Hot & miserable...

Coytee

Had a (useless) meeting to go to this morning. Walked into office and noticed it was warm. Strangly warm. I'm the warm one and my partner loves a freezer.

Went to thermostat & it was saying 80 degrees ??

Seems breaker broke. Flipped it back, it tripped again. Turned it off thinking perhaps compressor needed to thaw & went to my (useless) meeting.

Came back from (useless) meeting & flipped breakers back on. Two of them, one for internal air handler and another for outside compressor. Compressor breaker tripped again. [:@]

Called management & hour later (just moments ago) the fix it dude came & left. Seems our compressor has shorted out and is NOT going to work.

As the thermostat now says 85 degrees and my arms are starting to stick to the glass top on my desk and armrest as I type.

He says he'll be back later "if he can". I said I might not be here!!!

So, I'm looking to leave early now, put phones on forwarding to my cell phone & go home & play with my XLR cables.

Tomorrow, I fly out to Des Moines Iowa for dinner tomorrow night and a meeting Friday morning, only to fly back Friday afternoon/evening.

Means I'll be out of touch with what's going on with Roy's updates. It ALSO means I'll be gone if it takes a day or so to get the compressor replaced!

Did I ever mention I had a (useless) meeting this morning?

Rich,

Sorry to hear of your A/C problems. My parent's one had trouble starting last summer after being off for the season. Summer came with a vengeance, and we had to wait a few days before anyone could come out, and I remember how that felt.

I don't have any A/C at all at my apartment, so I roast all the time! At least I can put a fan up to the window and turn on the ceiling fan, which helps get air moving at least.

Good luck with it. BTW, meetings suck.

-Jon

I suppose this is a bad time to report that I just had 14" of cellulose blown into my attic and urethane foam sprayed on all exterior crawl space walls?

The double-tonnage A/C unit for my house is now keeping me and my Klipsch nice and crispy cool.

Michael

Quit crying, California[:)]. The heat you have this week is the heat we had the two weeks before you. It was over 100 degrees 10 days in a row; 107 last Tuesday. Enjoy!

Chris

You guys are sissies. It was overcast here today and only 100 degrees. It felt cool out. Try 115 to 120 degrees for days at a time then a "break" when it hits 112. Yea, it stinks but its almost over. The only thing that you can do outside is go swimming. You go outside in teh afternoon and it is dead quiet. Nobody is outside. Kind of errie.

Quit crying, California[:)]. The heat you have this week is the heat we had the two weeks before you. It was over 100 degrees 10 days in a row; 107 last Tuesday. Enjoy!

Chris

I agree,Chris didnt mention the humidity levels that we see even here in Iowa on the other side of the Rockies!Chris we were only in the high 90's but can imagine 100+ with this freakin humidity.

Greg

John is a horn nut, and uses Pass Labs gear, one of only two First Watt dealers.

If you can find the time:

ADDRESS

Audio-Video Logic
3025 100th St.
Des Moines, IA 50322

In Ash Creek Center between Douglas and Hickman on 100th St.
(Near Stella's Blue Sky Diner)

PHONE

515-727-2279

FAX

515-727-2283

EMAIL

sales@audiovideologic.com -Product info and pricing

webmaster@audiovideologic.com -Web page problems/comments

BUSINESS
HOURS

Audio Video Logic is now closed on Wednesdays to provide more flexible installation times for local customers during the rest of the week. We remain open on Thursday night until 8pm, but Monday only until 6pm.

10-6 PM, Monday, Tuesday & Friday
10-8 PM, Thursday
10-5 PM, Saturday
Closed, Wednesday & Sunday

great sig LOL

Phil : I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster and drank pina coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. *That* was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over...

Phil : This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype. Well, it used to mean something in this town. They used to pull the hog out, and they used to *eat* it. You're hypocrites, all of you!

14 days in a row over 100, 9 of which were over 110 peaking at 116! Talked to my Mom today. She had to put on a sweater last night, God love her! She lives on the Oregon coast where anything over 72 is a heat wave.

My wife likes to remind me that it's a "dry heat!" Dry heat my A**, it's friggin HOT!