selling my La Scallas and Cornwall II's.

homeoption

Hi,

My wife wants all the speakers out of the living room. I have a pair of La Scallas and Cornwall II's that need to go. The La Scallas are the light plywood color, 1979 version I think. They spent most of the time in a mountain cabin and used maybe 3 times a year. Bob Crites put in new caps and they sound excellent. The Cornwalls are 1985 II's and are in great shape.

What should I ask for them?

Thank you for your help.

Henry

Here is a cute ad.  You can pretty much double the prices listed as a starting point, and depending on condition and other factors, maybe even triple the prices indicated.

//////////////////////////////

$1,000.00 for a pair of the Klipschorn model (sometimes referred to as K-horn, Corner-Horn, Khorn, Corner Horn, K Horn, Cornerhorn, Klipsch Horn, or Corner Speakers).  Please see the Klipschorn model pictured below.

$500.00 for a pair of the Belle Klipsch model.

$300.00 for a pair of the following Klipsch models:

Chorus II

Cornwall

Cornwall II

KP-600

La Scala

LSI

RF-7

$250.00 for a pair of the following Klipsch models:

Chorus

Heresy

KP-301

KP-301 II

TSCM

$200.00 for a pair of the following Klipsch models:

CP-1

Forte II

KI-362

KP-362

KP-450

$150.00 for a pair of the following Klipsch models:

Forte

HD

Heresy II

H

HI

HIP

HISM

HSM

KP-201

KP-250

KPT-250

KSP-400

$100.00 for a pair of the following Klipsch models:

CF-4

HP-1

KLF-30

KSM

KSP-300

Quartet

RP-5

RS-7

T-4000

T-5000

Tangent 400

Tangent 500

I might also consider a pair of the following Klipsch cinema speaker models;

KPT-335-N, KPT-435-N, KPT-535-4-T, KPT-535-T KPT-904, or KPT-Jubilee 535

My first preference is a pair of Klipschorn or other model that came with 15-inch woofers (especially models with the furniture grade cabinetry in Ash, Cherry, Ebony, Maple, Mahogany, Rosewood, Teak, or Zebrawood).

I am especially interested in hearing about any speakers with cabinet serial numbers containing the letter U, W, or X (manufactured 1980-1982).

Condition is everything. If they're really nice, lascalas sell for $800ish these days, maybe more, maybe less.

What's the finish on the Corns? Have the networks been upgraded? They can be anywhere from $600 to $1000 or more if the finish is exotic. Average walnut or oak veneer in nice condition go for about $750, maybe $800. Depends on how fast you want a sale.

Anyone disagree?

Beauties! You should get top dollar for them.

But, as the old adage goes, things are worth what people will pay for them. Put them on epay and let the market decide what they're worth. I'd put the reserve price at about twice what the craigslist goofball is willing to pay for lascalas and cornwalls.

Thanks again for the replies. The finish on the La Scallas is not quite as nice as it apears in the photos. There are some scuffs and they don't shine quite that much in person, but they are close.

I am asking $900 + shipping for the La Scallas, and $800 + shipping for the Cornwall II's.

Thanks,

Henry

Condition is everything. If they're really nice, lascalas sell for $800ish these days, maybe more, maybe less.

What's the finish on the Corns? Have the networks been

upgraded? They can be anywhere from $600 to $1000 or more if the

finish is exotic. Average walnut or oak veneer in nice condition

go for about $750, maybe $800. Depends on how fast you want a

sale.

Anyone disagree?

Beauties! You should get top dollar for them.

But, as

the old adage goes, things are worth what people will pay for them. Put

them on epay and let the market decide what they're worth. I'd put the

reserve price at about twice what the craigslist goofball is willing to

pay for lascalas and cornwalls.

============================

Pretty close to my estimation.

All

depends if a local buyer is motivated. You may get someone motivated to

pay over 1000 usd for the LS. They look sharp to me. Makes me a wee bit

sad there be men who have to give up their Heritage speakers for love.

Thank the Lord my wife loves the music from the Belles nearly as much

as I do.

• Moderators

Thanks again for the replies. The finish on the La Scallas is not quite as nice as it apears in the photos. There are some scuffs and they don't shine quite that much in person, but they are close.

I am asking $900 + shipping for the La Scallas, and $800 + shipping for the Cornwall II's.

Thanks,

Henry

Those are great prices, if you don't get any takers on here, you will be able to sell them on Craigslist pretty quickly I would think. The shipping thing is the tuff part. you have to be so careful with that. If you know what you are doing then it is no problem, but simply boxing them up and giving them to UPS is not going to fly, you will have major problems. The only way to ship is common carrier, and if you have experience with that you will be in great shape.

Travis