3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Unbreakable outlet covers are hard to break...they are also hard to trim, which is why I am typing this with one hand while the other one is trying to control the bleeding. It is beer-thirty.

Dude!

The thumb has survived thankfully. Been a rough week...drove 20 miles away for a CL deal on a PS3 only to have the guy text me about 2 blocks from his house that his "friend" offered him more. Father-in-law in the hospital, was told he would not make it through the night, but my wife is there and with her family, so I am happy for that. Trying to hold down the fort with my son here, who is not happy that Mom is gone and can't understand why. I am attempting to cover work and travel scenarios for the inevitable in the coming days. Also trying to find someone to cover hosting my Superbowl party for 20 people...the pulled pork will take 12 hours in the smoker and don't trash my house or cornwalls, or find somewhere else to go on 48 hours notice.

On a positive note, I found out today I will be a grandfather (actually step-grandfather, but all the same to me), having a well deserved beefeater and tonic and listening to the Definitive Collection of ELO.

Cheers bar-mates, ACE

For something "completely different" this evening I iced and salted a twelver of Heineken. Some may think that they're best at 54 degrees (or is that 45 degrees?) but for me they're best when slushy ice forms in the neck as soon as I pop the top. I'm guessing somewhere closer to 30 degrees or so.

I started kinda early today and so far I'm just past half way through them. I'm certain that I'll regret this decision tomorrow. It's not even 10:00 yet but I'm going horizontal VERY soon.

I'm not sure what to do with myself tomorrow. This will be the first year in more than I can remember that I didn't host a SB party. Normally the Saturday before the SB is VERY busy with cooking and making preparations.

OK... I've reached the "rambling" point. Time for bed. Night all... Hey... What a great name for a sleep drug... Oh... Wait a minute... I think it's been done already.

Oh… By the way... If you've been drinking Microsoft Word's spell checker is a godsend.

For something "completely different" this evening I iced and salted a twelver of Heineken. Some may think that they're best at 54 degrees (or is that 45 degrees?) but for me they're best when slushy ice forms in the neck as soon as I pop the top. I'm guessing somewhere closer to 30 degrees or so.

I started kinda early today and so far I'm just past half way through them. I'm certain that I'll regret this decision tomorrow. It's not even 10:00 yet but I'm going horizontal VERY soon.

I'm not sure what to do with myself tomorrow. This will be the first year in more than I can remember that I didn't host a SB party. Normally the Saturday before the SB is VERY busy with cooking and making preparations.

OK... I've reached the "rambling" point. Time for bed. Night all... Hey... What a great name for a sleep drug... Oh... Wait a minute... I think it's been done already.

Oh… By the way... If you've been drinking Microsoft Word's spell checker is a godsend.

Any prediction for the game on Sunday?

BEER TIME !!!!!

Amateur... [;)] Where the #$%^ have you been? It's almost 2:00 PM here and I'm on my 3rd one. [:D]

OK guys... Quick trivia question. Who sang "I like a good beer buzz early in the morning"?

I suspect that I'll be horizontal much earlier than usual tonight.

BEER TIME !!!!!

Amateur... Wink Where the #$%^ have you been? It's almost 2:00 PM here and I'm on my 3rd one. Big Smile

OK guys... Quick trivia question. Who sang "I like a good beer buzz early in the morning"?

I suspect that I'll be horizontal much earlier than usual tonight.

Good song. I've got it on one of my ipod play lists... Oh, and yes... Drink Hearty Men...

Another question bar flies....why does my signature have "edit tags" at the bottom? How do I get that crap off there?

I do not see "edit tags" in the posts themselves, so I think you are in the clear...not sure how to subscribe to a post...if you go to the general section of the forum, this is usally on the first page...it is I think in the top 5 of active posts, so it does not really get lost..it is almost always on the first page, and if not someone needs to give us a kick in the a$*. Where in IL are you from BTW? Cheers, ACE

At the top of the page just under the thread title there's a button that has bell in it and either says Email Subscription Enabled (with a red check in the bell) or Email Subscription Disabled (with no check). It's a toggle between one or the other.

Handy when you reply in a VERY active thread (like What's Playing) but do NOT want to receive a gazillion emails.

Of course the system needs to have a valid email address on record for you.

*** - where did all the partiers go? I have beer left over from yesterday....and it's tasting pretty *** good.Cool

Hang around awhile and I'll play some darts with you and pick up your bar tab.... This is a great place to be....