Just joined the Klipsch family!! :)

Satsu

Today is a good day. This is the first pair of speakers I have EVER purchased for a home audio setup. Up till now the only thing I've bought are sets of tiny computer speakers, and a buddy once gave me a hand me down pair of blown speakers for my living room. But after hearing a properly setup Klipsch system at another friends home, I was convinced that my junk speakers needed to go.

So.. Long story short. I pick up a pair of RF-83's in cherry and an rw-12d sub woofer today. I'm pairing them up with a Denon 3806 receiver and then taking a step back and listening for a while before I purchase anything else.

Picts to follow!! :)

Howdy!

The Klipsch sound will spoil you.

The voices are normal. Maybe. I hope. And they have their own preferences in audio. And don't listen to everything they say. You will end up with more than ever needed. You will end up being a "Collector".

Harry

It will be interesting, that's for sure. I saw the boxes arrive at the store and about fell out. These are not small speakers by any stretch of the imagination. I went home and relayed to the wife how excited I was that I would be picking them up tomorrow " I have construction people in the house atm and didn't want to bring them home untill they where done" and she says "There not some big bulky things are they!" uhhh.... no honey, they are in cherry so they will blend in beautifully with the floor... You won't even notice them...

It will be interesting, that's for sure. I saw the boxes arrive at the store and about fell out. These are not small speakers by any stretch of the imagination. I went home and relayed to the wife how excited I was that I would be picking them up tomorrow " I have construction people in the house atm and didn't want to bring them home untill they where done" and she says "There not some big bulky things are they!" uhhh.... no honey, they are in cherry so they will blend in beautifully with the floor... You won't even notice them...

LMAO!!! Good man!!

post-7461-1381933496133_thumb.gif

"There not some big bulky things are they!" uhhh.... no honey, they are in cherry so they will blend in beautifully with the floor... You won't even notice them...

I tried that one in '76 with Cornwalls. It didn't go over too well when I pulled in the driveway and she looked at the ugly monsters in the back of the truck.

Harry

I bought a pair of Belles out of the "Recycler" newspaper here in LA about 15 years ago--they were in a USC frat house for about 15 years and LOOKED it--easily the most beat up pair of Klipsch I have ever seen--peeling veneer, deep gouges, blown tweets, a torn woofer--HIDEOUS condtion. Well, I took them into the shop and reveneered them in ribbon mahogany, repaired the tweets and woofer at OC Speaker and then brought them home. At the time I thought they would replace the Cornwalls, but I didn't like them as much so I sold them.

Anyway, when I brought them home my wife took one look and said "do you think they're big enough?" and shook her head. She would never tell me "no" about anything related to audio or music, but she really hated them! Needless to say when then were hauled out a month later she was pleased.

I bought a pair of Belles out of the "Recycler" newspaper here in LA about 15 years ago--they were in a USC frat house for about 15 years and LOOKED it--easily the most beat up pair of Klipsch I have ever seen--peeling veneer, deep gouges, blown tweets, a torn woofer--HIDEOUS condtion. Well, I took them into the shop and reveneered them in ribbon mahogany, repaired the tweets and woofer at OC Speaker and then brought them home. At the time I thought they would replace the Cornwalls, but I didn't like them as much so I sold them.

Anyway, when I brought them home my wife took one look and said "do you think they're big enough?" and shook her head. She would never tell me "no" about anything related to audio or music, but she really hated them! Needless to say when then were hauled out a month later she was pleased.

That reminds me of my wifes return from here last vacation when I had moved my newly acquired second set of Lascalas into are livingroom while she was gone. Upon her return my wonderful wife was totally silent for three days on the issue.. I actually thought she had lost her marbles[;)] Then on the third day we were watching TV in the evening and she simply asked me "Did you get a good deal on those" I said " Well of course............. Not another word was spoke on the subject. I have now sold those and placed my Chorus's back in my Livingroom. Again she never said a word. I'm a lucky man.

Just a little tip folks it's much easier to get permission after the fact [;)]

Craig

"Wow! Nothing like starting at the top of the Reference line to introduce yourself to Klipsch! Enjoy them! "

Well I had heard Klipsch speakers at a friends house and was blown away. I've known him for about 15 years now and have watched him slowly buy bigger and bigger speakers repeatedly. I figured the cost he had spent to get where he is, he could have purchased the best of anything he wanted by now. With that reasoning in mind, I figured buy it once and get it right the first time.

"With that reasoning in mind, I figured buy it once and get it right the first time."

Boy, did you find the right forum! This place is good for the purist mind! Hard on the wallet mind ya, but good for the mind!

Hey, you ever heard the Heritage Line with tubes? It's gonna cost ya. LOL !

Harry

"With that reasoning in mind, I figured buy it once and get it right the first time."

Boy, did you find the right forum! This place is good for the purist mind! Hard on the wallet mind ya, but good for the mind!

Hey, you ever heard the Heritage Line with tubes? It's gonna cost ya. LOL !

Harry

And the wife will say next, "Why do you need Heritage speakers in another room........."

Congrats for stepping up to the plate with the top of the Reference line.

But, you know that you have the sickness, now - don't you??

You are charged with acquiring many more Klipsch speakers for your abode.

Its a sickness - but a good illness.

The madness never ends.

Carl.

"Just a little tip folks it's much easier to get permission after the fact Wink"

right...Its easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission.