Thoughts on 9-11.

Me Loves Khorns

Woke up this morning feeling sad. I remember waking up 5 years ago in time to see the towers fall on tv. And, at each anniversary of 911, I kinda wonder if they are going to hit us again.

I am not trying to start a political discussion of any kind here, I think we may one of those going already...

But, today, I am going to try to remember to say a prayer for all of those families who lost someone that day. I bet they woke up feeling more than just a little bit sad.

I am also going to pray for God's protection over our country.

I honestly don't feel like doing this, but I really should: I am told that we are supposed to pray for our enemies. Easy to think about doing this in theory on Sunday morning when the preacher says to do it. I personally have a hard time not hoping the people that did this to us get bombed back into the stone ages. But, I am going to try to pray for them to today. Or, at least their moms, who probably miss them today too.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

GOD BLESS AND PROTECT OUR TROOPS WHO ARE GETTING SHOT AT AND DYING SO WE CAN SIT HERE AND DISCUSS WHATEVER WE FEEL LIKE TODAY.

PAUL

9/11 is my wife's birthday. It was always a great day for us, until 2001. Whenever she is asked for her date of birth, people always respond with "oh, i'm sorry". Coincedentally her sister's b-day is 12/7 (Pearl Harbor day). We always joke that everyone should stay home on her brother's birthday which is 3/22, because something bad may happen.

Jeremy

One of the Darkest Days in American History...........We Will Never Forget.........

Get a copy of Alan Jackson's "Where were you when the world stop turning", his song about 911........give it a listen, a good serious listen........then go Hug your family and friends...........God Bless America.......Home of the Free, and Land of the Brave.......

A sad day indeed.So many innocent murdered on purpose.I often wonder why the entire world is not sad on this occasion.I sometimes wish I could be here 100 years from now to see if the world finally got together and put an end to needless suffering instead of endless positioning.God Bless the Families,Friends,America and the WORLD.

A sad day for America? Yes! But, it was a proud day, too:

Proud of how those folks on board the Pennsylvania fight fought hand-to-hand with the terrorists for control over their airplane!

Proud of how many of the people trapped in the towers and fully aware of their fate, bravely telephoned their loved ones to tell them they love them and to say their final goodbyes!

Proud of how our police and firefighters risked life-and-limb in attempt to save those in peril!

Proud of how many able-bodied civilians, selflessly pitched-in to try and help the police and fire teams rescue others who were trapped!

An awful day. I was actually in India studying abroad when it happened. Many people left the program I was in to be with their families. I wanted to stay (we were eventually called back). 9/11 still makes me think about how awful some people can be, both within and outside the United States. I hope one day that problems of political and cultural differences will be solved more peacefully, or at the very least without the involvement of innocent people. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who lost their lives.

Dude, I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset anyone. No doubt the events which occurred were catastrophic and senseless. I didn't make the video. I merely pointed out that there are opposing views and such. I didn't say I agreed with any of them. All I know is the entire truth will never be known and our government lies to us all the time. I'm a veteran and such and I've never said or done anything to undermine our policies.

Monday,

September 11, 2006

Five Years

After

Streaming Faith

Editor

In our

Daily Devotionals we are currently going through a series on the Fruit of the

Spirit. Today, on the fifth anniversary of the deadly attacks on the WorldTradeCenter and the Pentagon, we pause to

reflect and to remember...

There are certain

events that are forever burned into our memory. Events that everyone remembers

where they were when they first heard the news. The attack on Pearl Harbor, the assassinations of JFK and Martin Luther

King, the Challenger Disaster... and of course September 11,

Today there will be

wall-to-wall media coverage as America and the world remembers, even

if just for a day, the horrible events that took place five years ago today.

But the stark

reality is that for most of us, life has returned to

normal.

In the aftermath of

911 we were all united. Democrats and Republicans put aside their differences

and stood on the Capitol steps and sang "God Bless America." Our

churches were filled with people who hadn't gone to church in years. We all

realized how fragile life can be. Policemen and Firemen were recognized as

heroes. We were truly thankful for our freedom. We loved our country, warts and

all.

Then things went

back to "normal". The Left and the Right started fighting again. Church

attendance returned to pre-911 levels. We started taking all those things for

granted again.

I hate normal. I

don't want to be normal. A normal husband takes his wife for granted. A normal

father is distant from his kids. A normal neighbor doesn't know or care about

those who live around him. A normal citizen doesn't bother to get involved or to

vote. Worst of all, a normal Christian is lukewarm, rarely prays, seldom reads

the Word and hardly ever spends time alone with

God.

I don't want to be a

normal husband; I want to give my wife the love and honor she deserves. I don't

want to be a normal father; I want to leave a legacy of love, laughter and faith

for my children. I don't want to be a normal neighbor; I want to reach out and

show the love of Jesus to my neighbors. I don't want to be a normal citizen; I

want to be a part of the solution, not the problems with my

country.

Most of all, I don't

want to be a normal Christian. I want to be a passionate, wholehearted follower

of Jesus whose heart burns to know and do His will and to demonstrate His love

in both word and deed.

This is my prayer

for me, for my nation, and especially for the Body of Christ on this day:

Lord, deliver us

from normal.

Almost exactly one year before the attacks, my wife and I had dinner at the Windows on the World Restaurant at the World Trade Center. I took this picture of the Brooklyn Bridge from our table (hand held, long exposure, and through the window). It's pretty blurry but it means a lot to me now. The photo reminds me of a time of wonder, inspiration, and endless possibility that seems to be lost forever (I hope that I'm wrong about that.)

post-17394-13819308338474_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

That's a wonderful picture, sputnik, I can see why it would mean a lot to you. My sis-in-law was in NY the week before the attacks, and had a pic taken of herself next to the statue in the plaza, and also took some pics aiming straight up the towers. She didn't get them developed until after 9-11...very surreal indeed.