If someone gave you a pr of speakers, what would you want them to be?

Who???? 7.1 do you think you,l need a subwoofer....Too mutch emphesis on butt-rumble and not enough on the mid band where most info, accoure.....OK 7 jubes but not a cent more...We dont want to Bankrupt the company.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jubs or Cornwall III's in mahogany would be awsome!!

The Jubs would be great because I can have all the benefits of the K-Horns and not need a corner.

The Cornwalls III's would be the best to get that kick-in-the-chest bass and still experience the legendary Heritage line.

I had initially limited my choices to those in Trey's list....

Going outside that, I'd have to include the 60th anniversay Khorns and LaScala II, probably the LaScalla II ahead of the Khorns as I have no suitable corners... but if I'm dreaming anyway.

There are some other offerings from other companies I'm intrigued by, larger Magnepans, Ohm Walsh, and some of the Legacy offerings. That said, Klipsch is the one brand I've thought I'd always have to audition before actually plunking down any real money and I've always dreamed of Klipschorns, 2 then 4 with a Belle or LaScala in the middle. My main speakers are a pair of 8" 2 ways using Peerless drivers I slapped together in college. I'm sure after the Pilgrimage I'll have to break down and get some real speakers (with no real budget, the Quintet III are probably about the most affordable way to get into surround sound....and soundwise probably would be hard to match in quality at twice the price.

But back on topic, and after a bit more reading in the forum, I'd have to go with the Jubs, 2nd choice LaScala II (outside the list), 3rd choice Cornwall.

I'm excited to get a chance to hear the Jubs and other newer things.... so if I'm going to dream of free speakers, at least go with something that I could fit into my current home...

The Jubs might not pass the WAF. But maybe could be found acceptable, think of them as really cool industrial sculpture (not plug ugly as somebody said... I think tongue in cheek) think Frank Lloyd Wright's form follows function ideal (or was that someone else, the steel trap mind has gotten a bit rusty... thanks to the Klipsch forum for dusting off my audio cobwebs a bit [H]) - these babies are a work of art. Of course, could be payback for my wife not allowing me to keep the family moose antlers (I wish I would have, but she sounded serious about dumping me when I brought up the idea...) though I'd think she'd come around after living with such awesome sound for a few weeks... after all, she's put up with my homebuilt speakers with no grilles for > 20 years now

Jubs.

Why? Because I heard one last year in Hope and can't imagine how wonderful a pair must sound.

Daydreaming now, Jubs for the fronts, move the Horns to the rear. Keep the Belle doing center duty. Move the Cornwalls to the sides. I would never leave home.

Peddler,

I'd love to hear your fantasy setup.

Unfortunately, I'd need to add "lose wife" to the mix to make it happen [:)]

Bob

Peddler,

I'd love to hear your fantasy setup.

Unfortunately, I'd need to add "loose wife" to the mix to make it happen Smile

Bob

UHHHH, IF I was you, I would edit that to say "lose wife" instead.... gah.....

Good catch, Michael. (Possible Freudian slip?") [:$]

I'll take care of it.

Bob

Quintet III - These would become my new Master Bedroom surround system

Cornwall III - I would work them into my existing Home Theater as either a replacement for my current, front RF-7s or use them for 2-channel only duty up front.

Jub's - I would install them as a new, 2-channel in our 2nd floor guestroom: A place to do some serious 2-channel listening.

MCM Grand THX - Definitely a dream system of mine: They would find a home in my garage, together with my existing Heresy IIIs which are already a Legend in my neighborhood.

Promedia 2.0 - Because I already enjoy the 5.1 Ultra ProMedia on my computer, I would glady hook these up for my beautiful bride, Verna to enjoy on her PC.

Why? - Since winning my Heresy IIIs I've learned: There's ALWAYS room for more Klipsch in the house!

See you all in Indy! - Glenn

Let me see... This is like talking to Santa. I want this, and I want that. LOL... I made you chocolate chips cookies, too, Santa... And I will leave you some milk!.

OK, So dreaming here.....

60th Anniversary k horns? I think, by far, the prettiest K horns ever!! I wonder what a 75th or 100th would be like.. Something this incredible would be a once in a lifetime speaker to be handed down through your family trust, to your kids,.. kids- kids.. hehehehehehe

Jubilees... I feel this is the likely progression of Paul and Roy's work! I can't wait to hear them in a stereo pair!! With both the 402 and 510 horns. The trick would be ordering at least one more for a center channel... OMG talk about a killer HT for music and movies, glad I have the space too. BTW, I just got my Klipsch Phono Cartridge... through my Klipsch speakers... whooo hooo Klipsch heaven!

Really anything Reference or Heritage I can't see anyone turning anything away here under any circumstances. You can always find room for something this wonderful!

OK, Thats my dream list for now.. I can edit it later right?

The Jubillee`s they look like they would peel the paint off the walls , Mahogany would really look nice. And why , there just isn`t a substitution for cubic inches" I love big sound and lots of it. I havent listened to the Jubes but im sure i would be in heaven.[:D] As far as my CF3`s go , if im on the floor about 7' back dead center these spkrs sound outstanding. With Jubes i think just about anyplace in the room would be outstanding!!

Klipsch Phono Cartridge? I didn't know Klipsch made phono cartridges. I learned something new today so can leave work and go home happy now.... came back to work to finish up some stuff and haven't yet got back to work...

Thinking a set of the Klipsch multimedia speakers would sound really good right now ... as I'm listening to my Grado SR-60's as speakers powered by my Creative Labs Zen Xtra - great headphones, especially for the $, but somewhat wimpy desktop speakers with this little power - though the sound is surprisingly good....

But I would still want the Jubs at this point ...