Lindsey Buckingham

Jon Anderson

Has anyone had an opportunity to see Lindsey Buckingham during his latest tour? He sounds great and really energized. Playing some beautiful custom guitars. Saw him last Thursday at the Newmark theater in Portland. Small (880) seat, beautiful venue. Catch him if you get a chance. The guy wrote some great songs over the years and they sound great 20 years later.

I've got the "Say Tou Will" tour on DVD and CD and Lindsey goes sooooo all out that he'll grab his right arm in pain right after one of the songs.

I do agrees with his early works on the "Buckingham Nicks" album. Listening to the chord progression you can instantly attach a later song to one from that album.

I bought that album on CD (majorly pirated by the seller) and later told him that Buck-Nicks still owned the rights to that album and that neither one of them has ever given the o.k. to release it on CD............After I told him this he decided not to charge me for the disk.

I used to think Lindsey was the female, and Stevie was the Guitarist..........big oopps there..........Lindsey Buckingham is Fleetwood Mac...if he left they would be in trouble..He is a truly gifted man....writes, sings, great guitarist, he does it all. Not a big fan, but will give the man his do, he is good, and deserves more credit for Fleetwood Mac than he is given.......................Finger pickin' style of guitar play......

I was a big fan of Fleetwood Mac pre-chick (Kilnhouse, Baretrees era). They were a great R&R band. For a while, Mick Fleetwood and Kieth Mac Vie toured as "The Real Fleetwood Mac". That was the last time I saw them live. They were touring with Savoy Brown, maybe '72? Times change.

Stevie is a hottie though I must agree.[6]

Rick

...Not a big Lindsey fan. Oh, he's an OK rock guitarist, but he and space cadet Stevie (and her 'what key, any key, just pick one' machine gun vibrato that sent ultraharmonizers into search mode) just do not support the same standards previous established by Fleetwood Mac - with such notables as Peter Green, Danny Kirwan, Jeremy Spencer, & Bob Welch, not to mention a greater role for Christine McVie in the late-mid period -during the 10 years prior to their joining . But with B&N they did sell allot of records.

Oh, and if you have memories of Stevie as in the picture posted above, you do NOT want to see the 2005 Soundstage production with Lindsey...that is unless you really like the pre-Jenny Craig Kirstie Alley. Whoa![:o]

What? Me biased? [:P] ...Just a little! [;)]

But enough of my opinions...

For those of you who are into Lindsey and Stevie, you might want to check out the 2005 Soundstage DVD, and you might want to check out Amazon for more info:

http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Stage-Presents-Lindsey-Buckingham/dp/B0002DSQ0Q/sr=1-1/qid=1164197732/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-4985624-8592955?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

As is usual for Soundstage, their production is excellent.

And for $14.85 delivered (the price includes shipping), you can get it from www.deepdiscount.dvd

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=KCH006243

Enjoy...

PS: Might I suggest folks check out the Soundstage Chris Isaak DVD! Highly recommended!!!

The Chain

Listen to the wind blow
Watch the sun rise

Run in the shadows
Damn your love
Damn your lies

And if
You don't love me now
You will never love me again
I can still hear you saying
You would never break the chain.

List to the wind blow
Down comes the night

Run in the shadows
Damn your love
Damn your lies

Break the silence
Damn the dark
Damn the light

And if
You don't love me now
You will never love me again
I can still hear you saying
You would never break the chain.

-----------------------

Comes a part in every relationship, this song means something very personal to them.

I grew up with Sheryl Crow and got to meet Stevie thru her. She and Sheryl are buds and Sheryl was producing a few tracks for her album down in N'arlins a few years ago. She was really nice, but time has definitely taken it's toll.. Kind of a dream come true for Sheryl- she was a HUGE (don't go there [:$]) Stevie fan when she was younger.

KG

Same thing happened to Linda but just like the King no matter how big any of them got or have gotten they still have those great voices[;)]

Of course Ann Wilson was never small but what a voice and harmonizing with sis is a real treat[:)]

I hope to catch that tour as Lindsey is a consumate artist and by what I've read about him a real perfectionist also[:P]

The Dance for an example, there are a couple of songs on there that Lindsey and Stevie get to this certain point, look at each other, grin,smile, whatever it is , you can almost feel the Love they still have for each other. It's there, I can't explain it, but if you watch, you will see it, it is special what they share................I am not a Fleetwood Mac fan, but I know a good set of music when I hear it..........Lindsey Buckingham will suceed at whatever he chooses to do, he knows the business from the inside, he is talented, the sky's the limit for him............

The Dance for an example, there are a couple of songs on there that Lindsey and Stevie get to this certain point, look at each other, grin,smile, whatever it is , you can almost feel the Love they still have for each other. It's there

Then you should see the "Say You Will" DVD. You'd 'think they were about to jump each others bones[}]

My wife and I saw him in Buffalo N.Y. at HSBC Arena on May 15 2003. He was touring with Fleetwood mac and Stevie Nicks on the Say you Will Tour. We were right up front and got to see him up close. Lightning fast.

I ran out and bought his newest album a few weeks ago. Hope to see him again. My favorite is "Trouble", and I'm So Afraid.

The Dance for an example, there are a couple of songs on there that Lindsey and Stevie get to this certain point, look at each other, grin,smile, whatever it is , you can almost feel the Love they still have for each other. It's there

Then you should see the "Say You Will" DVD. You'd 'think they were about to jump each others bones[}]

Even through all the troubles they went through after Rumours, I suppose that time does heal all wounds, which explains why they appear to enjoy working with one another again. But I believe Lindsey's happily married with children now, and IIRC I read that Stevie has no intentions on ever getting back with him despite any new feelings they may share, since egos and constant working and companionship are no longer an issue; Stevie will surely not break up a marriage, and if they even considered reuniting, the same problems they experienced before would most likely resurface and neither of them want that! They're happiest now with their lives and their fame and are probably better friends for it IMO.