hey deano (snipers and the jub envious, STAY AWAY)

bodcaw boy

edwinr,

This is a Klipsch forum. The Jubilee is a Klipsch product. Roy is a confidant of PWK and a Klipsch employee.

Parrot is a guy who never listened to a Jubilee, berated Roy endlessly while calling him a liar, by extension accused Klipsch of committing fraud, and has repeatedly made bogus claims and misrepresented them as PWK's thoughts and intents.

Since your loyalty to Parrot overwhelms your sense of loyalty to Klipsch, please post a list of the Klipsch speakers you are ready to part with; I am sure others will be glad to relieve you of them.

Roy & Jubilee or Parrot... not even worthy of discussion IMO.

[bs] [bs] [bs] [bs] [bs] [bs] [bs] [bs] [bs] [bs] [bs] [bs]

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Edwinr, I didn't have a problem with any of your questions in those threads, but it was frustrating because most of the questions you asked had already been gone over several times, both in the threads you appeared in and others. The threads would be rolling along really well, then get derailed with the nonsense and misinformation. I know one time I got angry when you came in with comments that had been addressed in the first six pages of the thread, and I apologize for that. I believe part of the reason you have a bad taste in your mouth is because you got cheated out of the good information -- don't blame us, we tried. As for Roy's title for this thread, cut the guy some slack -- he just wants to have a thread that doesn't get butchered up. C'mon man, how many years have we waited to get him out here to talk about this speaker, and when he finally shows up some people don't have enough sense to treat him with the respect he deserves. This could be a really good thread if people let it.

Roy, would you be so kind as to carry a Klipschorn into the chamber and model out a network for the K-69-A/K-510 for us? I got this idea in my head that the Klipschorn can hit 500Hz, I think that combo might sound pretty good in a Klipschorn.:)

Speaking of the 510/K69.....Roy...do you have a suggested setting for a parametric EQ for that combo? I have a digital one here (not EV) that I am learning prior to the arrival of the combo. I saw your curve (thank you again) and have an idea but you may have this stored on your hard drive someone.

jc

edwinr,

This is a Klipsch forum. The Jubilee is a Klipsch product. Roy is a confidant of PWK and a Klipsch employee.

Parrot is a guy who never listened to a Jubilee, berated Roy endlessly while calling him a liar, by extension accused Klipsch of committing fraud, and has repeatedly made bogus claims and misrepresented them as PWK's thoughts and intents.

Since your loyalty to Parrot overwhelms your sense of loyalty to Klipsch, please post a list of the Klipsch speakers you are ready to part with; I am sure others will be glad to relieve you of them.

Roy & Jubilee or Parrot... not even worthy of discussion IMO.

[bs] [bs] [bs] [bs] [bs] [bs] [bs] [bs] [bs] [bs] [bs] [bs]

Meagain, I know I am blunt and I don't know you although I have formed an opinion and hope you change it, but, aside from the ability to click on a emoticon repeatedly, please spell out exactly what is BS. I will bet you your Klipschorns there isn't a thing in my post that was bull$hit. I can provide posts to prove my statements. I hope you have more than parrots BS to substantiate yours.

You seem to be one of parrots pollys. Correct me if I am wrong and I hope I am. But... ask anyone, I pull no punches and right now you seem to be one of the parrot and NOS faithful.

Roy, would you be so kind as to carry a Klipschorn into the chamber and model out a network for the K-69-A/K-510 for us? I got this idea in my head that Klipschorn can hit 500Hz, I think that combo might sound pretty good in a Klipschorn.:)

Dean it will be interesting to see what Roy says to this idea.

The K510 is begining to loose polar control below 500Hz and I wonder if the gap between the Khorn's woofer performance and the K510 would be tough to work around.

The other thing I believe is there is a clarity and coherence that both horns of the Jubilee have and this makes it sound "VERY close to speaking as one voice". I orginally wondered if the K402 would mate good with the Klipschorn's bass horn but after living with the Jubilee for a while now I'm not sure that the Klipschorn's bass horn would blend with it properly. There is just a speed and clarity that the Jubilee bass horn has and I believe it is because the horn is better behaved and with an order of magnitued less distortion.

Have you noticed the transient ability of the Jubilee? The Klipschorn is very good in this area but IMHO the Jubilee is even faster and it sounds this way from Top to Bottom. Again very coherent sound to me.

mike tn

So was I. I was in the process of selecting my next Klipsch product - either the AK5 klipschorns with possibly a sealed back or maybe even the mighty Jubilee, I've got the dollars, but at this juncture I now lack the inclination to buy. My initial questions about the Jubilee were treated with some derision and the childish comments that have come about from those that should know better... what can I say? I know some of you might say that I should join Parrot. I don't entirely agree with everything he says. But Good God people! Have a look at some of the vitriole that has been thrown his way! Some of you may find the current situation amusing. I find it very disappointing. I for one am now looking at my small but very valuable collection of Klipsch speakers with disappointment. Is this what PWK wanted?

Edwinr,

I certainly don't know all the answers but if you have some Jube specific questions and want to throw them my way via pm/email please feel free to. My personal feeling is if you or anyone were to arbitrarily avoid the Jubilees because of comments here or because of some comments made by others not related to the true performance of the Jubilees... then my friend, you are only screwing yourself in the back. (IMHO).

In my view, there are two seperate issues, one being some of the realities of Parrot (for better or worse) and facts about the Jubilee. It would be a mistake if one of those issues affected your thought process on the other.

Sometimes, I wonder if I might be part of the fertilization of this Jube consternation.. Evidently I've used some descriptive words that some people have taken a step back about. I have never meant any disrespect to any others equipment (remember I still own a pair of LaScalas... actually, I own THREE of them)

So, if any of my comments about my exuberence of the Jubes has caused anyone any angst, then I would like to apologize to that person (whomever it may be) as well as the forum in general.

I will continue to offer anyone that cares to hear them in my humble living room, the opportunity to do so.

"The K510 is begining to loose polar control
below 500Hz and I wonder if the gap between the Khorn's woofer
performance and the K510 would be tough to work around."

The K510 rolls off below 500hz. It looses pattern control up higher then that.

"Have you noticed the transient ability of the Jubilee?"

Transients are all about FR. The top end of the Jubilee is more extended then a k77... better transients.

Shawn

Roy, would you be so kind as to carry a Klipschorn into the chamber and model out a network for the K-69-A/K-510 for us? I got this idea in my head that Klipschorn can hit 500Hz, I think that combo might sound pretty good in a Klipschorn.:)

Dean it will be interesting to see what Roy says to this idea.

The K510 is begining to loose polar control below 500Hz and I wonder if the gap between the Khorn's woofer performance and the K510 would be tough to work around.

The other thing I believe is there is a clarity and coherence that both horns of the Jubilee have and this makes it sound "VERY close to speaking as one voice". I orginally wondered if the K402 would mate good with the Klipschorn's bass horn but after living with the Jubilee for a while now I'm not sure that the Klipschorn's bass horn would blend with it properly. There is just a speed and clarity that the Jubilee bass horn has and I believe it is because the horn is better behaved and with an order of magnitued less distortion.

Have you noticed the transient ability of the Jubilee? The Klipschorn is very good in this area but IMHO the Jubilee is even faster and it sounds this way from Top to Bottom. Again very coherent sound to me.

mike tn

Mike, understanding that the Jubilee bass bin appears to outperform the Klipschorn bass bin, especially in the 200-500hz region, Dean's question is very relevant to those of us who would not be in a position to pull the trigger on a pair of Jubs for a number of years yet, but we still will have our Klipschorns - and this new upper end driver/horn combo is very intriguing to us. As I've reviewed the various threads on the K69 mated with the two horns, I've had similar thoughts as the question Dean is asking.

Plus, if...........the K510/69 combo could improve a Klipschorn top end - and still work at least decently with a Klipschorn bass bin for the time being, if one already has the upper end - then that would be less amount of $$$$$ needed to complete the full conversion (by adding the Jub bass bin) down the road.

Of course, all of this assumes that I will like the Jub sound once I hear it........[*-)][:D]

Carl.

Meagain, I know I am blunt and I don't know you although I have formed an opinion and hope you change it, but, aside from the ability to click on a emoticon repeatedly, please spell out exactly what is BS. I will bet you your Klipschorns there isn't a thing in my post that was bull$hit. I can provide posts to prove my statements. I hope you have more than parrots BS to substantiate yours.

You seem to be one of parrots pollys. Correct me if I am wrong and I hope I am. But... ask anyone, I pull no punches and right now you seem to be one of the parrot and NOS faithful.

Anarchist, I realize you are blunt and I appreciate such types! I BS buttoned this line "Parrot is a guy who never listened to a Jubilee, berated Roy endlessly

while calling him a liar, by extension accused Klipsch of committing

fraud, and has repeatedly made bogus claims and misrepresented them as

PWK's thoughts and intents." ...... which I think is quite an over-exaggeration IMO. Vastly. It's a matter of interpretation & gleaning intent. Yes, I like Parrot here. I like Craig also cuz he speaks his mind (which isn't to say I agree with most of it).... Again - I appreciate that in people. I'm saying he can't defend himself right now so the comments (not just you) are rather unfair. A one-sided fight isn't really kosher ya know?

You got a PM Lisa, lucky you!

Sure Mike, I agree with all that, and I think it might be 5dB down between 400Hz and 500Hz. Still, I think it would sound really good, and would allow a person to move to the Jubilee in two steps. LaScala owners have it made, they can do it with no problem.

• Moderators

Dean: I've yet to figure it out. Perhaps it is a compliment as you're a respected member of the forum or perhaps some simply want to bust your a$$. I am happy for you & glad you are enjoying your investment.

I'm going to venture to Hope this summer & see if Roy will give me an audition. I'll be packing ribs.

Arky,

Let me know when your are going and I will bring an ice chest of sausage to throw in with your ribs (and anything else Roy likes to eat). (I'm serious)

Travis

"NOW I get it... you are the same "Carl" that is on AK??!!!??!!!

Correctamundo?"

Guilty as charged. I've even kept the avatars similar lately.

I should have started out "Carl G" in here from the beginning. But, years after starting as "cjgeraci," I just didn't have the heart (or the effort) left to change it.......

Carl.

Arky,

Let me know when your are going and I will bring an ice chest of sausage to throw in with your ribs (and anything else Roy likes to eat). (I'm serious)

Travis

I understand Blueberries go a long way with him...

Dean: I've yet to figure it out. Perhaps it is a compliment as you're a respected member of the forum or perhaps some simply want to bust your a$$. I am happy for you & glad you are enjoying your investment.

I'm going to venture to Hope this summer & see if Roy will give me an audition. I'll be packing ribs.

Arky,

Travis

Can I tag along? I'll take brisket; already smoked....by me....yum!

"The K510 is begining to loose polar control below 500Hz and I wonder if the gap between the Khorn's woofer performance and the K510 would be tough to work around."

The K510 rolls off below 500hz. It looses pattern control up higher then that.

"Have you noticed the transient ability of the Jubilee?"

Transients are all about FR. The top end of the Jubilee is more extended then a k77... better transients.

Shawn

Agreed Shawn

I was mostly speaking of the Horizontal Polar and substantial changes and (yes the Verticle is much higher) and that with the dropping Klipschorn bass response would be tough I'm thinking for the standard Klipschorn. Not sure how much better the 60th version is in the 250 to 500Hz region.

As far as transients Shawn I see it as basically the ability of a speaker to start and stop without ringing or compressing the signal when the Music( or impulse signal) is applied and that applies to all frequencies. This ability is what helps to define clarity and coherence in a speaker.

Roy probably has stached somwhere(or at least in his mind) a horn that would stretch just a little bit lower that would worker better for the KHorn's bass horn.

mike tn

You got a PM Lisa, lucky you!

Sure Mike, I agree with all that, and I think it might be 5dB down between 400Hz and 500Hz. Still, I think it would sound really good, and would allow a person to move to the Jubilee in two steps. LaScala owners have it made, they can do it with no problem.

I'm not saying the K510/K69A wouldn't work with the KHorn but I do think you would be pushing it but steep slope crossovers would probably help in this case also. Heck maybe Roy has tried it already and knows the answer!

I agree Dean if I had LaScalas or Belles and wanted to modify them I would be all over the K510/K69-A combo.

mike tn