3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Fireplace, kegerator, music......[^o)] We are going to need a virtual tour when the rooms completed. Sounds like you are pretty handy around the house.

Speaking of handy....Winchester is very good at taxidermy. He stuffed a pigeon once and now passes him off as a canvasback[;)] I'll have to go see for myself one day.

Thunder storms and heavy rain here and expected for the weekend. May have to listen to some tunes.

Sipping on my 2nd VT- Finlandia and lime with just a splash of tonic

TH- pretty funny- Truth is I have a nice canvasback on the wall- Hirelooms in my kitchen- and the squirrels are scared to death to come into my yard

But..... you are drinking Belvedere.. I am drinking Finlandia.. so we will call it even

2" of rain ruined my smallmouth trip this weekend and I am pissed.

Really digging this new Cambridge CD player- listening to Jonny Lang- Lie to me.These are going to sell out fast. stole it at 349.00.

I am buying Finlandias if anybody is slumming it.

nice man cave!!!!!

Joining you boys from Padre Island. Just got all the Belles and electronics stored away in a local climate controlled facility. Wife's Mac is up and she's chatting, kids got registered for school and are on the xbox and Wii. I am slipping out the back door to the beach for a smoke and slightly strong Markers Mark. Cheers.

JB....how much did you take the guys for?

I lost $40.00. It was a Texas Hold-em for $20.00 a game, no rebuys. My final hand in the first game (after 2 hours of getting poop) was a pair of tens in 2nd best position, there was just tentive calls to the blinds before the flop, the flop was 7, 3, 9 rainbow. I bet the heck out of it, 4 callers. 7 (again no flush possibility), checked to me, bet it hard, 2 callers. Then a 9, (Oh! no) Still no flush possibility. A check to me, well WTF, I go all in as I only had about $3.50 left the last guy calls, the comes around to the first checker, he folds. I know I am screwed GD it!. I get beat by a guy dealt 9-4, who landed a fullhouse. Such is life. 5th street is a real PITA

Pass me a beer quick!

Hi Mike- Hope all is well down in TX- Just got off the phone with CB.. He is looking to build some Jubs- Bear got in his fish pond and trashed his filter. LMAO. He was throwing s--t and shooting at him. What a visual. Give him a call if you get a minute. He would love to hear form you. Take care.

Just popped my second Full Sail Amber Ale, trying to get up the gumption to crawl under the house to fix the dryer vent. Mmm...sticky adobe!

Our old washer went belly-up, so we bought a new Samsung front-loader (with a pedestal) from Lowes. Turns out the sucker is, like 4" deeper than the Frigidaire I pulled out. Problem is the laundry is inside a closet, and the location of the dryer vent prevents the washer from being pushed far enough in to clear the bifold doors. So much for a quick replacement...gotta reroute the gas line, too...

Good thing I picked up a 12-pack.

post-3580-13819498814628_thumb.jpg

Kettle One..not to shabby JB. So thats what your poker winnings bought?

Winchester I can't begin to compete with your life style but I permit myself a few indulgences now and then[:)]

Where is dg and bl? I hear Ace is on his way....that guy is a dynamo.....oh to be young again.

If you guys want to see Amy as a teenager...go to the slide show she did on her family....its on the thread about her dad....very well done.

Welcome fini and Mike glad you guys stopped in. Cheers gentlemen

Too bad JB...you'll get em next time.

Thanks, Tarheel!

Hey, just for fun, here's a cool photo from 1942 of the construction of Shasta Dam. Click on the picture for the full-sized image and look at the detail! See how many workers you can find.

My brother and I have a house about 60 miles North of this dam.

Don't worry: the picture opens in a new window, so you won't lose your place at the bar!

Whew! What a day. To quote Lloyd Bridges from that classic comedy Airplane..."I picked a bad day to quit drinking."

Someone have a cold one for me, then someone else do the same. Maybe crank up some old Queen "March of the Black Queen" or "Keep Yourself Alive" until you're feeling adequately buzzed, then turn the lights down and play Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

Thanks for the assist Gentlemen.

-Steve-

Just got home from my fave after work joint. Had a few Belgium beers. A Piraat, Gulden Draak, and Tripel Karmeliet. They have 25 Belgians on tap, and not just Stella and Hooegarden. Been a long week. Doing research for our fantasy football draft tomorrow. Oh yeah I'm drinking a Dogfish 90 Minute.

Tom

Time to open the bar...got back from the local Sweet Corn & Blues Festival...had a few beers with the family and some friends...going back again tomorrow. My son was the subject of a nice newspaper photo shoot trying to chew on an ear of corn...hope to wake up tomorrow to a pic of him on the cover. Beers on me, getting ready for another Bears preseason game.