K-400/401 horn & JBL 375 driver

artto

Thanks Dean. I don't have them yet. They don't seem all that difficult to come by. But I do have some JBL D-130 & D-140. Bruce Edgar seems to think the D-140 would be a better match for the Khorns but I need to verify the throat size on my 76er's (3x13 or 6x13, the D-140 will require 6x13). If anyone knows the answer to that one I'd sure appreciate it as my Khorns are lag bolted to the foundation walls making it not an any easy task to get to the woofer chamber.

yeap John. Just considering some changes. I have some components laying around that may be beneficial in the Khorns like some JBL D-140. I'm thinking maybe the JBL 375 might be a better tonal match. Then again, I probably won't do any of this at all. Too much home remodeling going on, new Tigerwood floors going in upstairs, bathroom remodeling (2), kitchen almost done [:D] but its very disruptive. Not to mention the network problems with 2 new & 2 old computers that a couple of you have helped me with. Grrr

But you never know. I might just put a 3-story vertical array of Quad ESL-57 in front of the Khorns using the Khorn bass section and see what happens with that.

yeap John. Just considering some changes. I have some components laying around that may be beneficial in the Khorns like some JBL D-140. I'm thinking maybe the JBL 375 might be a better tonal match. Then again, I probably won't do any of this at all. Too much home remodeling going on, new Tigerwood floors going in upstairs, bathroom remodeling (2), kitchen almost done [:D] but its very disruptive. Not to mention the network problems with 2 new & 2 old computers that a couple of you have helped me with. Grrr

But you never know. I might just put a 3-story vertical array of Quad ESL-57 in front of the Khorns using the Khorn bass section and see what happens with that.

Artto,

To me, one finds the best horn lens for his needs and application, and only then looks at drivers to compliment that horn. IMHO, why buy a Lamborgini (sp?) horn only to put a K55 Yugo driver behind it? But thats just me.

tc

".......

...."

It is funny that you mention that. I have K-Horns and love the low end. I have Martin Logans Aerius (electro stats) and love the mids and highs. With a couple of amps, electronic crossover (with time delay), I could probably be very happy. Perhaps your experiment will motivate me....

Good Luck,

-Tom

The 2328 adaptor can be adapted to K401 as a cut fit.....djk has done this successfuly I believe for a friend of mine.....The Bruce Edger suggestion is a no go useing a JBL 140 ...Fs is too high 40......I dont know why people accept his oppionion on woofer matching to the Klipsch bass bin....The only JBL woofers that come close for K use is the very very early 2205 Fs/25 or 30 ....JBL later changed the 2205 to Fs of 40hz then changed to JBL 2225 & 2226 Pro with more modifications. The 140 has a design linage linked to JBL B-130..... Edgar should butt out on suggestions, he knows less than I do.

Maron, I have a set of VOTTs where the previous owner installed a set of JBL D140Fs alongside the 511s. Would this match up well, or are the 416s a better woof?

Carl and I have not run them yet, as they have a generic set of 3 way crossovers that we have not poked into yet.

Thanks!

Well, we have either 416s or 140s we could try in the VOTTs. I'm sure the 416s will sound better, but I am intrigued by the 140s in those cabinets.

Dave, we just need some time to play with the VOTTs all day - generic three-way or not....

Wish my schedule would slow down for awhile.

Carl.