Klipsch closed

colterphoto1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're looking at 12" right now in Champaign with a layer of ice underneath. I couldn't get outta my parking lot this morning....3 foot snow drifts and my AWD decided to stop working. Put in some trans fluid and was able to get out, but in the direction of my parking spot [6] I'm kinda tempted to try and carve myself a path outta the parking lot - the roads are in prime condition for "driving" [;)][H]

It's BRUTAL here folks- I just shoveled 10" off the walks and just walking to the mailbox and back through the drifts to leave a trail for plow guy was an effort. It's been spitting sleet for a couple hours now so there's a nice heavy crust on the snow. The plows have been down most of the roads, but it's going to have to stop before we can dig out.

Could be a long day and a slow start tomorrow if it doesn't let off soon.

Michael

I understand the weather forecasters in the Dallas-Fort Worth area will get $100 from the local grocery stores for simply mentioning the word "snow", even if it is in New England.

And, based on that, some of the schools here are already considering closing for a week. ...That is, the ones who have bravely reopened after our 1/4" accumulation we received several weeks ago!

It's not so bad here (yet). We've got about 3-4" of slush and it's supposed to all freeze tonight with snow on top of that.

Many years ago during our 77'-78' blizzard (you guys in Buffalo remember that one) a cartoonist for the Cincinnati Enquirer pictured a man shoveling his driveway with the caption "I'm shoveling my 14 inches of partly-cloudy skies..."

this is our weather report for tallahassee.

A TORNADO WATCH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5:00 PM TUESDAY. A Tornado Watch means conditions are favorable for the development of tornadoes and strong to severe thunderstorms. Some of these storms can produce heavy rainfall, damaging winds, hail, and even tornadoes. These storms will be scattered, so not everyone will get them. Not all of the storms will be strong to severe.

A nice slippery base coat of snow and ice the other day......earlier today a few inches of snow/ice and now a nice thick layer of snow falling steadily. Our poor city does not have a big fleet of trucks for snow removal so everybody is on their own. We do have a nice multi million dollar stadium going up for football games though......

It just turned too dark for a picture........I'll try tomorrow. Oh, and you guys with the warm water and sunny skies........just enjoy yourselves...[:P]