My wife got me the best anniversary present!

wuzzzer

4 years ago today my wife and I were married! I gave her 3 anniversary presents today: Tickets to the Def Leppard/Journey concert on July 18th at the Minneapolis Target Center, The Notebook on DVD, and two dozen orange roses. I bought a bottle of her favorite perfume on eBay over two weeks ago but unfortunately it got lost in the mail.

She had said for a while that she had already bought my present. Said it was only one thing but that I'd absolutely love it. I thought of several things but had no idea what it was. We exchanged gifts today and this is what she bought me!:

Posted Image

Its a learning remote from Brookstone! Now, I realize that remotes like this have been around for awhile but I never bothered getting one.

I love the macro function! Performing several commands with the touch of one button just blew me away.

I can see why she thought I'd like it. No more remotes cluttering up our home theater area. It has a motion sensor that automatically turns itself on when its picked up and a cool blue backlit screen that only lights up when it senses low level light. I saw the remote at a Brookstone store several months ago and commented on how cool it would be to have. I can't believe she remembered!!

Congrats! And Happy Anniversary!

yeah, I have been meaning to get one as well, as there are 4 remotes I have to go thru in order watch/listen to something. Not a biggie really, as I mostly listen to vinyl and have to change the record all the time (and no remote on my 2-channel preamp). [:D]

We just celebrated our 9th Anniversary on the 28th, we gave ourselves a gift we could both use - high speed internet access via satellite dish since we have no other options in the area we live in. A company called Wild Blue has actually made it somewhat affordable and offered a free install. What a difference after being on dial-up since 1995.

Very nice Mark!

And welcome to the new Millenium Charles! I feel for ya, until I moved from the farm back to Indy, I had no high-speed available either. Had to go to internet cafe in the city to upload my photo files! Nearly learned how to do D&D at that place, got out just in time!

M

Very cool! I should have gotten one for our living room, but I no gear in there now that uses a remote. [:D]

That's cool! I remember when my wife told me it was OK to get a new subwoofer. I was floored! She does remind me though that she wants a full size pedal harp. I guess it's her turn.

methinks the pedal harp woll cost more than the sub did.

Bruce

Thanks everyone. I just programmed a couple macros today. One shuts everything off all at once, the other powers up my receiver, switches to DVD input, turns on my HDTV, switches to DVD input, turns on my DVD player and ejects the DVD tray. Am I lazy or what? [:$]