DVD's with house crumbling bass?

whosdman

I purchased one of the Sunfire True EQ Signatures (an upgrade from my old sw12II) from getech. With the few movies I have watched, it feels like my small viewing room (11 x 17) is going to cave in. Please list some of the DVD's that have caused this feeling in your setup.

Great purchase,the Sunfire Sig. no doubt will bring you many years of subsonic satisfaction.

One movie I use ,thta has some deep bass(not the king of deep but quite deep and with an intensity few times heard)is LOTR the first movie Fellowship of the Ring.In the Moria caves,when the Barlog chases the gang.When the stairs start collapsing the energy is so great any sub will start working seriously.

Another good movie is Pearl Harbor,when the Japanese planes start the attack ,and the bomb explodes inside one ship(ammo compartment explodes and rips the ship to pieces!).

There are a few other I am sure fellow Klipschers will also point

Let's see....there is just too many to remember off the top of my head.

war movies: saving private ryan, Lord of the Rings III(DTS extended edition)

The Open Range has some incredible gun fight scenes that will give your sub a good workout..

The Notebook is one of those chick flicks that has great bass segments throughout the movie, so you can watch it with your lady....

Pretty much all the movies that has a DTS track will give you plenty of bass to break in the sub with, but most people will recommend breaking in a sub with a steady bass rhythm from music media instead of movies.

Off the top of my head ,

War of the Worlds has some great LFE going on .

Allthough my usual demo , if my guests have the stomach for it , is the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan . "It's not that impressive at first as far as LFE is concerned" , But after awhile it's like low level thunder . Gives me goose bumps ! It is pretty brutal though as far as the visuals go .

Also track 4 of The House of Flying Daggers , the 360 degree echo game . Sooner or later that segment is going to push out some of my living room windows !!!

I Robot-- at around 52 minutes in the tunnel under attack by the robots...visceral rumbling!!! as the robot carrier moves towards spooner's car...

War of the Worlds --the lightning scene and pods...very impressive at 120 dB...this is a sub killer, most subs won't get near reference level...4 Hz information in this scene! The best subwoofer demo IMO...The laser scene is violent and vicious...maniacal...

Master and commander ---chp 4...strong 28-35 Hz information

SWII AOTC---first fly by

Black Hawk Down-- firing Irene... 7-18-32 Hz signal

Flight of the phoenix --the phoenix gets buried...impressive

The Incredibles...the moon crush at 22 Hz scene...wow!...this whole DVD smokes for low bass...

The Haunting (DTS)... the cold scene and 22 Hz knock

Finding Nemo ----darla taps the tank

• 2 weeks later...

My personal favorite for testing my HT setup is Star Trek First Contact. Watch the battle scene with starfleet against the borg cube. Definately a great 10 Minutes of sonic bliss.

Also the Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith works well (hell any Star Wars film works well).

I have to say first that I don't watch that many movies so my "knowledge"of great sub workouts(other than concerts)is limited.I watched X MEN "The Last Stand" in DTS and it did some damage.I also watched Saw II and was surprised it had alot of sub action.

You have even better than the fake blasts and rumbles foundin movies.A few explosions will not shof how well a high quality sub performs.Only the tunnel vision people use them to nausea over and over.

I can direct you to music that will blow away any boom boom fake explosions in any movies,both wind instruments(pipe organs) and electronica that will blow you away.

Robert Rich (Below Zero) Star Maker 1, Interstellar Traveller the trask is over 20 minutes long,starts quietly and brings you to world of deep bass.On the right system it is amazing.

Entheogenic (relax Entheogenic) Absolute Love another sleeper that will awake any serious sub and rattle your walls and the house off its foundation.

Only two on countless I use to see how the sub(s) integrate and how they disaear when they should.Badig kaboom blasts are primitive material.

Starship Trooper, by Yes [:D]

Celldweller has some insane bass too - I found my CD Mike, so the next time I swing by we can give your Ultra2's a workout [;)]

Nightwish, Massive Attack, Enya (go figure), Crystal Method, etc etc... are a few bands that come to mind with frequent sub 20Hz material.

A while ago, Formica posted a bunch of waterfalls of music that dug real low. I think Pink Floyd was in that list too. Speaking of which, where has Rob been? I haven't seen him posting for a while now.

Dark City!

A wonderful blend of '40s art/film noir with futurism reminiscent of German Expressionism. Think along the lines of a film like BladeRunner.

You want DEEP bass to shake the house apart? You got it!

A tremendous movie & soundtrack.

anyone know anything MUSICAL with house crumbling bass?

I don't know if this is something you would be interested in but dont laugh at this selection.[;)] It is not something I normally listen to, but a nice change of pace and pretty relaxing. Pick up a copy of the Chariots of Fire soundtrack. If you kind find the LP, even better.The LP seems to have deeper extension than a CD IMO.The last track where the whole album is summed up into one long track, has some very deep bass. Quite impressive.