hey deano (snipers and the jub envious, STAY AWAY)

bodcaw boy

Travis: How about the weekend before Memorial Day or the 1st wk end in June? Friday or Saturday works for me, let's let Roy decide which would be less disruptive. Golf gets in my way in the summer.

Arky,

Either is fine with me, I agree, let Roy decide what is best for him, Sat. if possible, but not required. It Tubes-N-Horns is serious he can let us know if either weekend will work as well. I would enjoy the company on the drive up there. If he can't go, maybe Seadog, JWC or other DFW member will want to hitch a ride. Luther may want to go, not sure what Doc in Waco is up to. I also need to check with Coytee if he is going to be around either weekend to see if I really can come over.

Travis

Travis,

So you are going to Hope, or to Coytee's, or both? You mentioned driving together so that may not work. Austin is slightly out of my way anyhow. I go due north on US 59.

I am interested in this. My Mon lives 30 miles from Hope, so she would be very interested (in my coming) as well [Y]

Rick

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just curious....have you ever measured the top-end capability of the lascala? I wonder how it compares to the Jubilee...

Mike,

I've measured them a couple times but always in room (my old room) so that influences that.

Check out:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/1/276852/ShowThread.aspx

With the old two way setup I was crossing them at 600hz (sharply) and they did fine there too.

I haven't really pushed them to see how high up they could go. Some (year?) I want to try corner reflectors in the bass bin to see if that helps/hurts/makes no difference. A little PEQ taking out a big peak in the Las helps quite a bit.

Shawn

• Moderators

I also need to check with Coytee if he is going to be around either weekend to see if I really can come over.

If you are serious about a visit as opposed to just funning around (realize I'm about 11/12 hour drive from Hope), you are certainly welcome. I have two spare bedrooms (one with trundle bed) if that helps to know... also...we have a .0004783053 star hotel in town [:$] if that makes anyone more comfortable. I live about 12 miles from this junction.

As for timing.... I currently know of nothing that the wife has in mind that would cause any issues with your timing. If you do drive this far (flying will change this comment), I'd ask if you are going to Indy and if so, are you driving?... you could make the trip up a day or so prior to driving to Indy and we could go up together? (just a radical idea to perhaps blend a couple events into a single road trip). Flying obviouisly changes some logic there. If you drive, you could swing through here, visit, stay over on way up and on the way back. Give you a chance to go to Indy with the Jube experience immediately behind you.

Just ideas for the melting pot.

Coytee,

I don't know what I was thinking, I thought I had plotted your place from mine once on mapquest and it did not seem tha far. I will have to make two trips and I will get with you via email on when a good time would be.

Travis

• Moderators

Travis: How about the weekend before Memorial Day or the 1st wk end in June? Friday or Saturday works for me, let's let Roy decide which would be less disruptive. Golf gets in my way in the summer.

Arky,

Either is fine with me, I agree, let Roy decide what is best for him, Sat. if possible, but not required. It Tubes-N-Horns is serious he can let us know if either weekend will work as well. I would enjoy the company on the drive up there. If he can't go, maybe Seadog, JWC or other DFW member will want to hitch a ride. Luther may want to go, not sure what Doc in Waco is up to. I also need to check with Coytee if he is going to be around either weekend to see if I really can come over.

Travis

Travis,

So you are going to Hope, or to Coytee's, or both? You mentioned driving together so that may not work. Austin is slightly out of my way anyhow. I go due north on US 59.

I am interested in this. My Mon lives 30 miles from Hope, so she would be very interested (in my coming) as well [Y]

Rick

RIck,

This this will just be a trip to Hope and back. Austin is out of your way, but we can split the driving from Austin, and we can take my car from here. Send me an email. Does one weekend work better for you?

Travis

Actually Dean you are selling yourself short. I don't think "your just one guy in one room".

In spite of your wackiness about "fancy caps", I am interested in your opinion on the Jubilees. Many of us are quite interested in what you and Rigma and the others think about the improvement.

You could do a number of us a favor however. Open up the check book and 1) get an electronic crossover (and a second amp) 2) pick up a K510. Now you can do the necessary A/B comparisons for us (that is a total of four comparisons).

Think of it: one system, one room, consistent listener, with 402 vs 510 then passive vs electronic (with time alignment), then the interaction of the two factors. You would be doing a number of us a great favor!

Still envious (and feeling inadequate),

-Tom

I guess my approach did not work.

Here I am trying to get someone else to spend a good deal of their own money just so I can get a fair comparison made (for my own purposes). Am I being to subtle, or perhaps not subtle enough?

Dean you are the Man. Go ahead and pull out your wallet, and we will be 100% behind you. Go Dean, Go Dean, Go Dean, Go Dean, Go Dean .....

-Tom (still envious)

I wouldn't trust any dry food from the lower end companies. Who puts wheat gluten in pet food anyway? And from CHINA? The only good thing coming out of this is pet owner awareness as to the crapola that is 90% of the pet foods on the market.
And yes - Dry cat food was hit also. Notice how this all went down many weeks ago and they are STILL adding to the recall list as we speak? Like, they don't know where their wheat gluten (bad crapola ingredient) comes from that it takes all this time to track it down? Says something about quality control & how they manage their operations IMO. OMG - don't get me started on this. I want to see some blood letting at the Senate hearing.

Dean - Innova is a decent food for your kids. A couple bucks more, but no hospital bills. I suggest Cat food as it tends to have higher protein.

Kibbles 'n Bits? Corn, Soybean Meal, Beef & Bone Meal, Wheat Flour, Animal Fat, Corn Syrup, Wheat Middlings,

Water Sufficient For Processing, Animal Digest (Source Of Chicken And

Beef Flavors), Wheat, etc. etc. OMG!!! People actually buy this stuff. Don't get me started! :)

Just curious....have you ever measured the top-end capability of the lascala? I wonder how it compares to the Jubilee...

Mike,

I've measured them a couple times but always in room (my old room) so that influences that.

Check out:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/1/276852/ShowThread.aspx

With the old two way setup I was crossing them at 600hz (sharply) and they did fine there too.

I haven't really pushed them to see how high up they could go. Some (year?) I want to try corner reflectors in the bass bin to see if that helps/hurts/makes no difference. A little PEQ taking out a big peak in the Las helps quite a bit.

Shawn

Thanks Shawn. You think that peak might be related to the vibrating walls of the bass bin or perhaps the driver? Don't most of the 15" drivers have a peak at the top of their response where the cone-breakup or whatever starts happening?

LaScalaBass.JPG

• Moderators

My wife got the positively brilliant (and energetic) idea to start cooking for our 2 dogs about 6 months ago. All organic, all local and all natural. Our dogs have never been better. The 9 year old suddenly got rid of an ear problem that had already cost us $2000 in vet bills. The dogs look healthier, and act healthier. Needless to say they love dinner time too!

Fork over some receipies.

Travis

My wife got the positively brilliant (and energetic) idea to start cooking for our 2 dogs about 6 months ago. All organic, all local and all natural. Our dogs have never been better. The 9 year old suddenly got rid of an ear problem that had already cost us $2000 in vet bills. The dogs look healthier, and act healthier. Needless to say they love dinner time too!

I used to tease my mom that the dog ate better than I did. She used to tease me that I was eating dog food when I grabbed leftovers out of the fridge....

"Thanks Shawn. You think that peak might be related to the vibrating
walls of the bass bin or perhaps the driver? Don't most of the 15"
drivers have a peak at the top of their response where the cone-breakup
or whatever starts happening?"

The peak I'm knocking down is the 150-180hz peak. It looked worse in my other measurements in my theater. I took it down about 5dB and that really helped the chestiness on male vocals. I think that boost might be what some mistake for bass in the LaScala. The LS3/5a trick. ;)

Shawn

• Moderators

Fork over some receipies.

===========

I know guys---it's way O.T. - but just quickly here for Travis----

First she bakes a bunch of boneless skinless chicken breasts.

Then she has a huge rice cooker and cooks up a huge batch of rice.

She then steams various vegetables.

The rice and vegetables are put in a container.

The chicken is diced in the food processor and put in a separate container.

That's about 3 days worth of food. There is a ratio she has of how much chicken and how much rice etc. The dogs love it, whatever it is.

Ok, back to the jubs.....

Dang,

They were right, I would be happy with the just the dog food at your house. I printed it out for my wife and she said real easy and it going to give it a try. Do you think that the organic part has anything to do with it?

Ok, back to the Jubs,

Travis

• Moderators

Deano, U R drivin me FRIKIN nutz, I just gt my smilinwalls in, and you re thelling me the jub's are better....I been waiting a year and a half, for WHAT?[:@]AAATTGGHHHH

Hey looking at the pic's of the smilinwalls they have got to sound great !