hey deano (snipers and the jub envious, STAY AWAY)

bodcaw boy

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And Roy:

I'm not nearly as envious as I am interested. The more on this subject the better, IMO. I simply can't understand why some people have a problem with this. There are guys/gals with Klipsch speaker models other than Klipschorns, Belles, or La Scalas who are interested in the larger heritage designs, but for whatever reason are not able to obtain them. Yet, those who DO own them do not seem to feel any less inclined to discuss them. Do we have dedicated Klipschorn or La Scala forums? Why should it be any different for the Jubilee?

It's a neat looking speaker. I really love the Klipschorns and Heresies we have, but it's interesting to be able to read and learn about the Jubilee.

Erik

When I purchased my K-horns and Cornwall in 1965 I thought I had my dream system for life. Now with this new Jubillee I have to start this dream all over again although I wonder what would work as a center channel.

JJK

I, for one, am really interested to hear all the discussion on the Jubs. Not the sniping, but the good info that is being handed out. Love my La Scalas and Heresies, too, but realize there are better things out there, albeit more expensive

A couple of comments:

On the dog food issue, many, many pets are allergic to wheat gluten, yet it is in a lot of pet foods. Just getting rid of that can help a lot of pets. The organic foods may also be healthier too, in the long run. Maybe even in the short term.

Back to the Jubs - Speakerfritz (I think) said he thought the Jubs looked more difficult to make than the Klipschorns. Perhaps in some ways, but the expansion of the horn is totally horizontal. This has made the construction easier, and in this design, keeps the builder from having to cut pieces of wood with compound angles. I also don't know how many pieces are in each cabinet, but have this bit of text form djk on the khorn:

"I dearly love K-horns. And for most people they are too much work to build for a 50hz horn. 57 trapezoid shaped boards some with compound mitre angles.About two gross of screws and nails on edge sometimes at an angle into 1/2" plywood."

He had posted this in regards to someone wanting to build the Khorn, compared to the La Scala, which in many respects is a piece of cake.

In regards to those who complained about the favorable reviews being posted so quickly, it seems no one was upset when everyone immediately gushed about Craig's VRDs. Yet Craig was one being critical about the very positive posts on the Jubs. You would think it cuts both ways, but apparently not.

They're just speakers for cryin' out loud. I would love a pair of Jubs in my house, especially if they looked as nice as Marion's, but that would make them cost even more, and I already can't afford them. There just isn't any reason to get your undies in a wad over all this.

Roy, please carry on. I am loving all of your input. I am thinking that Marion could be put in charge of overseeing the fancy version of the Jubs.

Bruce

regardless of what others think, i like the pursuit of good sound and really would like to know what you think about the jubs, good and bad......hey who knows, maybe we can make some mods to the system to make it better........i have gotten miketn's, coyotee-o's, ralph across the pond's, seti's, tonyr's, michael colters' and various others opinions on the jubs. like i have said on other thread, i am after performance issues. amplitude changes are like seasonings; add salt, pepper, what you like but the meal is in front you......what do you think...

have a blessed night,

roy delgado

Hey Roy

Something I believe might be of some help for anyone using an Active Crossover/EQ like the DX38 would be the ability to lower the High Frequencies a slight amount. Since variables like recordings, room, different type amplifiers(for instance I'm using a tube amplifier where as you have designed and listened with solid state) interaction with the K-69-A drivers impedance or even personal preferences can come into play.

So what I've tried today was to take your basic paramaters programed into the DX38 for the K402/K-69-A and subtracted(ie: lowered) each one by (-1db) and saved that to One Program location on the DX38 and then again I saved to another Program with every thing lowered this time by (-2db).

This gives me 3 options quickly to taylor the High Frequencies. It's early but so far in my situation the (-2db subtraction) seems to much and the (-1db subtraction) seems to be my preference.

I want to add that at least to my ear if I vary the level by the DX38 between the two amplifiers for the LF and HF I'm using (once they have been gain matched) that just a (.5db change is noticable on vocals) and when the gain is perfectly matched it is at its optimum to my ears. So for the others using an active crossover I would make sure your different amps gain are matched as close as possible for the best sound.

So do you believe this is a good way to very slightly taylor the sound of the HF Horn or would you go about it differently?

mike tn[:)]

Bruce:

It's true. The reaction goes well beyond speakers, but that sort of double-standard is not new to this forum.

Erik

I thought I'd have a browse, I had my say and I received a very nice letter from Trey, whom I thank for his courtesy, and now I can't believe what I'm reading. So it's okay to post whatever you like as long as it's pre-approved and is consistent with what is deemed appropriate by a select few forum members. And it's also okay for the sycophants to carry on with this thing in a thread despite what has happened...

As some have stated before, you need to carefully read what some of us have been saying.

We are NOT anti-Jubilee.

We were asking legitmate questions.

At one point I was so interested I would have liked to have bought or orderd a pair if my questions were answered in a responsible (read mature) fashion.

This is meant to be a public forum (albeit hosted by Klipsch) - NOT a 'Private Club'.

What is your problem?

• Moderators

So it's okay to post whatever you like as long as it's pre-approved and is consistent with what is deemed appropriate by a select few forum members. And it's also okay for the sycophants to carry on with this thing in a thread despite what has happened...

No, that's not it. Discussions/disagreements/arguments are allowed on here 100%, as long as they are respectful.

As Roy has said, he would like to hear reviews, good and bad.

Thanks

Hi Amy,

As I have told you before, I respect you and I support whatever decisions you make in relation to this forum. However I would like to point out that the sniping is continuing. If you're happy for me to respond in kind (but I assure you in a respectful and responsible manner, unlike some others here, then I will).

Kind regards,

Edwin.

Do you think that the organic part has anything to do with it?

==============

Probably not. We think the dogs had allergies to some of the ingredients in the commercial dog food. And you can't even know what those ingredients are (like rubbish from China, for example). By making the food, we know that there is only FOOD in the FOOD. The organic part is just wife's normal preference.

Ok, back to the jubs,

Who the hell eats hotdogs after the age of 12? I guess all those poeple who acoustically treat thier listening room.

regardless of what others think, i like the pursuit of good sound and really would like to know what you think about the jubs, good and bad......hey who knows, maybe we can make some mods to the system to make it better........i have gotten miketn's, coyotee-o's, ralph across the pond's, seti's, tonyr's, michael colters' and various others opinions on the jubs. like i have said on other thread, i am after performance issues. amplitude changes are like seasonings; add salt, pepper, what you like but the meal is in front you......what do you think...

have a blessed night,

roy delgado

Hey Roy

Something I believe might be of some help for anyone using an Active Crossover/EQ like the DX38 would be the ability to lower the High Frequencies a slight amount. Since variables like recordings, room, different type amplifiers(for instance I'm using a tube amplifier where as you have designed and listened with solid state) interaction with the K-69-A drivers impedance or even personal preferences can come into play.

So what I've tried today was to take your basic paramaters programed into the DX38 for the K402/K-69-A and subtracted(ie: lowered) each one by (-1db) and saved that to One Program location on the DX38 and then again I saved to another Program with every thing lowered this time by (-2db).

This gives me 3 options quickly to taylor the High Frequencies. It's early but so far in my situation the (-2db subtraction) seems to much and the (-1db subtraction) seems to be my preference.

I want to add that at least to my ear if I vary the level by the DX38 between the two amplifiers for the LF and HF I'm using (once they have been gain matched) that just a (.5db change is noticable on vocals) and when the gain is perfectly matched it is at its optimum to my ears. So for the others using an active crossover I would make sure your different amps gain are matched as close as possible for the best sound.

So do you believe this is a good way to very slightly taylor the sound of the HF Horn or would you go about it differently?

mike tn[:)]

changing levels between the hf and lf is a good way to vary the hf content. another consideration is to shelve the top end of the hf. this tends to leave the crossover transition in tact.

have a blessed night,

roy