines for a long time. Its' too bad if their not...

Jay's right on the CW III's price, I picked mine up for $3000...

I would have picked them up but 1600 dollars for the rf-83 became a better deal to me.

Regards Mark.

If I have to travel several hours to order my Klipsch Heritage line from a dealer I can't imagine a more Nirvana-type experience than appreciating the La Scalas in the Swiss Alps. [:P] Are you giving foreigners who come to your place a discount and do you deliver to Texas? [:^)]

Big speakers are NOT in at present, and probably not seen as stylish alongside ever-larger home-theater screens.

The main reason that your general audiophile doesn't buy big speakers is that he is afraid of ridicule. He doesn't want to bring a woman home to his place, and then have her see his Klipschorns and have her conclude that he is compensating for deficiencies in other areas, if you get my drift.

(Not that your average audiophile is likely to ever bring a woman home in the first place.)

Did anybody catch Turntable3's La scala post, about his La scala's being delivered and set-up by the dealer he purchased from? Try and get that done over here, Yeah Right, they take your money and leave the speakers bye their door, you load, you take home, you set-up. Why do they need more dealers????

Did anybody catch Turntable3's La scala post, about his La scala's being delivered and set-up by the dealer he purchased from? Try and get that done over here, Yeah Right, they take your money and leave the speakers bye their door, you load, you take home, you set-up. Why do they need more dealers????

That is service unheard of here in the states. Now if a person wants to spend a hundred grand or something service like that could be availabe.

This service is only available by www.klipsch-direct.com in germany. Other klipsch-dealers here in germany won't do this service. So this is a big exception. By the way there are not much dealers with heritage licence. With his service the guy sold over 200 pairs of RF-7 as he told me.

Mr. Enge the chief of www.klisch-direct.com is in the business since 1975. I think it is the service which makes the success. Smaller items are send by mail. But the big heritage and big rf-7s ared personally delivered.

Klipsch is doing advertisements in the big audio-mags and La Scala2 is reviewed in the reference-class in the german mag STEREOPLAY. The latest review of La Scala2 is in the mag IMAGE HIFI.

Jack