Klipsch Lifestyle System?

justin_tx_16

$40000 poer speaker,not that expensive(for anyone who stayed in school and/or knows how to skate in life) .Considering all the drivers and the custom cabinet work,the small numbers sold...fair price. I have 15W tube amps worth $20000. So ...you know whateverfloats your boat.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't argue money or income or anything, but is there a speaker or amp or headphone or tuner or... whatever hifi that provides 40,000 dollars in performance over a more reasonable option? I just look at my HD600's and wonder would the orpheus be work $10,000 more? Would there be $10,000 of improvement? Probably not. So here, is it worth some $38,000 more a speaker than k-horns or the like? is a 20,000 dollar amp provide 19,000 improvements? maybe so, I'm not sure, I have never had something that expensive and doubt I will ever have it, nevermind howevermuch money i might have.

McIntosh...I say away from their gear. I know better gear,better speakers. Dynaudio makes speakers in this price range,less drivers and more transparent than any McIntosh speakers.

Fair price considering the complexity.Is it worth the $80K for the pair? Probably not,considering all the ...better options.

Good idea. Brings Klipsch even more into the mainstream market where people can get to know high quality audio. As long as these speakers keep the tradition of sound that Klipsch has held for so long, I see it as important as Klipsch releasing the ProMedia v2.400.

I don't quite like the idea as customers will gawk at the klipsch and say "well bose did that already!"

I know the bose customers well, brainwashed yuppies. I worked at two retail places that heavily dealt with that market. No room for other than bose..........

I will hint at the two stores, one is a fruit and the other color is blue and yellow.

There's guy named Ivan with the screen name of masterlu with the following in just his theater system. Trying to find his web site with pics now.

C-15 (2), MX-135 (1), MC-206 (1), MC-162 (2), MC-402 (1), MC-501 (4), MC-1201 (12), MC2KW (2), MR-85 (1), MS-300 (3), MCD-201 (2), MVP-861 (1), MCD-1000 (2), MDA-1000 (2), C1000-P (2), C1000-C (2), C1000-T (2), MQ109B (2), HT-2 (2), WS350 (2), XRT2K (2), XRT30 (2), XR27 (3)

He approximated the weight of all of it and it came in around 9,500 lbs.

• Moderators

Disclaimer...I'm not posting about this system just because I work here, but take it or leave it:

I did some extensive listening to a beta unit over this weekend. This system sounds absolutely AMAZING. Even I wasn't expecting to be blown away because of the price point, but I was. Blown away is a good term. Give 'em a listen!

But Amy, its a wireless system? Everything I've read and been raised with has constantly condemend wireless audio tech.. how can this be?!?!?

*steps away from the keyboard*

At any rate, who is this being produced for, Hi-Fi dealers or big box retailers, BB et al?

Just a couple of comments...

These systems aren't intended to be for the members of this forum and other audio enthusiasts. They're intended for our neighbors, parents and friends who don't understand all the wires, speakers, formats, etc. that's typically associated with home theater. You know, the people that think you're crazy for having 7 large speakers in your family room. My parents would love one of these CS systems.

Also, nothing is going to get out Klipsch's door that doesn't sound a whole lot better than the similar Bose product. Klipsch wouldn't risk their reputation and Best Buy wouldn't want it on their shelves (believe it or not shelf space is limited and expensive and a product doesn't get on unless there's a reason it will sell).

The really cool aspect is the wireless, especially on the RoomGroove. For all of us iPod and MP3 owners and lovers now you can dock your iPod in one room and listen to it (and control it) from any room of the house. That's exactly the product my wife wants and if it sounds as good as the iGroove (which I'm sure it does) I'll enjoy it to.

There's guy named Ivan with the screen name of masterlu with the following in just his theater system.

Ya know, I emailed with him a couple times, asking him if he'd ever heard the Khorns or "of" the Jubilees.

He cleanly stated he heard the Jubilees in the state of New York, and didn't like them.

Hmm..

Myself = Tennessee

Mike = Tennessee

6foot8= Florida (I think?)

Ralph = London

I've got no idea what he in fact heard, or thinks he heard so I just said 'cool & great system'.

Clearly though, the boy has some $$ and willing to part with it.