In a Perfect World, I Want to Experience.......

If I go, I would like to hear:

Jubilees (preferrably a/b'd equally to khorns)
Indyklipschfan's enclosed khorns like the 60th Anniv. (toed out and preferrably a/b'd to naked sealed-in-corner khorns)
Trachorns (preferrably a/b'd equally to k-400's)
A SET amp
Pre-amp comparisons
Newer Klipsch like RF-5, RF-7, and the new ones that replaced those.
VRDs with someone saying.... "ok, this is how it sounds with the stock tube - now listen to what happens when I put in 'this' tube"..
Different khorn crossovers - like a shoot out between extreme slope, and chilled out slope, etc.
My husband's band playing. Or at least a good one!

Am I asking too much? :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll be going. Will have to see what husband's schedule is. But may make the trip even if he can't - tho' I'm not fond of driving longish distances. I'm anxious to see who's going and who's bringing what, but either way - sounds like fun.

Amy - any inkling what might be there from Klipsch to listen to, etc. yet?

• Moderators

I think I'll be going. Will have to see what husband's schedule is. But may make the trip even if he can't - tho' I'm not fond of driving longish distances. I'm anxious to see who's going and who's bringing what, but either way - sounds like fun.

Meagain,

Whatever and whoever is there will make it worth you while to come to the Pilgramage. Experiencing all the different equipment and speakers is only part of the Pilgramage. IMO, the people and employees that make the journey are truly the icing on the cake. I listened to everything available, (including the "drum roll" that could be heard seven miles away), but the people are what made the trip.

I think our drive time will probably be in excess of twelve hours.

I am sure you will not be disappointed if you attend. Besides, we definitely need to increase the number of females in attendance.[Y]

If you stick you thumb out, you can probably hitch a ride with Doc or some of the Wisconsin boys.

I suppose if she flashed some leg, she could get the corporate jet to pick her up?

[:o] [:$] [;)] [:o] [:$] [;)]

Amy, DO you guys in fact, have a PAIR of Jubilees there? (if not, do you have a single?)

• Moderators

Great! ll look forward to meeting you then!

Sorry, I have no idea what we'll have on tap yet. It's just too early!

Your more than welcome to come to the pilgrimage of course.. Everyone is.

My other half also goes.. She loves to learn about this stuff with me too.

I agree the people that go are like 50% of it too. I LOVE seeing in person who I have talked to over the BB/ forum here. Some are really different in person, some are exactly like you can imagine. Most of all, you get the tone in their voices laughing with them, too, to WHO they are as well. Later, you can almost hear their voices in the posts... And know when they are serious or kidding, too, like a inside joke you know which is which because you have met them too.

Your last comment directed at me or Meagain?

If at me, surely you know if you all have a single or a pair of Jub cabinets laying around up there??

Kinda hard to hide them ya know!!

[<:o)]

You know you want to bring your Jubes. If you'd like, I would have no qualms with you shipping them to me a week early to make sure they arrive in Indy on time. [A]

But seriously, I too would love to hear a Jubilee vs. KHorn demo...even better would be make it a blind comparison. Will JC be bringing his dbb's? I would like to hear them in that comparison too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Klipsch Employees

If I go, I would like to hear:

Indyklipschfan's enclosed khorns like the 60th Anniv. (toed out and preferrably a/b'd to naked sealed-in-corner khorns)

A SET amp

Pre-amp comparisons

Newer Klipsch like RF-5, RF-7, and the new ones that replaced those.

VRDs with someone saying.... "ok, this is how it sounds with the stock tube - now listen to what happens when I put in 'this' tube"..

Different khorn crossovers - like a shoot out between extreme slope, and chilled out slope, etc.

Am I asking too much? :)

Working on this one...jub w/510 horn & passive net to be fair

This would sound funny all alone...but what the hay...I will look into it.

A SET amp

Why? SS is the only way to go....dont listen to Craig, he don't know[8-|]

Newer Klipsch like RF-5, RF-7, and the new ones that replaced those

Ok, RF-82 & 83. We don't have that many rooms to set up in...but I will try

That's one of thoes "glowing amps", aint it?

I do hope to show what messing with the crossover in your speaker gets you. Good or Bad.

It has been voted on and we will not have live music at this time. However, we will pull a list of what is going on in town that weekend in the way of live music.

We have a few more ideas that we are working on. If I could just get Amy off her duff and start planing things....[;)]

• Moderators

We have a few more ideas that we are working on. If I could just get Amy off her duff and start planing things....[;)]

Pfffffffffft! You're in charge of the speaker planning, silly! Having me do it would be like asking a 30-year-old bachelor to plan a wedding...not something you'd probably want to risk.

I'll handle the food, tour groups, and itinerary....you handle the speakers [:)]