hey deano (snipers and the jub envious, STAY AWAY)

bodcaw boy

Rigma. yes...the 510 looks dumb on its own sittin there. However, the appropriate enclosure like what is on top of a Khorn looks good. Just like what I did with my dbb's and just what I'm about to do with my 510's coming. That same style enclosure for a 402 won't look right....IMO.

Don't take this personally by all means. You've done the ultimate on the bass bin. I just don't think there is a way to have that large horn on top of the jubilee with or w/o an enclusure that will suit my tastes. Yes...that photoshop image with the 402 enclosure makes the top proportional with the bottom but doesn't have an overall shape that is appealing to me.

jc

JC,

Not to worry, I don't take that as personal at all. Hey, you are a fellow DIYer and I respect your skills and opinions.

Even if I didn't like the looks of the 402, which I do, I would keep it for the sound. It is the best I have ever heard bar none! I have not heard the 501 but can't imagine it could be as good or better, but I could be wrong. To me the sound is priority one aesthetics are desirable but secondary.

This is an audio forum not "Home Decor"[;)]..LMAO

rigma

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would not think the 510 would be better either. Remember......I may buy the 402's.......but I will make them invisible. My wife wouldn't tolerate an "exposed horn" in the house and I'm not so hot on their looks either exposed. She is very acceptable of this high end stuff though.

Dean already has given his opinion. I was satisfied. Are we needing a review one week of listening?

jc

Oh. I see.

Amy said she could pull them up.

"Re: Diminished Dean?

I recall reading posts about Jubilee auditions years and years ago, before Coytee was even on this forum. The people who heard it back then liked it, yes, but they didn't wet their pants over it. And I remember some people preferred the Klipschorn (SHOCKING! I know). Everyone agreed the bass sounded better, but they were split about the top. It was an early prototype, the top wasn't finalized, and the network wasn't optimized. Comparing that prototype to what we are using is an apples and oranges

Posted to 2-Channel Audio (Forum) by DeanG on April 1, 2007 "

The complete one was from April 1st. He had one long one. That should go in the books as his first impression. Looked complete to me. He shouldn't have to be under all this pressure to re-explain himself. There was some good posts that are lost.

jc

Amy--

You're right. I guess I don't understand why some people get so worked up about the Jubilee--but the very mention of this speaker seems to really BOTHER some folks, not just Parrot.

I sure would like to hear the Jubilee--I doubt I would ever own a pair given my currect living space, but one day--WHO KNOWS?

By the way, the "finished" version photoshoped elsewhere is NOT "plug ugly." Huge? Impractical in most living environments? Sure, but I could certainly live with them if I had the space!!!

Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to hear a pair . . .

Allan,

Yeh, I hope you get to hear them. I think you'd love the sound. The sound, IMO, is like Khorn kicked up a notch. I hadn't imagined anything could sound better than Khorn, but it does, IMO.

I think you are right in observing that the idea of Jubilee is upsetting to some people. I don't know what to make of it. However, Parrot reacted similarly and repeatedly to persons who posted about SET in a positive manner. And he wasn't the only one. It was alot more energy than just, "I don't like SET" or whatever. These are people who not only don't like SET but they get really, I mean really, upset that someone else does like SET.

It would be most interesting to correlate the anti SET sentiment to anti Jubilee sentiment. It just might be the same folks. Now that would be genuinely interesting.

Jubilee owners, hold your head up. Be proud. But, whatever you do, please don't post any pics of your Jubilee's hooked up to SET amps.

Seti. I forgot about that thread.

interesting quote:

"In the case of the jub lf and 402/510 horn, the overlap region is from about 500 Hz to about 900 Hz. Below 500 Hz, the 402 and 510 horns, begin to rolloff, phase values are changing rapidly and the coverage angle values are high. Above 900, the lf is beginning to show the severe beaming pattern associated with two acoustic sources. Approximately 800 Hz acoustic crossover provided the best of all three requirements listed above. I like to let the speaker components tell me where they would like to be crossed over.

roy
"

Not only is he my close friend but Seti probably has more knowledge of the Jubilee than most of the current owners! I know for a fact he would have a pair if funds permitted in a heartbeat[;)]

JC, your goatee and horns in your avatar fit you to a tee buddy[:o]

Rigma, posting shots like that last one will have you coming in a close second to JC on the goatee & horns[:P] I still think Bill's photoshop'd 402 Jub is just beautiful[H]

Amy--

You're right. I guess I don't understand why some people get so worked up about the Jubilee--but the very mention of this speaker seems to really BOTHER some folks, not just Parrot.

I sure would like to hear the Jubilee--I doubt I would ever own a pair given my currect living space, but one day--WHO KNOWS?

By the way, the "finished" version photoshoped elsewhere is NOT "plug ugly." Huge? Impractical in most living environments? Sure, but I could certainly live with them if I had the space!!!

Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to hear a pair . . .

Allan,

Yeh, I hope you get to hear them. I think you'd love the sound. The sound, IMO, is like Khorn kicked up a notch. I hadn't imagined anything could sound better than Khorn, but it does, IMO.

I think you are right in observing that the idea of Jubilee is upsetting to some people. I don't know what to make of it. However, Parrot reacted similarly and repeatedly to persons who posted about SET in a positive manner. And he wasn't the only one. It was alot more energy than just, "I don't like SET" or whatever. These are people who not only don't like SET but they get really, I mean really, upset that someone else does like SET.

It would be most interesting to correlate the anti SET sentiment to anti Jubilee sentiment. It just might be the same folks. Now that would be genuinely interesting.

Jubilee owners, hold your head up. Be proud. But, whatever you do, please don't post any pics of your Jubilee's hooked up to SET amps.

SET AND JUBILEE ROTFLMAO I just about bust a gut on that but with the increased efficiency SET would be even more suited for the Jubilee. I'd still like to try some nice PP 2A3 sometime not powerhouses but I bet they sound grand. As I said before Klipsch high efficiency speakers are more inclusive when it comes to amplification.

Since we're quoting...... Dean posted this October 2004

"Ya know, the K-horn has a unique, wonderful signature all its own, and I really like them just the way they are. To be perfectly honest, I see no real reason to go to larger drivers and horns unless one has a relatively large room, or simply lives in a world of extremely high SPL listening -- both being cases where the lower distortion levels would be desirable."

[6] [:D] [:$]

Since we're quoting......   Dean posted this October 2004

"Ya know, the K-horn has a unique, wonderful signature all its own, and I really like them just the way they are. To be perfectly honest, I see no real reason to go to larger drivers and horns unless one has a relatively large room, or simply lives in a world of extremely high SPL listening -- both being cases where the lower distortion levels would be desirable."

[6]    [:D]   [:$]

amazing

I do like the sound of a pair of Klipschorns, as long as you don't drive them to high SPL's, where they fall apart and sound harsh and pinchy. In a general way, the comment serves as a good example of why people should keep their mouth shut if they have no experience in the area under discussion. Speculation is interesting, but usually abounds with stupidity -- as my three year old post demonstrates.

Since we're quoting...... Dean posted this October 2004

[6] [:D] [:$]

amazing

Technically he went to fewer horns and smaller drivers. One less hf horn than the khorn and he traded a 15inch driver for two twelves : )

I know I have changed my mind several times since 2004 on several issues.

I do like the sound of a pair of Klipschorns, as long as you don't drive them to high SPL's, where they fall apart and sound harsh and pinchy. In a general way, the comment serves as a good example of why people should keep their mouth shut if they have no experience in the area under discussion. Speculation is interesting, but usually abounds with stupidity -- as my three old post demonstrates.

I think you still miss your RF-7s and will never be happy until you get another pair. Its like that girl in college who was really cool, smelled really good and you slept with a few times but for some reason you can't remember things just did not work out but now some 15 years later she is all you can think about, you just don't know it.