Klipsch an obscure brand ?

thoppa

• Moderators

I must interject something here one final time, I'm sorry about the off-topic, but I don't understand why some people are getting up in arms that I found someone's comments to be rude (even through I took them out of context, did understand the inside joke, showed how "ignorant" I am about apparently lots of things, etc etc).

I didn't delete the post. I didn't edit the post. I didn't lock the thread. I didn't ban the person who said it. But I do have opinions, and I will occasionally voice them.

Done now, thanks.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Or is it the case that Klipsch employees are not permitted to voice their opinion?

Anyhow Amy. It's cool. You do a great job here...

Yikes, if that's the case, I'd better ban Bodcaw Boy, ASAP!

And thanks. I know I make mistakes from time to time, but I never claimed to be perfect. Trey just thinks I am.

• Moderators

Dtel's wife then Amy.... why I don't talk back to women, they are almost always right (other than what we men say behind their back) [;)]

The safest way with women is to check the waters with a simple comment, if it "seems" safe ", " no guaranty ever", then proceed with the real question at your own risk ! [:|]

Just kidding , let it fly and see what happens, by some freak chance I may be correct ?

I lived in Okinawa from 1990-1996 as a Navy brat. I met this Air Force guy "T". He had 4 Khorns in his 14*14 living room, along with many many components. Needless to say, he couldn't even hang things on his walls. He's who put me onto Klipsch.

Here in the UK, out of all the audio shops I have been to, Warfedale seems to be the "Bose" of speakers here. you see them everywhere. I've noticed that locals here are nowhere near as much into home audio/ home theater as Americans. I have yet to see a British home with a Big Screen, or big speakers. I mean Klipsch big when I say that.

This thread is discussing why Klipsch is an obscure brand, not bashing on people who play drums. I realize many threads on here wander off-topic, but your generalizing is ridiculous, and quite frankly, rude.

Thanks

There's moderators, and then there's moderators.

MAS, maybe you should clear all of your posts with the forum moderator before actually putting it out there. Either that or put a little "JK" after that type of post to let "everyone" know that yer "just kidding" and maybe save yourself a little bashing.

Why does it look more and more every day like Hillary or Obama is going to get elected?

• Moderators

This thread is discussing why Klipsch is an obscure brand, not bashing on people who play drums. I realize many threads on here wander off-topic, but your generalizing is ridiculous, and quite frankly, rude.

Thanks

MAS, maybe you should clear all of your posts with the forum moderator before actually putting it out there. Either that or put a little "JK" after that type of post to let "everyone" know that yer "just kidding" and maybe save yourself a little bashing.

Why does it look more and more every day like Hillary or Obama is going to get elected?

Wow. How many times do I need to apologize and admit that I'm not perfect before this ends?

Keep politics off the forum, please.

• Moderators

Thanks

Wow. How many times do I need to apologize and admit that I'm not perfect before this ends?

Why are you even working on a Sat? Or is it to babysit us brats given the events of the last week or so? Or maybe it's not really work, our collective charming personality is just too much to stay away from? Regardless of the reason, I hope you have a great weekend.

Travis

• Moderators

OK - back on topic:

Klipsch is well known in many parts of the world but not the UK where it never sold well. Being from the UK myself I have never heard of them until I moved to Greece - where they are one of the dominant brands.

Coming from the English - laid back style of presentation (Wharfdale, BBC monitors etc.) I cannot tell you how much shock I went into when I first encountered a KHorn in full bloom. I had never heard anything play that loud and that clean.

It was hearing the Klipsch sound that really got my into music and audiophilia. I guess it is a sound that either does it for you or it doesn't - it did for me.

Maxg,

I used to subscribe to two U.K. audio publications, HiFi+ and name of the other escapes me, Best something? Anyhooo, when the issue of horn speakers came up Tannoy was always mentioned. I got the impression that Tannoy was such a huge presence there, and that it was a superb product, although quite massive. So much so that I read that in Britney they do not refer to it as a PA System, they say Tannoy, the same way we say Scotch Tape or Kleenix when we mean transparent tape or tissue.

Was Tannoy so strong that Klipsch had no chance?

Travis

Thanks

Actually, I was an idiot and didn't read the last 3 pages.

Here in the UK, out of all the audio shops I have been to, Warfedale seems to be the "Bose" of speakers here. you see them everywhere. I've noticed that locals here are nowhere near as much into home audio/ home theater as Americans. I have yet to see a British home with a Big Screen, or big speakers. I mean Klipsch big when I say that.

Most homes in the UK have small rooms (leading to small speakers and small TVs) because they're heated with coal fireplaces. You close the door when you go from the heated living room to the unheated hallway. As central heating catches on, maybe homes will start to be built with larger rooms (leading to bigger speakers and bigger TVs).

At present in the UK, big speakers are mostly found in palatial (by UK standards) homes. My cousin in Belfast is happy with his mini-monitors.

Islander, I think that interpretation of life in the UK might have held some merit twenty-five years or more ago. Sure there is most certainly some truth in what you are saying, i also think that the emphasis was/is on Quality over Quantity. Please, please DO'NT think for one minute that i am disparaging any specific brands simply making an honest personal observation.

Well, my cousin does live in a pretty old house, but I've never seen any big speakers or TVs over there either, although I did see quite a few big houses when I drove through the south of Ireland seven years ago. No disparagement taken. You're likely more up to date than I am.

Thanks

... There's moderators, and then there's moderators.

Regardless of whether you later read the rest of the thread, that's still a bit rough...

At least you had the courtesy to acknowledge your error. [:)]