3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Chillin out with a Ketel and tonic. Man this crazy economy. Slow days last week - all bad- Now 180 degree turn. Companies spending money like drunk sailors. 40 k profit day easily. shame -I only get 17% of that. But I anit got a clue what tomorrow brings. I couid not answer my call or functoin normally- no lunch- freaking total insanity- everybody had to get their stuff now-the ones making my car payments got the call backs-the rest can wait- I keep waiting for the bottom to fall out but has not happened. Go figure

Monday nite football- chicken and vodka- does it get any better???? I will keep the bar open for the rest.Have a Ketle one on me

Cheers dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much better now- sipping on a Jack and Coke- listening to Mudcrutch(tom Petty) on the k horns. Just got my Jolida tube CD back from service. Sounds wonderful.

bar is a ghost town this week- had topless dancing girls last nite but you guys missed it- snooze and you lose.

Pour yourself a big double Jack Daniels on me--- Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ace sorry to hear any bad news from your corner. Pulling for you big time. Hope it works out.

Hot as blazes here and raining-WT%?????????30 degrees earlier in the week.

Watching football and drinking bud lite- pouring them down like crazy- must be 80 degrees in my man cave- hate to turn the ac back on.

Ace- have a doudle Jack D on me

Hey TH .. Are you in hiding with the other HEELS????????? Wow what a choke job last Thursday!!!!! Did not see that one coming

Cheers gents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Not hiding.....just weary. Been in Durham at Duke Regional Medical Center with the wife. Medical problems relating to her kidney transplant. Not much sleep. Will not hear the results of her biopsy till monday or tuesday. Hoping for the best.

Wishing you well Ace......hang in there.

Time for a Makers Mark and an early night.

Still hanging in the Winchester, thanks for the drink...have a plan which is good.

Tarheel...was unaware of your issues at home...best of luck...take care and know you are in our hopes and prayers at the bar here...even with all the crap I am going through, I know you have to keep things in perspective...family is the most important thing in the world, and I wish the best to you and yours...nothing else really matters and best wishes and we are thinking of you here in Illinois...take care, Ace & Karen & Patrick (we are all at the bar tonight...well, Patrick is in bed, but here in spririt.) ACE

TH- Sorry for the sports jokes- Had no idea. Thoughts and prayers for you and your wife. My dad is on year 11 with a kidney trans[lant so I know what you are going through.Hope the results are good.Hang in there.

Ace- sometimes changes such as yours are the best thing that ever happened in the long term.Was for me.

Would love to have a tequila sunrise but too much to do today.Maybe a beer with the ball game later.

No problema buddy. Most of the time I am more private than this but last night I needed to talk a little to my buds here. Just been talking to doctors lately. Julia is on year thirteen with her kidney. Her sister in Charlotte was the donor. Years later she recieved a pancreas that lasted 9 months and rejected. Her second pancreas is on year 7 I think. Julia was a juvenile diabetic (type 1) since age three...and depended on insulin twice a day. With the pancreas (that makes insulin) she was no longer diabetic. Set backs have been occasional with years of normalcy in between which neither of us take for granted. A routine visit at Duke revealed a problem with the kidney that caused her blood pressure to rise to a dangerous level. Our hope at this time is that the infection is acute and not chronic since the acute is treatable and medication may save her kidney.

Thanks for the comforting words guys......it means a lot.

You are doing the correct thing going to Duke. Charlotte has a good transplant program but the aftercare here sucks. Without going into details 2 different doctors have intitiated incorrect actions that nearly killed him. Different doctors with completely different treatments corrected the issues after we questioned the mediations.He has developed diabetes as a side effect of the transplant.But all things considered- he is luckly to be alive at 77 years. OT-I had a 9.9 on a scale of 10 ankle fracture- hours of surgery- 15 titanium plates- screws - pins. I can function normally(inculding shifting a 6 speed) now and do just about anything that I want within reason. Still have some pain issues. Now some jerk doctor who looks like Osama bin laden wants to REMOVE the hardware. WT%???? . My "good doctor " put a stop to that plan. My point is QUESTION anything that seems wrong or unusual. Second opinions are good things if something does not seem right. I am sure that she is in the best of hands at Duke. Once again thoughts and prayers.

TH- you have been in my thoughts since I read your thread- hope the news is good today or tomorrow. Best of wshes from all at the bar.

Drinking a double jack and coke. Crazy day- Got a lot done. Its all good here- I count my blessings- could change at the drop of a hat.

My bottle is your bottle- drink up-cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Arky.....good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well. Not much to talk about sports wise here. My Heels and Panthers are in the same boat. Now JB looks to have two winners in his camp. Drop in at the bar more frequently....usually someone keeping it open.

Thanks for the thoughts Winchester. No news as we waited for a call from her doctor at Duke last night. Hopefully good news today. I really hate that there is a problem that I can't fix. The kind words from you, Ace, Stew, Arky, and Ben mean a lot. As has been said many times...this is a great community.

We had started a complete kitchen makeover prior to getting the news of Julia's issue and then our gas pac went out. There are workers everywhere and living is primative without a kitchen but we are hanging in there. Soon the worm will turn....I have no doubt.

Cheers guys!

Beg to differ- as much as I like to harass the Heels fans when they lose-They are way better than the panthers. At least they have a chance to turn things around and have a decent enjoyable season. They face some teams that they should stomp so you should have some games worth watching.

The panthers on the other hand are totally horrible. They suck big time. The really bad part is the talent level- except for Delhomey- is such that they can win. They had over 400 yds of yardage anainst Buffalo and STILL MANAGED TO LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fire jake- Fire Fox- start looking for a new kicker and some recievers cause Steve Smith is not going to hang aroung much longer with this mess.

Thanks JB. The doctor called with good news right before lunch. There is minimal rejection and the kidney appears treatable. Pack up tonight and head back to Duke in the morning. They will pump her up good with steroids over the next few days and hopefully she will be okay. A lot of folks have been wishing her well and I know that has made a differance. I will let you know more when I get back to the Port City.

Thanks to all my bar buddies.