What the Eff.....over??

Tom Adams

Would someone mind telling me what the f**k is going on around here?? In the almost 5 years that I've hung out here I've never seen the number of postings that I've seen recently concerning wifes and/or girlfriends leaving guys. Sheesh - and I'm part of that crowd too dammit!!!! [:@]

I'm being serious here. Am I the only one that's noticed this rash of significant others bailing or is it that many of us just feel that comfortable posting about our woes and loss?

My marriage issues are back on their healing ways, but my heart truly goes out to those of you like Formica and meugne and Michael Colter and others that are struggling with relationship issues. Personally, it pisses me off that women can't see that which many of us have to offer and that waaaaaaay too many of my fellow klipsch forum buddies are having to go to bed tonight alone.

Might I make a request that the women here get the friggin' word out that there's some serious up-standing dudes here that would just love to share their world with a cool chick?

And let's not even go there with the effect this sh*t has on young single guys like Dr.Who or Jay. Good ged....those guys are probably thinking about joining the priesthood or summat!

I hope this stops soon. The only loss I wanna hear from folks here is their damn high frequency hearing loss!!!!!!!!

Tom

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO it's the way of the world today. Social injustice, gay bashing, extremeists who want "In God We Trust" stricken from American culture, and people simply not having any morals or concern for their fellow human beings anymore, et al. Disposable relationships are all the rage now ("I need space to find myself" is pure BS), and wedding vows are not taken seriously and mean nothing anymore! We're all witnessing the fall of mankind and it seems to be only getting worse. The last serious relationship I had with a woman ended when she finally admitted she was a swinger and was in love with me and another man twice our age...when he moved in unannounced one day was the same day I moved out!

I can't even bring myself to marry the gal I've been living with for the last 8 years. Something just doesn't feel right.

In the next week or so I'm losing my best friend whom I've known for well over 30 years. He lives in the house he grew up in which is/was right across the street from my (now) old house. The government has allowed more Section 8 housing in the neighborhood so more and more of these drug dealin', street-craps playin', no respect havin', 10 kids and 10 fathers mothers, welfare recipient, mid-double digit I.Q. havin' idiots are movin' in daily.

I'ts good that he's movin' out but he's moving in the other direction as where I have gone. I now live just east of Cincinnati, about 18 miles and he's moving about 50 west to Batesville, IN. Not across the country but it's far enough.

This is the kind of friend that when you went to his house you didn't even knock on the door or ring the doorbell.....you just walked right in. Now I have to call him on the cell phone just so he knows it's safe to unlock the front door.

I'm in the same boat too Tom...I was supposed to get engaged this summer...*sigh*

At least school has been keeping my plenty busy.

But ya, it is fricken insane how many people are getting hit with this bug. And it's not just on the forum either - everyone I know has been breaking up this last year.

So how's that subwoofer project coming along? [;)]

(got some way better / cheaper drivers for you to consider too).

Tom, I know it's none of my business, but if you don't mind, why does it not feel right to want to propose to your live-in girlfriend? Is there something that might scare her (or you) off if marriage is suggested? Don't answer if you don't want to...I don't mean to pry, I'm just curious is all.

Haven't had a hearing test lately, but between early years as a drummer, and being around airplanes for 20 years, I must have some of that high frequency loss. Also, at events like baseball games when the crowd gets loud with that multi-frequency noise one of my ears gets this rattle, like fluid being buzzed. I would like to try and hear that ring-tone that as an adult I am not supposed to be able to hear.....where should I go for a demo?

---------------------------------------------------------

Not quite "deaf warmed over."

Oddly enough I meet gals all the time who swear that "all the good ones are taken."

I have heard that one too many times.Probably the same ones change thier minds after a few years with someone.I know from expierience.I fit the description of everything these freakin women want and its still not good enough.Tom you were right in another thread...nice guys finish last.WOMEN OF AMERICA..WAKE THE F^&%$#@ UP AND GET YOUR SH!T TOGETHER,quit blaming failed relationships on men!!!LOOK in a mirror!!!

Sorry,just venting!

Greg

Hell , I haven't been in a serious relationship for 3 years . How else could I afford all these upgrades ? The next lady that comes into my life is going to have to accept me and my 750lbs of speakers . I'm done with playing games and heartache , and I'm not changing .

Plus , I need another processor and amp . I think I have my priorities straight . Suck it up , tommorow is another day .

Count me in. The girlfriend took a "step out" whatever that means about 4 months ago. I havent felt this alive in four years!! My garage consumes me and the line of broken crap never ends.

I got a hair cut last night and the woman who cut my hair gave me her phone number when she was done, Aknowledgement is a wonderfull thing! "do I make you randy, yeah baby!!!"

Duke its nice to see you my man, hope all is well.

as for you other guys....buck up, who knows what is in store for you. A little faith that everything will be ok goes a long way. If you have spare time, volunteer your time to a non profit with a cause you support.

happy fourth to all

Yep... it happened to me too about a year ago. I haven't really said much about it but my GF of 4 years just didn't want a serious relationship anymore. Even though we both had separate houses, I slept at hers about 340 days a year.

When it came time to actually find a house together that we could share she just couldn't do it. Made no sense for me to be in a relationship like that so I cut loose. It's been a tough year, but I have purchased the VRDs, BBX and Thorens TD-124 in that timeframe so life ain't all that bad. [:D]

Mike

Oddly enough I meet gals all the time who swear that "all the good ones are taken."

Don't they realize what a slap in the face that is?

I've gotten to the mature stage in life where I can have women as true friends. The problem is that's all they want to be is friends. Why can't one of these grow into a deeper fondness I have no idea.

Perhaps back to the bars and treating women as sex objects would be a good idea? (I think not)

arrrrggghhhh!

M

look for the silver lining guys...be glad you DIDN'T marry and then divorce...then you lose more than half your stuff and your reputation is dragged through the mud even if you weren't the one cheating, lying and crazy...did I say that out loud???

Bill

look for the silver lining guys...be glad you DIDN'T marry and then divorce...then you lose more than half your stuff and your reputation is dragged through the mud even if you weren't the one cheating, lying and crazy...did I say that out loud???

Bill

Losing my stuff is one of the things I'm affraid of since she's taking a liking to all the music being played. That or, since she's in so much debt, she'll pass away and I'll be stuck with a whole bunch of bills I (a.) don't have the money to pay and/or (b.) the debt was from bailing out her two kids (that aren't mine anyway) because they spent money they didn't have.

Tom B. Two words Pre Nup! or is that one word?

That is one quandry I have been in. Now that I'm later in life and have accumulated some wealth, especially a modest inheiretance, giving away HALF is fairly considerable. I would have no way to scamper back up the ladder should it be pulled out from under me.

Unfortunately, if a woman is not willing to make financial arrangements, I have to move on. I wish it weren't that way.

I think we're supposed to get married when we're young and hot and stupid. I had a couple of opportunities that I just blew, in retrospect.

M