What are your musical preferences?

Somehow I just think I should can this thread and begin anew!

Homer: DOH! DOH!

Maybe I'll get it right the second time, and see if I can include a poll selection of more than ONE!

POST ON, cause my butt is outta here for the night, and tomorrow/Friday and the weekend will be KLIPSCH post-free. HEAVY outbound volume for the weekend, so I won't have time to even think about forums.

See everyone back on Tuesday! GO RAVENS

Just like my sig says...

Play it HARD, Play it LOUD, Keep it METAL!

The biggest, primary genre I listen to is METAL, as in power and progressive! Sonata Arctica, Angra, Stratovarious, Blind Guardian, Night Wish, Communic, Zero Hour, to name just a few!

However, I do listen to classical, as eletronica and "new aga", ala David Arkenstone and the like. I also still like to spin the old "classic" rock, such as my fairly large collection of Styx, Yes, Rush, Kansas, and so forth.

Although I don't go out of my way to seek it, but I can listen to and enjoy Jazz and Big-Band music.

However, I just simply cannot stand rap or hip-hop at all, as well as any of that "bubble-gum pop" ala Briteny Spears, Christina Auguilaria and so forth. One of the main reasons I don't watch American Idol is that I just cannot stand that crappy music they typically have on there.

But for me, power/prog metal is where it is at!

Hip hop doesn't suck, at least not the older stuff - IMHO.

A Tribe Called Quest, back in their heyday, were way ahead of everybody, not just the rap community.

Beastie Boys, De La Soul, Digable Planets, The Pharcyde - all were breaking new ground in the early 1990's before Death Row and Sean Combs screwed it all up. And now? I don't even care.