BBX w/ Cream is on the Way!!!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're kind of thinking about selling your MX110 you might not want to go for the those big oily caps. Remember, Allan's was in need a rebuild anyway so the "incredible improvement" could have simply been fresh electronics of any sort. I'm not sure what AudioClassics used in rebuilding mine but it wasn't anything exoctic. And I believe my MX110 is close in performance to the the Blueberry. There are however these nifty plug outlet switch covers and some special alarm clocks that I hear are truly making huge improvements to people's systems.

One other note, the closer the rebuild can look to original, the better your resale will be. Right or wrong, that's typically the way it goes.

Scott,

I love ya like a brother but on parts of this one I have to disagree. First I agree that keeping Mc gear as close to original will indeed help it hold and go up in value. But I do hear a huge difference in parts quality when rebuilding them which makes perfect sence especially when talking Mc gear that has more capacitors in the signal path then stones on a dirt road.

I also can't understand why can't hear a difference between the Blueberry and the MX-110. I have a MX-110 currently in my system burning in and while yes it is a very nice sounding preamp in it's own way the Blueberry or Peach has a very different presentation IMHO. Which is better is totally up to the listener.

Just my 2 cents

Craig

• Moderators

One other note, the closer the rebuild can look to original, the better your resale will be. Right or wrong, that's typically the way it goes.

Scott,

I love ya like a brother but on parts of this one I have to disagree. First I agree that keeping Mc gear as close to original will indeed help it hold and go up in value. But I do hear a huge difference in parts quality when rebuilding them which makes perfect sence especially when talking Mc gear that has more capacitors in the signal path then stones on a dirt road.

I also can't understand why can't hear a difference between the Blueberry and the MX-110. I have a MX-110 currently in my system burning in and while yes it is a very nice sounding preamp in it's own way the Blueberry or Peach has a very different presentation IMHO. Which is better is totally up to the listener.

Just my 2 cents

Craig

That is going to be the big decisoin. I am looking forward to Craig cracking the MX-110 open and looking at what it would be to get it to original or what the other options would be on doing a "super cap" upgrade. Depending on cost, time, etc. I will either have him bring it back to "original" for resell, or look at possibly doing a major upgrade and keep it. Part of that equation depends on the performance, (compatibility with my ears) of the BBX. Don't want to tip my hand on the BBX yet, but I think that MX-110 might by headed for greener pastures.

Travis

If you're kind of thinking about selling your MX110 you might not want to go for the those big oily caps. Remember, Allan's was in need a rebuild anyway so the "incredible improvement" could have simply been fresh electronics of any sort. I'm not sure what AudioClassics used in rebuilding mine but it wasn't anything exoctic. And I believe my MX110 is close in performance to the the Blueberry. There are however these nifty plug outlet switch covers and some special alarm clocks that I hear are truly making huge improvements to people's systems.

Scott,

Just my 2 cents

Craig

Awww what do you know?[:)]

• Moderators

Ok, well I have had about 6 hours with the new fruit, and it is nothing short of incredible. Every bit as detailed as the 4k BAT 3ik (that price includes the remote and phono card) which I had in my house for a couple of weeks last month on a demo basis from my dealer. Same with the CJ. The sound stage of the Blueberry is fuller, more open, more 3D and more spaced. A photo tour:

post-15134-1381931146857_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

The box arrived in perfect shape. Jack, our new kitten, took an immediate interest in the item. I don't know if Dean has a cat, dog, or if the agricutural products in northern Cal. rubbed off on the box and really got Jack's interest, but he just could not leave it alone. He would not let me near the thing for quite a long time.

post-15134-1381931146922_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

After I got the kitten away for awhile, next big problem--wife comes in and asks "that is not another stereo thing is it?" No, this is some blueberrys I purchased. She looks at the box and asks me why I would buy a case of blueberrys when we have some in fridge and proceeds to bring some out and put them on the table.

post-15134-1381931146998_thumb.jpg