Meagain's at it again

Parrot

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coyotee, are you still happy with yours, and if you had to do it over again, would you?

You are asking me a serious question huh?

Not only would I do it over, the wife has talked about designing our 'next house' (not that it's going to happen anytime soon). I'm figuring if we do that then I'll buy three MORE and make a dedicated HT room for them.

I do not mind their looks at all...in fact, I kind of like their intimidating appearance.

I/we listen to a LOT more music now that we've got these, than we did with the Khorns. Today, there is something playing literally every day. I mean, EVERY day. I still sit there and just marvel at their sound. When the wife isn't around, then I also marvel at their volume capablities [:$].

We all gotta live our lives & deal with wives or Mr. Budget or something... so with that disclaimer, I'd recommend that ANYONE who is looking to buy a pair of Khorns, get these. I'd also advise anyone who had an understanding wife, acceptable budget and didn't mind the size of these things, to ditch their Khorns and move up to these.

So, yes...I'm happy with mine and I'd do it over again in a heartbeat. The only drawback I see to the specific ones I have is I might like to refinish them. I'm keenly waiting for Rigma to finish his so I can get some ideas (I'm better at copying stuff like that than being creative with it)

Dean, when you getting those puppy's, and why did you go that route over the ALK khorn mod?

I have no idea when I'm getting them. My check won't show up down there for a few more days and then I have to get in line. I guess it could be a month or two, I actually don't know!

I already did the ALK Klipschorn mod, and a step further too. Trachorns, Beyma CP-25 tweeters -- and JBL 2470 mid drivers. Sounds great. I sure ain't doing this because I'm unhappy with the sound I'm getting now.

Mr. Delgado,

Thanks for the wonderful work and contributions for the jubilee. I was always taken back by the k horns when I was a kid but never managed to get a pair. I think your work on the jubilee is marvelous, and I hope to be working on a clone for my living room with the help of all the other folks who have been researching this design.

Bill Martinelli

Bill was nice enough to reply to an email from me a couple weeks ago but I forgot to post his reply as I intended. http://www.woodhorn.com/Wood%20Horns/21inchhorn/21inch.htm

Hi Ian,

The 21 horn is a design we make that will work from 400hz upward. This would be well suited for the Jubilee bass cabinet

Bill Martinelli

The horn is pricey but so beautiful! Amazing work!

http://www.woodhorn.com/Wood%20Horns/21inchhorn/21inch.htm

So add drivers and you are at what $2500 - $2750? Not much more than the 402's. I would probably go with the 402's anyway cause I don't like that naked look. If it doesn't have the box like the Khorn, may as well just go large. The more I look at the ones in Coytee's room, the more I think "those are so cool. Not pretty, but, oh so cool."

So add drivers and you are at what $2500 - $2750? Not much more than the 402's. I would probably go with the 402's anyway cause I don't like that naked look. If it doesn't have the box like the Khorn, may as well just go large. The more I look at the ones in Coytee's room, the more I think "those are so cool. Not pretty, but, oh so cool."

You should take me up on my offer... might be all we can do to keep you from buying a pair!

[6]

Listen, man, I have to sell a couple houses, buy some more land, build a new house... if I listened to them and had to have them, my wife might shoot me just for mentioning I wanted to drop that much money on more speakers. She has been very tolerant of the money I routinely spend on equipment upgrades, new amps, extra amps, NOS tubes, etc. 8 Grand for a set of speakers with everything else going on... shoot.

Thats why I called 1st dibs on Deans... God knows that man will be wanting something else in a year or two and by then I will have the new house and the family will be settled back down... if Dean won't let his go then, I might just have to plunk down the change and buy 'em new. By then I might actually have sold some of my equipment to make room...

I am still thinking I may stop by later this month... will keep you advised and see if the invite is still open.

If you notice the grills on this one, they're a tad different than how grills would go on ours. I wonder if they truncated the last part of the wing on these, to allow the grills to finish it? (notice the triangle)

Grills on mine, would be rectangular and fit in front

Perhaps Dean, but being black inside mine seem to easily show ANY dust that might accumulate inside them. Grills would help either prevent that, or at least hide it.

I COULD maybe crank the volume some to blow the dust out but then it would get all over the couch