3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

The cold front arrived!!! About 58 degrees

Hang in there GL51...it will be over soon. You and BigStew do have it rough.

What is gluhwein?

Mulled wine I think its called there

This is the mix I use

Ingredient:
- ½ orange
- ½ lemon
-1 bottle red wine
- 2.5 dl water
- 4 cloves
- piece of cinnamon
- 100 g sugar
Preparation:
Slice the orange and the lemon into discs and eliminate the seeds. Pour wine in a pan and add water, orange, lemon discs, spices and the sugar and wait until the wine is almost boiling. Let the glühwein soak on a low flame for another fifteen minutes. In the end, pour the glühwein through a filter into the bowls.

Very tasty

Slice the orange and the lemon into discs and eliminate the seeds. Pour wine in a pan and add water, orange, lemon discs, spices and the sugar and wait until the wine is almost boiling. Let the glühwein soak on a low flame for another fifteen minutes. In the end, pour the glühwein

Thanks....sounds tasty!

of course i'm not talking from experience

Of course not Stew[;)]

Having a glass of Merlot.

One more work day and then four days off. Will be here with the wife Christmas day with the traditional holiday meal. Dinner with friends Cristmas eve after an afternoon at bluesboy's place watching a new DVD.

Life in the slow lane.....but a good time.

Cheers gents!

Some diet Vernors ginger ale with dinner.

Some Southern Comfort egg nog (the brand from the store, non-alcoholic). Of course my wife was happily stirring something in hers.

I used to make pretty good egg nog. Had it for breakfast many mornings in my last year or two of high school. 2 to 3 eggs, some milk, probably way too much sugar in the blender topped off with some nutmeg. When a little older add in some cream and rum for Holiday egg nog. Always thought it had a lot "cleaner" (for lack of a better term) than the store bought stuff. Of course that was a long time ago before "they" convinced us raw eggs are dangerous. I still don't think I've ever made "cooked" egg nog.

And in case I don't get back here for a few days...

May everyone have a Blessed and Very Merry Christmas and Prosperous and Happy New Year!

p.s. Chuck. Thanks again for the CDs. I burned the most likely keepers to mp3 so probably will get to listen during our Holdiay road trips. Taking the Johny Mathis and Michael Bolton to the Mother Out Law.

My favorite wateringhole closed it's doors tonight forever...I was the last non-employee in the building. It was seriously my "Cheers"...everybody knew my name...were always glad I came. I had my son's baby shower in the banquet room, his first birthday there. When I had money and a job they were always taken care of...when I lost my job, I was never asked a penny for drinks or food. I feel like a part of me just died. Cheers to the crew at the Redfire Grill...we will be in touch and I am sure everyone at the bar here will raise a glass. ACE

Burning in my new quad of 12AX7s this morning in the HK A500 I bought from Andy up in Mass. Playing instrumental Christmas music at a rather spirited volume[:P]

Will raise a glass to the Redfire Grill tonight and to my forum buds here at our own little virtual bar.

Merry Christmas!

Tarheel

Here's to the redfire. No smoking here in any resturants or bars after jan 2. No longer can the bussiness owner choose. I imagine many of my favorite watering holes who are friendly to cigar smokers will close the doors. The majority of the resturants and many bars are non smoking anyway. You can not form a private club-bar here for smokers unless it is non profit. So basically the cigar friendly bars are screwed. I will be toasting for the last time in several of my favorites here shortly as the owners think the smoking ban will shut them down. That really sucks Ace.When the Mortons at Southpark closed down it was a real bummer. I see fewer of my friends on a less ofter basis as a result. I know excactly how you feel.

I walked like 2 miles through a swamp yesterday morning. 25 degrees. Really tested the healed ankle from the 15 pin and screw fracture last march. Hurt a little but now I finally think it it is good to go. Did not see any deer but who cares. Beautiful day. Thank God to be healthy and have 2 great kids to hunt with. You cant put a price tag on that. Stewart(Idratherhunt) saw a huge buck but could not make an ethical shot so he let him go. My younger son saw a small 6 point but let him walk for something better another day. What a fantastic day. Finished it off with a few jack and cokes and a juicy steak.

Christmas day- raining cats and dogs- wind blowing like crazy. Good day for Christmas dinner inside and some nice reisling that I have been saving.

Yes the old home made Egg Nog was great. The supermarket stuff is garbage. I quit drinking it.

Merry christmas to all- Have a great safe Holiday

Yes the old home made Egg Nog was great

How about sharing your recipe big guy. I have some bourban here.

The little lady cooked a great meal...enough for an army. Bluesboy came over later with the remastered Abbey Road and we gave that a spin. Not bad.

Hope everyone had a great holiday. Cheers!