What are the recommended solid state amps for use with Khorns?

mark1101

I would like to make a strong recommendation for Mark Levinson 431 (SS) power-amp to drive a K-Horn. I use this amp to drive a La Scala 1. The amp has 400 W/4 ohms and 200 W/8 ohms. La Scala is singing and swinging and grooving with this amp. It's amazing. So I think this amp should be a great motor for K-Horns.

Jack

I have used the following Solid State amps with my Klipshorns; they are rank ordered for quality, with #1 being the best sounding.

1) Luxman L 580 100 wpc integrated amp. Best sound, slightly warm.

I've got one of those sitting here collecting dust in what you might as well call new condition. Picked it up at a local brick and motar one owner trade in. Incredible piece of gear.

Say what? the answer is none of course [;)]

I'm with you Bro! But its awfully cold on this thread [;)]

The truth? You cannot handle the truth!

Tubes are most likely the best fit for K Horns.

Well maybe a Naim or Creek 5350 (?) would be something to try.

On a whim I would buy an old maimed Naim just to try. Cannot expect it to be in the system for very long though.

I will say and used Adcom GFA-585 Limited Edition(93) with me ex-Khorns....swwwweeeeeetttttttttttttttttttt.......true American made all around at that time...

I have a pic from the first voyage to Hope in 01 with PWK(rip) using an Adcom GFA-555 with basic Monster cable speaker wire to power his Khorns at home....pic said enough....[;)]

• 2 weeks later...