This Forum is BORING...

edwinr

He, ya'll. Quit prodding Amy. Obviously, she's trying to balance an appearance of company professionalism while granting continued residence to a bunch of loiterers. How about some help with ideas on how to achieve the result?

Yeah, you're right. I don't like people hiding behind the viel of anonymity...gett'n all brave. If people are gonna get in my face I'd like them to try it in person.

To understand the benefits of front loaders, you need to understand how a conventional washer works. The center agitator moves and pushes the clothes, from the center, down to the bottom, where there are fins that slap the clothes back and forth.The industry term for all this is called "roll over". In a front load, there are baffles along the inner tub that raise the clothes(just like a dryer) forcing the clothes to tumble upon each other. The front loaders use non sudsing detergent, because the clothes get emersed in the water/detergent mix 30-50 times a minute(depending on brand/model). Clothes, on a top loader with agitator, get to the bottom 3,4 or 5 times a minute. Sudsing detergent is necessary. Front loaders use much less water, requiring a more concentrated detergent:ala HE=High Efficiency. The tumble action is much "gentler' than the goings on in the conventional machine. Front loaders wash and whiten better,are gentler on your fabrics,allow a larger load to be washed, and get out much more water than a conventional washer. The LG machines use a direct drive motor to get that high spin speed(I believe these LGs are the best out there,especially the "blue" ones). With 5 loads of laundry or more a week, they will pay for themselves. Less lint in the dryer because the washers are not beating up the fabrics. I have owned front loaders for years. Europeans have been using them forever. I love my Lascalas!

LaScalaDan - LOL! You're awesome! :) I have the LG "blue one" but in white color. The blue looks great in the store but is pretty dark and in the end, wanted white (not to mention about a $200 savings just for color). I love it.

http://us.lge.com/products/model/detail/home%20appliances_laundry_washers_WM2688H.jhtml (sorry, can't seem to post active links anymore here)

After muddling though this whole thread I decided that our washer needed to be upgraded. To my disatifaction the appliance store did not stock the type of capacitors or transformers I would need. After much searching around I finally came up with the parts I needed. Man this washer is going to blow when I'm done. So I goth the top and back off and half the wiring pulled out and my wife walks in. Man some of the words that came out of that womens mounth...shameful. Anyway I explain to her that her 8 month old washer just seamed to be ready for some upgrades. The next thing I know she smacked across the back of the head and said there is your Freakin Upgrade and put that damn thing back together and you better hope it works. Jeeze what a man will do when his forum has become boring.

scooter

And they look so happy & cheerful in white. Blend in better with any cheap counters/cabs I get and when I do laundry, I want a happy bright environment.

My only gripe is when you turn them on, there's a little musical note chime thing. The dryer's sound isn't as loud as the washer and the 'beep volume' are both set equally.