Meagain's at it again

Parrot

Personally, I can't see how the Klipschorn can be compared with the commercial Jubilee. They were both designed for different environments. I know some have bought the Jubilee for home use and this speaker probably performs quite well in this capacity. But the Jubilee couldn't possibly realise it's potential unless it was installed in a very large room or a cinema. I reckon the better choice for the home has to be the Klipschorn. It was designed specifically for use in this environment...

And as far as aesthetics go, it's a no brainer...

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very skeptical that it was meant to replace the Klipschorn/

Doesn't change the fact that you're wrong.

Let's see some evidence of that in PWK's own words.

So Roy isn't a credible source? How bout Jim Hunter? Or any of the

engineers that worked with PWK? That's quite the conspiracy if they're

all telling the exact same story... [^o)]

Maybe he said something like that in the original write-up?

Anyway, I'm happy that you THINK it exceeds the Khorn by a large

margin. There are people who think a Bose Wave Radio is better than a

Khorn too.

And then there are people who claim the khorn is better than a Jubilee - and they haven't even heard it!

And how do you account for the measurements?

But the specific "it" I was talking about to Meagain was the 402

horn, which is designed for behind a movie screen placement, and was

not a part of the home Jubilee configuration as envisioned by

PWK.

"Let's see some evidence of that in PWK's own words."

They were both designed for different environments.

Oh really? And on what do you base this assumption?

I reckon the better choice for the home has to be the Klipschorn.

Everything else aside - how can you make this assumption without actually hearing the difference?

Oh, I almost forgot...

While we're at it, let's go ahead and critique the next 10 years of

Klipsch products that will be coming out. We don't need to hear them to

know that the antiques we have in our own homes will forever be the

absolute epitomy of sound quality and performance. Fysiks? Bah, who

needs that...I've got golden ears!

[6][:(]

I have heard the Jubilees and I have heard (and own) Khorns.  I think the Jubilees sound better than any other speaker I have heard. 

Now, around 100 or so forum members have heard the Jubilees.  Are any of them advising against buying them?  How many, like me, think the Jubilee sounds better than the Khorn?

Bob Crites

I think most know I have JCs Jub clones. Well this past weekend I got them going and did a direct comparison with my Lascalas. My Khorns happen to be in an adjacent room, but the test I did was pretty fair since I have a K-77 and K-55 top section on the jubs, and I used the same receiver using speakers a/b to instantly switch back and forth. The jubs at one end of the room, lascalas facing them but at the other end of the room. 37 x18 rectangular...basically empty with an 11 ft. ceiling.

So my comparison was bass cabinet vs. bass cabinet really.

My results are this. Until you hear them together you won't know how they really compare...and it might surprise you. The differences are not what everyone thinks. I would equate 1 jub to about 1 1/2 lascalas at most. It is not anymore than that in my room and on the system I used.

I think what the revelation may be is that big top section some have.....that I don't.

I can also tell you that the Jub clone cabinets I have sound remarkably like lascalas but with more output. They do not sound like my Khorns at all.

I really should not say anymore than this for now....as I have some work left to do on the Jubs.

Again, there are a lot of assertions being made here, but no evidence beyond someone's opinion.

Sorry, guys, but what I've said before is incontrovertible:

1) The home Jubilee as envisioned by PWK does not exist. A bastardized rendition can be special ordered, and a 3-way behind-the-screen cinema version is available.

2) The 402 is a godawful looking horn for a home environment.

3) Any two speaker designs will sound different. Which is better? That's a matter of taste. Judging speakers by specs? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. That was a good one, Dr. Who.

I can also tell you that the Jub clone cabinets I have sound remarkably like lascalas but with more output. They do not sound like my Khorns at all.

Exactly, Mark. You alone of Jub auditioners and owners understand that the Jub and the Khorn sound different enough that you can't really make a meaningful comparison. Based on what you've written here, and I think in the past, I look at the Jub as a Super La Scala.

An incredible waste of time this thread but entertaining none-the-less. I still don't know what the point of the thread was for that matter. It really seems like a case of penis-envy run amok; some are threatened by the larger speaker and some are running around like Bob in the Enzyte commercials.

But...

I find it most unlikely the Jubilee was intended by PK to replace the Klipschorn. I firmly believe PK intended for it to supplant the Khorn at the top of the food chain BUT the Khorn is Klipsch's claim to fame - "So good, we have been building the same speaker for 50 years"; you would have to be the biggest marketing fool of all time to drop it. Such a FUBAR would make Coca Cola's experiment with "new coke" the holy grail of marketing coups.

Only on the Klipsch board would the company and its patrons continue to obsess and speculate about the wishes of its founder. You don't see WalMart issuing statements saying "Sam wanted ya'all to buy more Chinese sheit... Sam intended for us to launch a new niche..."

Its mind-boggling. Evalute the products and buy what you want. You don't need to use PK or God to justify your purchase or your reasoning. Some of you just have to have the latest thing - like teenagers and the latest "in" thing.

Exactly, Mark. You alone of Jub auditioners and owners understand that the Jub and the Khorn sound different enough that you can't really make a meaningful comparison. Based on what you've written here, and I think in the past, I look at the Jub as a Super La Scala.

I really find you amusing at times and yes, this is one of those times [:D]

You're a classic.

[Y]

It's amusing what some spout off as their interpretation of fact, yet as best I can tell, the same people have made zero effort to contact Roy (who has worked there for 20 years) or maybe even Amy (!!) to see what the company's comment is.

Now, Anarchist, you have a PM (it's couple weeks old I think)

I find it most unlikely the Jubilee was intended by PK to replace the Klipschorn. I firmly believe PK intended for it to supplant the Khorn at the top of the food chain BUT the Khorn is Klipsch's claim to fame - "So good, we have been building the same speaker for 50 years"; you would have to be the biggest marketing fool of all time to drop it. Such a FUBAR would make Coca Cola's experiment with "new coke" the holy grail of marketing coups.

You're absolutely right here. Replacing the Khorn! That does not pass the giggle test, guys.

Ah yes thank you Mr. Parrot. Silly me, I shoulda known measurements

mean absolutely nothing! By all means please enlighten us to your

experiences with measuring and how they fail to correlate to what our

ears hear. Surely you must have copious amounts of personal experience

with measurement practices to know how insufficient and worthless they

are.

Silly me, I shoulda known measurements
mean absolutely nothing!

Well, you are being silly, but that's okay. No one said measurements mean absolutely nothing, except you, just now. This is a classic way to try to counter an argument--twist your opponent's statement into something ridiculous that he never said, and then demolish it.

If you decide what speakers to buy based on a spec sheet instead of a live audition, then I'm sorry but there's no help for you.

I don't think it's accurate to say the Jubilee is better than the Khorn. "Different" than the Khorn
would be a much better way of putting it. Is a La Scala better than a Cornwall? They're so different that a comparison is pretty pointless. Some people will prefer one over the other for particular situations, other people the other one.

OK let me get this straight, So you are saying that a PP amp with 25+ watts is not better than low powered SET, it just different? Please post a notarized copy of that!

Rigma