Where's Parrot been hiding?

Mike Lindsey

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol:)

Strange -- the direction threads sometimes go in.

I don't know, Mark helped Craig with that circuit, then Craig modified it. Then Mark asked Craig what he did as he was developing the front end for the pCat. So (and I'm pretty sure about this) -- sounds kind of like incest to me, which is really sick if you think about it for too long.:)

Audio Flynn:

"Your posts are rarely clear. You used the word 'sibling' in the

first place; and it did not fit the context of what you are still

unclear about."

To some, perhaps, others haven't had trouble with them.

Absolutely I was the first, and I used it to say the Pcats and VRDs are

'siblings' in a certain respect. The meaning did not

change.

For the third time: Mark Deenen designed both the Pcats, as

well as a very important aspect, IMI, of the VRDs. Thus, the

two amplifiers have the same papa (designer) in common. I am

speaking of the input stage of the VRDs.

Pcat: Mark Deenen

VRD Front end/inputdriver: Mark Deenen

Siblings.

Get it?

Erik

I "got it" about you a long time ago. Omnipotent.

"Wrong again the two designs are very different in just about every way possible. The sibling comment is not even close. The end results may be similar in many respects but the Pcat and VRD have just about zero in common with each other from a design stand point. "

Wrong again about what?

I think the problem is that you don't understand the analogy, not that the analogy is wrong. Once again, I'll exlpain what I mean: As I think that Rozenblit's high powered OTL will probably be a pretty good amp based on my previous first-hand experience with his other work, so do I think Mark's Pcat's AND the VRDs are probably very good Products. I say that in light of my earlier experience with the JM Peach. You seem to think the word 'sibling' means 'alike, or same-as.' Sibling refers to 'brother or sister,' and brothers and sisters are by no means necessarily the same in terms of personality or character.

Are you following me so far?

However, what siblings DO have in common (unless adopted or through divorce and remarriage) are the same biological mother and father. I've read on your own website in that past that Mark had an important contribution to the input/driver stage of the VRDs, and so I am comfortable saying, based on my previous experience with the other example of his work I mentioned, the Peach preamp, that I think BOTH the pcats and VRDs are probably also very good products. I happen to think that the front end is a significant part of a design, particularly in the case where the powersupply and output stage are otherwise relatively conventional. Parafeed outputs or OTLs are two examples where the output stage is not so common or usual.

Clear?

Erik

Getting things clear with you has always been an unachievable task. You assume way to much. The VRD and Pcat would very much be more of the adopted or through divorce and remarriage type thing. Yes Mark was involved heavily in the second proto type of the VRD amplifier but in reality the guide lines were laid in place with the first proto type that was completely start to finish a brain child of no one but me. At the time of the first proto type development Mark was having personal issues and was not available for any input for about a 6 month period. That first set of VRD's are owned by Sheltie Dave and were the amps that everyone initially fell in love with which led me to go further with the product.

The pCat on the other hand was start to finish a complete brain child of Mark Deneen I had absolutely no influence in the design in any way. The product is very different in just about every respect. On a personal level I'm sure its a wonderful sounding amplifier just knowing Mark as I do but I would never comment one way or the other since I have never heard it. I say this knowing more of the details about the amp then anyone other then Mark and most likely his wife.

Are you following me so far?,

My entire point in this is YOU throw your opinion around way to lightly with little solid information to base it on. Every company has the ability to make a lame duck. I've heard many of them especially with modern companies. I myself would never be so reckless to advise someone spend $2000 on the kit plus another $400 or so on tubes to complete the product when I have never heard the product myself. You do things like that all the time.

Are we clear?

Craig

Woohoo! Now Craig's throwin' out the punches...ouch![:o]

This thread's gettin' better all the time with Paul Parrot nary saying a word!

It's all your fault, Paul, for not chiming in this thread that was solely created on your behalf.

That's the BEST you can do??? Get on this thing, end the tension.....lil Brother....

OK, I'll try. I think it was edwinr that once posted this cute image to end an argument.

[^o)]........but then as I recall everyone began to argue over whether these were hedgehogs or porcupines.

post-17394-1381931453314_thumb.jpg

That's the BEST you can do??? Get on this thing, end the tension.....lil Brother....

OK, I'll try. I think it was edwinr that once posted this cute image to end an argument.

[^o)]........but then as I recall everyone began to argue over whether these were hedgehogs or porcupines.

I do believe they're chestnuts...yum!

Kaiser he is out there with a smurk on his beak....................I think he is right taking a break.......Honestly, the forum has not been up to standard lately, I don't think it's just one thing, it's many factors......................End of Summer, beginning of Fall, entering Holiday Season,..............once everyone settles in for the Winter session of the forum, snow flys forcing people to stay inside, interest in Audio hobby will take off again, Who wants to be stuck inside when Fall has been so nice, atleast here in the North East, the amount of days to do things outside is shrinking...............Paul will return...He can't stay away...deep down the Parrot enjoys being the Parrot................He doesn't fool me, one bit..................