The pre-weekend open thread

Parrot

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaspr,

Pretty simple really. I said "Saucy, get the Gopher" and she did. [:D]

OK, sorry. She was in the backyard and heard it under the ground and just laid there for a bit. Some soil mounded up through the grass, she stood up and the second it popped its head up she grabbed it. I could'nt believe what I had just seen. So, she gets most of the credit. But, all she did was maul it around a bit. I actually had to kill it. [;)]

She actually topped that accomplishment about a year later when a Sparrow flew too low through the backyard, you know, just kinda passin' through. She jumped up and snatched it right out of the air. My first thought was geez, I have got to get this Dog out more.

Saucy at 18 years old. I had to have her put down April 10th of this year. RIP little one....

post-9114-13819302030592_thumb.jpg

I understand the Daschunds were bred over in Germany to hunt animals in their own burrows. Being long and slim with an attitude if need be, they would be good for catching small rodents and animals. They are also known to have serious back pain in old age due to their long slender build.

Geee.......if I were a dog I would be a Daschund with a really bad back.....lol.

My MIL decided to invite herself to relatives houses for the holidays. Got on a plane, etc. Landed in S. Illinois at her EX (by 35+ years)-bro in law. Hubby had to drive 6 hours each way to get her. She'll be here any hour now and will stay for 4 days.

The 4th is the summer verion of New Years Eve for me. Major Buzz Kill. I have a headache.

Speedball,

Yep, you are right. I believe it was to hunt the fearsome Badger. You are also correct about the back thing. Saucy had major back surgery at UC Davis three and a half years ago to remove two blown discs. $3000.00 ten days before Christmas, what are you gonna do?

Lisa,

I feel your pain!

As a kid our family had a female Maine Coon named Fuzzy...she was a terrific hunter and would bring home the headless remains of squirrels and small birds and place their bodies on our front door step and meow for us to come see what she had brought home...what a great cat (and one of the reasons why all our future pets have remained indoors)!

Disappointed.

With the world championships coming up in a few weeks, I can't afford that type of mistake. Don't feel too sorry for me, I was still 17 points ahead of the nearest competitor in my class. I did do good on something today though, a nice rebuildable Scott 299D for $122 on ebay.-)

Rick