BBX w/ Cream is on the Way!!!!!

• Moderators

I just got an email from Mark Deneen with a tracking number from FedEx. The BBX is on the way!!!!

Oct 5, 2006

7:31 PM

Left origin

ARCATA, CA

6:28 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

ARCATA, CA

5:25 PM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

Ferndale, CA

5:21 PM

Picked up

ARCATA, CA

Looking forward to it arriving here and getting it hooked up and providing a review when it arrives.

Travis

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep... what the others have said!

What will you be driving them with and what is your TT/cart again?

Regardless, I can tell you right now that your vinyl will have never sounded so good!

Mike

Edit: I just saw the VRD thread and see that you have VRD's, so let me say right now that you are in for a rude awakening. This combination just kills imho! Not sure what your previous preamp was but I would venture that this one will better it, especially in terms of vinyl playback. Don't say I didn't tell you so! [:D]

Yes, the VRD/BBX combination seems to excel with vinyl. I've heard other amps with the BBX and other preamps with the VRDs that sounded pretty similiar with CD playback but for some reason, you throw on an LP and none of these combos could TOUCH the VRD/BBX. It's like they were built with vinyl in mind and just work beautifully together.

Have fun this weekend!!! I hope it gets there in time!!![8][ip]

Actually, I am also looking forward to deciding what to do to that MX-110, possibly a Jensen Oil Cap upgrade, etc., and seeing how that also sounds.

Travis

(grabs popcorn)

I'll be curious how that turns out if you follow through with this. I do know that fitting the larger boutique caps in the MX-110 can be a problem in certain spots.....unless you get creative and mount them on the rear deck[:)] Given that I'm prone to keeping mine, I've considered this possibility.....and am thinking those big, golden barrels might not look so bad creatively mounted.......

• Moderators

Actually, I am also looking forward to deciding what to do to that MX-110, possibly a Jensen Oil Cap upgrade, etc., and seeing how that also sounds.

Travis

(grabs popcorn)

I'll be curious how that turns out if you follow through with this. I do know that fitting the larger boutique caps in the MX-110 can be a problem in certain spots.....unless you get creative and mount them on the rear deck[:)] Given that I'm prone to keeping mine, I've considered this possibility.....and am thinking those big, golden barrels might not look so bad creatively mounted.......

Audible,

Actually it is sitting at Craig's right now, after he has a chance to go through it all and let me know where everything stands he and I are going to discuss options. I was not really even considering doing something that modified but then I saw what Craig did on on Allan's C-22 with Jensen caps. See http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/795682.aspx Allen said it was an incredible improvement so I got to thinking I might go that route. Craig said that it would be a tough fit underneath but that he could make everything fit underneath. I am not sure I will go that route, depending on cost, etc.

If this BBX is just night and day above the MX-110 I think I may just have him go through everything, get it up snuff and then sell it. A lot depends on the what the BBX reveals.

Travis

• Moderators

Regardless, I can tell you right now that your vinyl will have never sounded so good!

Mike

Edit: I just saw the VRD thread and see that you have VRD's, so let me say right now that you are in for a rude awakening. This combination just kills imho! Not sure what your previous preamp was but I would venture that this one will better it, especially in terms of vinyl playback. Don't say I didn't tell you so! [:D]

Mike,

That is correct, VRD's. TT is Nottingham Space Deck, two arm set up, Hadcock 242 SE Arm with Ingognito wiring with Cartridgeman Musicmaker MM cartiridge, second arm is Basis Vector III. I am still in the process of selecting a cartridge to go with it. That was one of the reasons I really liked the BBX, I can run arm 1 into the MM input and a MC cart. in the Cream option input.

Travis

Mike

Mike,

That is correct, VRD's. TT is Nottingham Space Deck, two arm set up, Hadcock 242 SE Arm with Ingognito wiring with Cartridgeman Musicmaker MM cartiridge, second arm is Basis Vector III. I am still in the process of selecting a cartridge to go with it. That was one of the reasons I really liked the BBX, I can run arm 1 into the MM input and a MC cart. in the Cream option input.

Travis

Very nice indeed! Please update with your thoughts after getting the BBX.

Are you going to start with the stock tubes? I would if I were you so that you have a benchmark to compare to later.

Mike

• Moderators

It is moving so slow. I hope it hits the terminal in Dallas today. That typically means it will arrive in Austin the next day. I am worried about the little fella, all alone in a big dark trailer at such a tender age.

Oct 6, 2006

8:56 AM

Departed FedEx location

SACRAMENTO, CA

3:48 AM

SACRAMENTO, CA

Oct 5, 2006

7:31 PM

Left origin

ARCATA, CA

6:28 PM

ARCATA, CA

5:25 PM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

Ferndale, CA

5:21 PM

Picked up

ARCATA, CA

Travis

(grabs popcorn)

Audible,

Actually it is sitting at Craig's right now, after he has a chance to go through it all and let me know where everything stands he and I are going to discuss options. I was not really even considering doing something that modified but then I saw what Craig did on on Allan's C-22 with Jensen caps. See http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/795682.aspx Allen said it was an incredible improvement so I got to thinking I might go that route. Craig said that it would be a tough fit underneath but that he could make everything fit underneath. I am not sure I will go that route, depending on cost, etc.

If this BBX is just night and day above the MX-110 I think I may just have him go through everything, get it up snuff and then sell it. A lot depends on the what the BBX reveals.

Travis

If you're kind of thinking about selling your MX110 you might not want to go for the those big oily caps. Remember, Allan's was in need a rebuild anyway so the "incredible improvement" could have simply been fresh electronics of any sort. I'm not sure what AudioClassics used in rebuilding mine but it wasn't anything exoctic. And I believe my MX110 is close in performance to the the Blueberry. There are however these nifty plug outlet switch covers and some special alarm clocks that I hear are truly making huge improvements to people's systems.

One other note, the closer the rebuild can look to original, the better your resale will be. Right or wrong, that's typically the way it goes.

• Moderators

A big box from FedEx ground arrived, all covered in what appears to be to be blueberry juice stains, could be elderberry, or huckleberry, but looks more like blueberry. So I am going to take it home open 'er up and see what it is.

I will let you know how it sounds when he is all hooked up.

Travis