klipsch horn speakers

mrj

My father in-law gave me his stereo set up because he hadnt turned it on in years. My wife and i now have these speakers, Everything is in good condition and works great, we just dont have the need. Anyone know what they are or a fair asking price? The plaque says KB-00#/F serial#8667275. MY wife wants to get rid of them but i dont even know what theyre worth. I also have a luxman LV 105 amp and T102 reciever anyone know of these? Thanx for the help

post-26284-13819329617264_thumb.jpg

mrj

I paid 1500 for my 1985 pair last month which were in factory fresh condition and sold to me by the original owner.

You have a 1986 pair.

Where are you located, I am sure, we can find someone who is looking for a pair of these speakers.

Thanx for the fast replies. I live in Atascadero,CA exactly half way between LA or SF. This setup sounds awesome, however my wife and i are looking for our first house and dont have the room. MY father in law is the original owner . THE serial #'s are 8667275 and 8667277.THAnx again

Thanx for the fast replies. I live in Atascadero,CA exactly half way between LA or SF. This setup sounds awesome, however my wife and i are looking for our first house and dont have the room. MY father in law is the original owner . THE serial #'s are 8667275 and 8667277.THAnx again

If you are looking for your first house, find one with good corners. Use those speakers. If you sell them, you will regret it. Maybe not now, but later. That was one hell of a gift from your father-in-law. Wouldn't want to tick him off by selling his gift!

He's ok with me selling them. I told him its either that or we move into the speakers, they're big enough lol. Is there a classified spot on this site? WHere could i list then for sale? I've never sold stereo equiptment and dont know where to begin. Anyone lookin for a smokin deal?

I definitely agree with John.

I get the impression you have not heard these speakers or heard them properly set up. The equipment you listed is a nice selection, so don't worry about that. However, due to their design they must be set up in corners (snug nto the corner). Try this and as an experiement place your listening chair so that you face the speakers (IOW the speakers are at + & - 45 degrees). Have a listen. The sound will be nothing short of incredible. If your new house has insufficient corners then try a search on threads describing "false corners". That would be a perfectly acceptible substitute.

We just want to make sure you realize what you have before you think about selling them. Very few folks ever sell their Klipschorns.

Good Luck,

-Tom

Maybe if he knew what these cost new... he might "FIND" a place for them???

Dude were trying to be nice here.... You have a gift.... 1800- 2500 is a fair price used....

But new...??? todays prices..... to re buy these new might make u sick!

Get them in solid tight corners.... I really doubt you would let go of them.. (And tell your wife in those corners they disappear pretty good too.) They do!

Just no live plants or drinks on the tops please!!

Is that grill cloth really a nausea green, or does it just look that way in the picture? If so, and the color is a factor and a distraction from the beautiful oak, please consider changing the grill cloth instead of selling the speakers. See http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/klipschorn.aspx to see approximately how they look in black, which seems to be an overall favorite.

I definitely agree with the others, you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't listen to them properly. Here ya go:

Larry

post-12148-13819329627638_thumb.jpg

DUDE!
KEEP THE SPEAKERS!! and the equipment also!
Khorns tend to blend in well and are smaller when installed snug in a corner.

You are now the owner of a stereo system that is better than 90% of what the public owns, most of them you are WAY better. You don't need to ditch them due to buying a first house, just buy the first house with a good set of corners and you will love life!

The wife needs to understand certan things and good stereo in one of those things she needs to give in on! You have the comperable sound equipment of a Rolls Royce given to you and she wants you to give it up, DON'T DO IT! Set the system up properly and give it a listen!

I've honestly been rockin out to them all morning.I can't turn them up past 1/4 or i cant get the puppy to come out from under the bed LOL. They do sound amazing and they arent even setup correctly.If i could .incorporate them into my Ht setup I may keep them. But i'am lost as to where to begin. thanks for the replies, and advice. Oh and yes they really are that nasty green, the color may have something to do with it? LOL

Jason

I've honestly been rockin out to them all morning.I can't turn them up past 1/4 or i cant get the puppy to come out from under the bed LOL. They do sound amazing and they arent even setup correctly.If i could .incorporate them into my Ht setup I may keep them. But i'am lost as to where to begin. thanks for the replies, and advice. Oh and yes they really are that nasty green, the color may have something to do with it? LOL

Jason

Of course you can incorporate them into your HT setup, or more accurately, set it up around the Khorns. The center and surround speakers will need their levels turned up about 10 dB to match the output of the Khorns, but most AV receivers will let you do that. With my La Scalas, which have very nearly the output of the Khorns, I wound up having to set them at -3.5 dB with the most distant surround speaker set at +9.5 dB, but it all works and sounds good.

As your budget improves over the years, you can consider adding more Heritage speakers to your system. There are members on this forum with several Klipschorns in their systems, or combos of Klipschorns and La Scalas, Belles, Heresies, Cornwalls, or whatever suits their listening space and budget.

Bottom line is that you have a system that's above 95th percentile in your room, compared to that of the average Joe. Why would you want to trade down? And you can get different grille cloth...

...You are now the owner of a stereo system that is better than 99.9% of what the public owns...

Just correcting a typo by Cal.

If keeping them is a consideration, there is plenty of expert advice here that will help you integrate those beasts into your HT system. Do this and your view of home theater will be changed forever...

When my dad bought his last house, one of the primary things he was looking for was Klipschorn corners.

You're not my son are you? If you are, you know you're not allowed on the computer yet (although I'm pleased with your spelling and grammar). If not, sorry, it's just that your Dad sounds like me...[:D]