Dutch Boy Gets Preamp - Says Texas Women Are Uitstekend!

My, my, my.......I'm away from the forum for a week and look what I miss[:D]

Glad to hear you got your MX-110 across the pond, and glad to hear you enjoyed your trip. That's a very good sonic "fit" with the MC30's. I find my MX-110/MC30 combo to be a wonderful system "core" - one that I never tire of. It's like what Burgess said about the rock band Phish: "Ice cream for the ears."

Wish I could have met up with you folks and joined in on the fun, but there was too much on my plate over the last six weeks to make it work. Sounds like you had a great time in Austin.......I can attest this is very easy to do. Keep Austin Weird, indeed[:D]

Hi Dave! Thanks to you and others I got my mc30's. I have to thank Travis for his hospitality and patience to get me the MX110. Now I have copied the core of your set, not because I wanted to from the beginning, I have listened to so many pre amps, before deciding on the MX110 without even listening [:^)]. The MX110 was right on my path. I know now for sure I made the right choice. It was written somewhere I guess. We'll meet next time. This short holiday reminded me of how much I love your country. I need to get back over there soon. Take care, Tim.

On paper, there are an almost infinite number of preamps that would be considered better than the MX-110. We could pick that thing apart all day: Pentode 6U8 in the linestage, bass/treble controls, loudness, all kinds of "unused" toys on that thing not considered "necessary", and I'm sure not the most impressive list of specs one could find, either.....but I don't listen to specs.

Synergy and specific use can be a wonderful thing, and for an MC30 owner, the MX-110 is an excellent choice. It has a very alluring midrange quality, and regardless of the "technical merits" of a vintage pre sounds VERY musical. The ONLY other preamp I would consider putting into my Belle Klipsch/MC30 based system besides the MX-110 would be a C22. Since they are quite pricey, I have opted to keep the MX-110 for the duration.....unless by chance I did luck into a C22 at a below market price.

My only regret regarding my MX-110 is that I'm wasting the phono stage since I don't yet have a table. I hope to have that resolved in due course. But given that you are big into vinyl, I suspect you are getting even more benefit from your MX-110 than I get from mine.

Well said! And... the MX-110 introduces a tuner into my set. My TT has two arms now. One with Jan Allaerts LOMC into the ear 834 P going in the MX-110 aux, the other arm with Ortofon's SPU into the MX-110 phono. Cd in tape and it's fully loaded!!! [Y]

Thanks Daddy Dee! Sweet indeed [^]

Hi Travis, thanks for putting up the pics. We had a great time indeed... and Texas women are uitstekend, thanks for the translation Don, in this sentence however 'fine' is not good enough, make it 'outstanding'. ...

I'm sure I wasn't, maybe just a little bit tired. It must have been around this time one of my friends said this: "Ik heb een ambulance nodig, er zijn overal spinnen en ik ben heel erg bang." , because I can't remember that either.

LOL! Travis, how on earth did you get this right? It says: "I need an ambulance, there are spiders everywhere and I am very afraid."

Timmikid,

I am glad you had a great time here in Texas and I totally agree with you about Texas Women--I married one. [H] I also appreciate the comment about our spiders. We don't kill the ones that make it into our house and have had family members come unglued when they find out about our practice. [:|] There was only one time in my visits to Amsterdam that I was wondering if I was going to have to call an ambulance, but suffice it to say a good night's sleep was the remedy and a valuable lesson was learned. [Y] Btw, thanks for posting the pics and sharing the experience, Travis.

• Moderators

Hi Travis, thanks for putting up the pics. We had a great time indeed... and Texas women are uitstekend, thanks for the translation Don, in this sentence however 'fine' is not good enough, make it 'outstanding'. ...

I'm sure I wasn't, maybe just a little bit tired. It must have been around this time one of my friends said this: "Ik heb een ambulance nodig, er zijn overal spinnen en ik ben heel erg bang." , because I can't remember that either.

LOL! Travis, how on earth did you get this right? It says: "I need an ambulance, there are spiders everywhere and I am very afraid."

Timmikid,

I am glad you had a great time here in Texas and I totally agree with you about Texas Women--I married one. [H] I also appreciate the comment about our spiders. We don't kill the ones that make it into our house and have had family members come unglued when they find out about our practice. [:|] There was only one time in my visits to Amsterdam that I was wondering if I was going to have to call an ambulance, but suffice it to say a good night's sleep was the remedy and a valuable lesson was learned. [Y] Btw, thanks for posting the pics and sharing the experience, Travis.

I bet ya there is one Texas spider that you kill if you find inside the house, or at least carefully find the front door as fast as possible.

I think the reference to spiders is about a hallucination brought on by no sleep, jet lag, alcohol/mescal.

Travis

• 15 years later...