How do I find a cinema theater with Klipsch audio near me?

Colin

I'd imagine you could find out from Klipsch. During my conversation with Chuck Muhearn about acquiring a pair of Jubilee's, he let me know that a brand new cinema complex (it's a Regal) near me was chock full of Klipsch.

Shouldnt there be a link on the Klipsch web site? Like find your dealer, there should also be a find your Klipsch cinema page! [*-)]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• Moderators

Well, that would be ideal, but it would be difficult to maintain. Theaters are constantly being "retro-fitted..." Here is the latest list I have, but you'll want to check with your local theater, especially if it's older...

Regal Entertainment Group: <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />USA

AMC Theaters: USA, Europe and Japan

Malco Theaters: USA

Harkins Theaters: USA

Krikorian Premiere Theatres: USA

Signature Theatres: USA

North American Cinemas: USA

Clearview Cinemas: USA

Ster Kinikor: U.A.E. and South Africa

Reading Theaters: Australia and New Zealand

Hoyts: Australia

The Historic Capitol Theater: Sydney, Australia

U.S. Army, Air Force Exchange Service: South Korea

The Centre: Vancouver, British Colombia, Canada

Cinepolis: Mexico

Cadena Mexicana de Exhibicion, S.A. de C.V. (CINEMEX): Mexico

Estudios Churubusco: Mexico

Caribbean Cinemas: Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and St. Thomas

Cines Unidos: Venezuela

Circuito Radonski: Venezuela

Cine Largo: Argentina

EL Rosado: Ecuador

Procinal: Colombia

Here is the latest list I have, but you'll want to check with your local theater, especially if it's older...

Regal Entertainment Group: <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />USA

Interesting, does that mean all AMC and all Regal theaters use Klipsch exclusivly? If so they get my business on the off chance I go to a movie outside my basement.

Amy, do the theaters/Klipsch have an agreement to do so or are they just such bigs fans (like me) that they would not dream of using anyting else?

• Moderators

Hey rplace,

I believe it means they will all be retro-fitted with Klipsch speakers (if they aren't already), and new theaters will have Klipsch installed.

I would assume there is an agreement, although my hope is they wouldn't dream of using anything else [:)]

I wonder if the AMC30 in Naperville has Klipsch...ironically I would

describe it as one of the worst sounding theatres in the area! [:o]

It's probably a setup issue though...Next time I'm at home I'll try and

take a peak at the surrounds or behind the screen - maybe ask the

managers if they know.

Here is the latest list I have, but you'll want to check with your local theater, especially if it's older...

Interesting, does that mean all AMC and all Regal theaters use Klipsch exclusivly? If so they get my business on the off chance I go to a movie outside my basement.

Amy, do the theaters/Klipsch have an agreement to do so or are they just such bigs fans (like me) that they would not dream of using anyting else?

Apparently, not every Regal theater uses Klipsch. Maybe just the really successful ones!

About a year ago I sought out the nearest Regal theater in my area (after hearing the awesome sound at the Regal theater in Indy). The sound was terrible. My son (7 at the time) even said it was "lame" after the movie was over.

Turns out that the theater had not been upgraded to Klipsch. The manager told me he had heard of no such plans to do so. About two months later, that theater closed.

Maybe you should re-engineer their systems and charge them a bazillion dollars. That should help pay for college.

A lot of the time the theaters don't want to spend much money on the equipment so not all of them will put in the better equipment.

This theater has one of the first 10.2 Klipsch systems in it with newly upgraded amps.

http://www.malco.com/index.php?page=cinema_info&this_id=81