1000 pound hog

Jay481985

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the most disgusting thing I've ever read about! The kid apparently killed it with a pistol, too. The thing is so big it could hardly run let alone waddle. He probably just walked right up to it and put one in its brain.

• Moderators

That's the most disgusting thing I've ever read about! The kid apparently killed it with a pistol, too. The thing is so big it could hardly run let alone waddle. He probably just walked right up to it and put one in its brain.

Not quite, I raised a few hogs, you would be surprised what that thing could do ! You would not want it chasing you, they are VERY strong. That hog could probably flip a car over if it wanted to, I have seen a couple in the #300 range uproot a nice oak tree.

Wuzzer, you would be very surprised to see how fast a huge (Wild) pig can sprint. You would not stand a chance to out run any wild pig that I've ever seen or killed, the largest of which was in the 350 lb class, field dressed.

My brother-in-law and I use to chase them with his helicopter and hurd them into the fishing tanks (large stock ponds). Then he'd drop me off to catch a small male that I would wrestle to the bank where he would land, and then we'd neuter or casturate them. Neutured male pigs grow fast and big, and they don't stink as bad as a big old bores. They can run a long long ways before tiring, and then when they do, they'll stand their ground fiercly.

The picture that Jay posted is the largest pig I've ever seen, though I have hurd lots of "storys" from different ranchers along or near the RioGrande, back home. But make not mistake, wild pigs can run damn fast.

An 11 year old hunting with a 50 caliber revolver, now that is something truly frightening. Since when did anyone hunt anything - let alone with a 1,000 # hog with a revolver?

This story has bullshit (or, at least, stupidity) written all over it.

James

Hogzilla was exaggerated. This one is documented. The kid chased the hog for three hours after the first five shots did not drop it.

These huge hogs eat a heck of alot of crops and acorns. The head is being mounted at a taxidermy shop and the rest will be sausage. Sausage yield is estimated at 500 to 700 lbs. Now that is ALOT of sausage.

Hogzilla was exaggerated. This one is documented. The kid chased the hog for three hours after the first five shots did not drop it.

These huge hogs eat a heck of alot of crops and acorns. The head is being mounted at a taxidermy shop and the rest will be sausage. Sausage yield is estimated at 500 to 700 lbs. Now that is ALOT of sausage.

Dee, I know Hogzilla was BS. I posted the link because it referred to this kid at the end of the article. Some accounts (like FOX) refer to this animal as 9" 4" others like monsterpig.com state 10' 7". 
Documented? Hmmmm.... I wasn't there when the kid shot it or when it was measured. But I do agree these mutha's get huge and eat like, well... pigs, and they are seriously dangerous.
Wish I could have seen it though.
 - Jim

An 11 year old hunting with a 50 caliber revolver, now that is something truly frightening.  Since when did anyone hunt anything - let alone with a 1,000 # hog with a revolver?

This story has bullshit written all over it.

James

Actually James, people do hunt large and even big game with revolvers. Deer, bear, and even moose. But hunting moose with a handgun has to be a death wish if you ask me.
- Jim

Looks like one of my old girl friends

You dated Rosie O'Donnell?

I doubt the hog was as nasty....

But anyways flannj you said bigger game??? I don't quite think deer weigh 1000 pounds? or even  bear?, moose maybe 

Jay - I wrote "large" and "big game",  they are generalized catagories in hunting. 
- Jim