My A Cappella Group (pretty coeds inside!)

justin_tx_16

Seems anymore you have to tease you guys haha.

DSC_2032.JPG

My a cappella group, Mizzou Forte, was asked to sing the National Anthem at the Mizzou v. Nebraska game. Though Mizzou lost, Mizzou Forte rocked it out. The 23d we are competing in The International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella in St. Louis. If we win there (already won regionals semi-finals) we will compete this spring in San Rafael California!

DSC_2030.JPG

DSC_2034.JPG

DSC_2037M.jpg

Thats me on the right with the glasses :)

DSC_2038M.jpg

DSC_2055.JPG

So wish us luck! Anyone else here in an a cappella group or have been? They are a blast!

For what it is worth I tuned in to hear you guys but espn decided not to broadcast it, at least here. Too bad for me, I am sure I would have enjoyed it....

Thanks for the effort haha. Sadly they didn't put us on ESPN+, but we were good to go with the local networks. We will be back on tv, NBC, in a few weeks doing a morning show.

• Moderators

So wish us luck! Anyone else here in an a cappella group or have been? They are a blast!

Justin,

Why yes I was in an a cappella group! Back when I was about 10 or 12 at my church. This lasted for a about 30 mins. They suggested that I would like working with lights and sound better then singing. Turns out I was throwing the whole group off key. I can see why you say it is a blast, the girls in my group didn't look anything like the girls in your group. Hell, I would have just mouthed the words if I knew what kind of "tallent" turned out for Glee Club.

It I knew then what I ....

Travis

Mizzou...............is that where Quinn Buckner coaches?????

Quinn Snyder I think...

That's the Lad..............followed him through College..........After the NFL, I like College Basketball.........March Madness Soon...........

Doesn't get any better than MM. A group of us go to Las Vegas for opening week, just something about all those games on 20 huge screens.

I have been singing the national anthem a cappella for years. I really and love doing it. I have done it for the NBA Pacers, AAA baseball Indians, The ICE Hockey team, and many corporate events including the final 4 luncheon too. It is one of those things when you do a great job, and the crowd roars, it's just hard to get much better than that. My dream would be to do the COLTS someday it gets really political at the NFL level but I keep trying.

If your really into a cappella singing, I suggest you check out the group "Rockapella." Scott Leonard (One of the lead singers) and I were childhood friends, played baseball together for years and they have to be by anyone's standard, in the top 3 groups, a cappella wise. They have a lot of great songs and incredible arrangements you should know of and do. I have been lucky to sing with him as well.

It is going to be fun to meet you this summer. I feel you, Justin, and Mike, "Doctor Who" we have seen grow up on this board... Kinda fun, for us old farts!!! hahahahahaha

Sad to say I did not have access to groups like this when I was in HS or College. I would of had a blast. The genre had just really started back up again in the late 1980's early 1990's.

Justin, I just remembered.... look up "Straight No Chaser" on youtube or myspace. They are from Indiana University, have had many many CD's, and won a lot of contests as well.

Most of all have fun with it. It is a nice break from your other college classes for sure.