3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Cheers to you both Chuck and Ace. I'm still around. Wathing the Cowboys and Eagles game tonight with our oldest daughter. 38 degrees sounds pretty good right now. Was about 15 earlier when we were out and may go below 0 tonight.

Hope everyone is doing well. Enjoy your music Chuck.

I woke up to -9 this morning with a wind chill of -25...central illinois is a bear this time of year...if it is not ice storms, it is massive winds blowing across empty cornfields in the plains causing horrible temps. Thanks for the kind thoughs TH...I hope so too...going out on a limb for this one...Systems Administrator to Boiler Plant Operator is probably not what they are used to seeing...they either like me or are just showing some sort of Alumni preference at face for HR...who knows.

; Ben....you and Stew still around? Cheers gents!

first day on the forum in a while. life got too tough, so i took off last wednesday. told my boss that if i didn't leave that they'd be carrying me out in a box. stress was simply unbearable--which was frightening because stress has never been an issue for me before. went to my brother's. the past year, i've had only about 6 beers (health reasons), so i had about 6 over the course of 2 1/2 hours on wednesday night. now, i'm paying for it. just like before the pain in my stomach/side/back has returned.

i will say that, i really didn't miss drinking beer that much; so this is confirmation that my drinking days are completely over. since i got in the accident last year, i've had nearly every part of my body examined--they haven't found anything seriously wrong. not sure what is going on; but, my body just doesn't seem to like alcohol anymore.

The Almighty Winchester has been licking his wounds, presumably, from the Christmas season. LOL. The son of Winchester here...back after a long lapse myself. I promise all he is in good spirits( ya'll know the kinds I'm talking about). Well after a short football season for my Panthers( my man Farve is still kickin') and a very productive deer season all has sadly come to an end. Time for some fishin!....oh yeah I forgot it's 12 degrees! Sufferin through the already harsh winter( we"ll have had 3 days above freezing in the last 31 days come tommorow)and some how keepin' warm. If it weren't for all this snow and ice i'd swear I live in NC. But as I said keeping warm with some good brown whisky and the new Chris Knight album on the RF's and the RB's. Hope everyone had a great Xmas...and not a "winter holiday".

Old No7 and lots of ice for all!

~Hunt

Whats up- hope everybody is OK. Not much happening here. Freezing my @ss off. Getting over some king of coughing superbug mess. Looking for a set of VRDs Watching football. That about covers it Too cold to go shooting. Wearing out my favorite CDs on the horns.

Pulling for the Vikes at this point. hang in there Stewart- working on a bird hunting trip before the winter is out.

Ice cubes and #7 indeed- sounds like a plan for tonite

Th- How is your wife? major improvments I hope

Cheers all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers all. A rather balmy (compared to lately) 68 degrees here in Kokotucky at 6:30 PM. It's supposed to get up to 40 or more the next couple of days. Hopefully long enough to melt off the packed snow that's accumulated in our driveway.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Chuck - hope your wife is continuing to improve - still in my thoughts and prayers.

Probably nothing stronger than a diet Vernors ginger ale on ice for me tonight. I don't really miss drinking alcohol... I can think of much worse things that I have to avoid. lol

Just call my our designated driver. lol

Cheers!!!!

Stew...there is always still a stool here for ya at the bar...whether you are drinking or not. Nice to see you back winchester...just got the kid down for the evening and enjoying some cheap beer. Got my "you were great but hired someone else and thanks for taking 4 days out of your life" letter today from the prosepective job...not too happy. I did get my receiver back up and going, which is nice...only to find out my D/A may have gone bad...I know my cd player has been having some right channel issues...now I get a crackling out of the D/A...I don't have another digital source to test with either...anyone sees any dirt cheap cd players with a digital out, give me a hollar...seems like my gear has been dropping like flies in the past year. Have a good one all, ACE

Cheers all. A rather balmy (compared to lately) 28 degrees here in Kokotucky at 6:30 PM. It's supposed to get up to 40 or more the next couple of days. Hopefully long enough to melt off the packed snow that's accumulated in our driveway.

Oops correction. 68? In my dreams! Finishing my caffeine free Diet Coke I started at work earlier today.

Hi Gents--beautiful, and i mean beautiful day in SoCal. Ate my breakfast down at the beach--it sure doesn't feel like winter. Sadly, I heard that it will rain all next week.

just returned from physical therapy. Therapist discontinued treatment. He suspects torn rotator cuff and is sending me back to the doc for confirmation. Just sent the doc an email requesting she authorize an MRI to figure this out. On the bright side, just got an unexpected $500 check from insurance company, repaying me my co-payments to the doctor after my accident. that sure made me happy, i'm looking for some cornwalls and that will go a long way paying for them.

have a great night my friends.

Steve

Hey Stew....you sound better[:)] Hope the stress has decreased but man you have had a rough 2 years! Hang in there bud.

Ace....glad you are up and running with your music. Sorry about the job interview....their loss.

Good to see Idratherhunt and winchester back at the bar. Missed you guys! Will have to drive to Charlotte when winchester finds his amps.

Ben....those soft drinks are not good for you[;)]

Thanks for the inquires about my wife....Julia. She continues to improve.

Cheers gentlemen!

Looks like I may have found my VRDs. Another forum member is talking to Craig about a custom pair and I may be able to buy his within my 2 k budget. Keeping my fingers crossed. I am also looking at another set of cornwalls if I can find a home for mine- helping out a friend. Unexpected visit from id rather hunt today. His buddy bought an Infidel .45 dan wesson- came to Charlotte to pick it up- 7 in existance- OMG what a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!. I dont get jealous over many guns- been there done that- but this one was sickening. I am having to restrain myself to keep from buying the last one available. 2500.00

Ace- congrats again on the CWs- beautiful. Hope your job search locates a winner.

TH -Hope the wife continues to improve- Planning a road trip to Wilmington sometime soon with ID ratherhunt. maybe stop in for a listen and some whiskey.

drinking a black jack nite cap. Cheers and best wishes to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all goes well with your VRDs winchester...I know those will be a welcome edition to your system...I did not join the bar last night...first time in awhile...I was so hopped up on caffeine from the Cornwall Saga I was not feeling very well last night...I think I knocked back an entire pot of coffee, about 5 mountain dews and 3 bloody mary's on almost no sleep...pretty speakers, but the stress might have taken a year off my life haha.

Some decaf sweetened tea here winding down for the day.

Paid a visit to Colterphoto1 today and assisted (99.9% of the time watched and talked) while he brought some beat up Yamaha pro speakers back to life.

I brought along my heavy Cisco pressing of Steely Dan's Aja which we played a couple of tracks of on his Jubiees before I had to meet my wife and daughters.

The right channel was a bit loud and didn't sound quite right.... he hasn't yet go the eq active in the right channel but is in the left - very smooth and sweet sound with eq. Have to listen to the complete Aja once he's got the eq on both.

Darn Ace. I was afraid the cornwall vault might have met it's fate. I think the last caretaker couldn't store it any longer and couldn't find it a new home.

Chuck - I passed a couple of the duplicate CDs you sent me on to Colterphto1. I already gave 2 or 3 to the mother out law already and will take her most of the Streisand the next time we visit.