A tribute to the wives.

bhenry

I think we need to give our better halves some credit.

I appreciate that my wife not only allows (from a money stand point, not permission) me to indulge in this fantastic hobby, but she also encourages it and has really come to enjoy it herself. She now requires the higher quality audio systems in her cars and can't understand how she used to listen to TV through those tiny speakers. If I could only get her to like the music louder!

Even though she hates these big black boxes all over the living room, she lets me do it anyways. She even got me a set of AW 650's for my birthday to put out on the deck.

In addition to not squashing my AV hobby, she went above and beyond by getting shots to help with her allergy to dogs so that I could get the best golden retriever in the world (I know, my golden isn't the best, YOUR'S is). A great wife, a great dog, a great home theater, what more could a guy ask for.

So thank you to my wife and I hope many others on this forum have the same fortune with their spouse that I have with mine.

I have been married since January 6th of this year and it has been the best decision I have ever made. She is loving and supporting of all I do. She hasnt quite caught on to my a/v enthusiasm. But, I have caught her with the Dixie Chicks playing far beyond normal listening habits.

• Moderators

34 years and counting.............I married my Best Friend................no one else wanted me.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ob I feel the same way.

If I can still say I am happy after 28 years I feel lucky.

Every once and a while I want to put my foot up her butt, although I think she has many more of those days with my [bs] !

Every once and a while I want to put my foot up her butt, although I think she has many more of those days with my [bs] !

dtel,

I couldn't agree more, my wife certainly got the short end of the stick (did I just say that?) but I wouldn't trade my audio "enabler" for anything in the world.

My wife's pretty good about it. At first, she had a little bit of that "Whoa, whaddaya doing?" kind of look going on, but over time, and as the systems improved, she's now very much on board with our system exploits......in fact, she's wanting me to find a quad of GEC KT66 for the MC-30s[:)] Once she got a sample of those, that little light went off in her head as if to say "NOW I know why you did this." She also is a good "compass" in terms of upgrades and changes.....if she can't tell the difference, it's likely nothing major to worry about. But she's definitely "in the club"......even to the extent that she not only believes, but KNOWS that there are differences in caps and tubes. If I do a tube roll or crossover change, she picks up on it. "OK, what did you do this time?"

She doesn't know a damn thing about it (other than my coaching, especially with the tube gear), but she enjoys the outcome. She's got GOOD ears.

She also likes furniture quality speaker cabinets.....especially if in good condition[:)] When I brought the Belle Klipsch home, she exclaimed, "They're BEAUUUUUUUTIFUL!!!!!"

Yeah, she's a keeper[:D]

My wife's name on Audiogon say's it all. WAF...wife acceptance factor.

She has literally bought all of my equipment for me. When my birthday or Christmas or whatever comes along, she gives me something new. As you look below, you can see that she has had good taste in her picks!

I am absolutely the luckiest man in the world...

Paul

34 years together for us, too; last Saturday! Simply put: Verna is the Best!

Circa 1975: Fallon, Nevada

Glen & Verna,

Man that photo is great!!!! Nice glasses Picky!! ROTF!

Most of you guys are rookies. 37 years in Aug. I was so young, my mother had to sign the papers.

Never a cross word, never looked at another woman, no probs with money, always on the same page.[bs

I got to get the scanner going.[:D]

tc

I must add myself to the list of lucky people with a wonderfully understanding wife. She supports me in my endeavours into musical magic. Initially she was a bit skeptical that this was worth it, but I believe she now thinks its worth the effort and expense to track down good sound. She gets plenty of use out of the system with her music and movies, so we both benefit. We've been married almost 2 years and its been a wonderful experience.

I too consider myself lucky to have a wonderful, understanding wife who indulges my audio habit. In fact, after auditioning countless speakers, we bought our Kg 5.5s because she thought they sounded the best! She never complains when I crank up the volume, especially if she likes the music. She used to enjoy reading the old Stereophile column Astor Place, and could empathize with the author and "her audiophile's" eccentricities.

Thanks Honey!

Dale

Guest Anonymous

My wife cranked Metallica this morning. I thought it was my son, but I went in the house and she was standing there and said "I love Metallica" I guess she is cool!!!

Guest Anonymous

My wife just said it's cool if I want to spend $1200 of our tax return on some new gear. I'm looking at what fron setup to get. (mains and center)

$1200 return!! That's how much I owe. Damit!!!

Here ya go Glen.

Blue shades, hair and youth.........

EDIT: I can't believe I posted that thing....I cropped the bong on the mantel.....Lynn will kill me

More importantly, why is that mantel only 3 ft. tall?