3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

my last night of employment

Sorry Ace....wish I could help. More than 1 in every 10 is out of work yet the gov't reports the recovery has started[:S]

We have had sun here all week after the dreariest Oct. on record. Other than the wife's issues and an impass with the kitchen designer things are looking a little better. Will open a bottle of Jack Black later.....can't remember the last time I had any of that.

To the regulars and any newbies at the bar......cheers and put the first round on my tab.

Ace- all the best buddy- this is a temporary setback that you will be better for in the long run.Like Stew said -you are too sharp to be down for long- believe in yourself and the rest will fall into place

I left the office today on a really bad state. .Somebody had to stay untl I finished my work so they could lock up. I have 81 days of vacation accrued which I will never take. I dont even care about the money any more. I t's all about the kill. The rush of closing the big deal. The thrill of crushing the competition who I hate and stay up nights thinking of ways to put them out of business. I should be retired but my lifestyle will not allow it. Workaholic??

I am getting wood horns and Klappenberg crossovers for my K horns from a friend - something to look foward to.

TH- countiued best wishes for your wife.

Drinking on a bottle of Beam white label. Not the best but a gift from a friend. Not bad for cheap stuff.

Free for anybody who wants it Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoping and prayhing things pick up for you soon Ace.

Hoping and praying Chuck's wife continues to improve.

Having a caffiene free diet cola with leftover cubed steak for a late lunch before I head out for some yard work with the Rolling Stones (RIP OB) queued up on the mp3 player.

I am getting wood horns and Klappenberg crossovers for my K horns from a friend - something to look foward to

You are in for a treat! Let us know what you think once you get them dialed in.

Weather remains great here.....a welcome change. The wife is improving...went out for a nice dinner last night. Thanks to you guys for your support.

Ben...put the diet soda on my tab. I need to send you another box of CDs I've culled out. PM me your address again if you would.

TH, glad to hear the good news on your end...still in our thought here.

Rough weekend on my end...had the backhoe on reserve, but last minute decision to get a bobcat turned into a nightmare...had it delivered, but an 8 AM monday rental negated their option to pick it up, so I have to deliver by 7:30 AM monday. My ranger has a 2" hitch, but on a 6000 lb towing limit...my wife's Explorer can do 8,000 and would work, but only the tiny receiver for bikes. So, I had to call in a favor and borrow a business client's Avalance, but he works at 5:00 AM, so I have to get up at 4...tough enough that I have to start watching Patrick all day (not that it won't be fun...but stressful)...guess what...the girl at daycare is sick so my friends ask me to watch their son too...my first day I get two toddlers to chase around. Have one on me...having a diet coke as well, as I will need energy and my wits about me tomorrow...probably open the bar tomorrow though haha. ACE

)...guess what...the girl at daycare is sick so my friends ask me to watch their son too...my first day I get two toddlers to chase around.

Hmmmm.......A job opportunity already "Ace's Daycare and Backhoe Service"[:)]

Ben....Got your pm....home internet is down.

Winchester....any progress on the khorns? Yeah the Panthers choked.....again. Looked better doing it though.

The k horn/mods are a couple of months off. Other things have to happen first. A buddy is going to build the crossovers from a kit-something I would never attempt.

Ace maybe you should open a day care???$$$$$$$$$$ Real money to be made. No joke. Good in Home care can net a grand a week.

Close only counts in hand grenades and horseshoes- we are pretty well screwed for the season.[:@]

Drinks all around...no, nothing good, just need some drinks haha. Filed for unemployment yesterday. Test for a job on Friday that would be good, but probably rediculous competition. Have a friend that talked highly of me to an ex-boss who has an opening...problem is I doubt they will pay me very well...probably a dead end job and I was not happy with my income before I got laid off...don't really feel comfortable calling in the "favor bank" knowing I will still be looking for more money...just one of those things that does not sit well with me and does not seem right. Daddy daycare is not so much fun...although I had a blast playing with Patrick today, I know it will wear me down really fast...I just enjoy work too much. Odd noise downstairs...I think my AVR was catching an over-volt on my lines...I have never heard a beep like that before from any other equiptment in my house. Anyone need a Dual Xeon 1.5 TB 8-bay hot-swap server or a 2000 Contour SVT? Need to dump something nice to relax my mind for the next few months haha. Take care everyone, ACE

ACE's guide to a sucessful day of unemployment:

1 - Wake up, shower, feed Patrick

2 - Drop son off at daycare, get haircut for busy day

3 - Take shower to stop itching from haircut

4 - Print out forms for Job Testing in afternoon

5 - Call to schedule job interview that will not pay enough or have benefits

6 - Determine the need to relax.

7 - Qualify relaxing as testing cables and listening to music for first time in months.

8 - Drink a beer and imagine basement being done/

9 - Decide I miss horns a lot.

10 - Get bored and post on internet.

post-36287-13819512768312_thumb.jpg

Hang in there dude!! Been there and done that!!!

1 year later I am a freelance Technician for digital printers with my own company. Just keep your eyes open and do what you can. I found that the first 3 months are the worst and then you get your head clear. A chance will come you just have to take it!!

A calvados with apple cider for you sir!! I´m buying!

Don't get discouraged Ace. When I retired from the Coast Guard, I took a few months off, then took a job for a year that only paid $13/hour. I needed to be doing something and getting a little pocket money while I waited for the next career opportunity. Took a year to get a gig with the County. Stay active and even a little income is better than none at all. Good luck to you.