La Scala II Serial # 1 and 2

jwc

Ive been listening to LS2s for two nights now.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

They are sitting in the same spot I had my late 88 La scalas with ALK Universal networks. Same amp and preamp..MAC stuff.

I will be honest and tell you that I bought this a little out of Heritage appreciation as they are serial number 1 and 2. Interesting enoughLa Scalas are what brought me to Klipsch as a frat member had em in the frat house and I thought they were awesome.

I hooked them up last night and spent several hours with them. I was taken back as they are much better than ones I used to have. Very clean.at high volumes too.

The big difference is the bass. I dont know whether it was the 1 bass bin wall reinforcment or the updated network. The bass is there. Very surprised. Wendy and I jammed pretty hard last night to these and she even commented on the hard hittin bass.

Now there is not much grunt as I call it. But this bass bin is much more solid in the bass department than its predecessor. Before I couldnt listen to the scala w/o a sub. Not feeling like I need one right now. Now this is no Cornwall in the bass department..but has good bass.

Kudos for making this Heritage product step up.

jc

post-16499-13819339056894_thumb.jpg

Last weekend I heard a pair of LS IIs and I agree the bass is better.

It was interesting to hear the LS IIs and compare them to my 2004 La Scalas. My LS have the AK 4(?) crossovers not sure how much they changed them for the LS IIs.

The LS II sounded very smooth but also with the usual LS detail, clairity, and can play loud! NICE VERY NICE!!!

It is hard to do a comparison since he has a tube int amp and I use a SS preamp with a tube amp.

I would like to try my speakers with his int amp and cd player just to do a real comparison of the mids and highs. I already know the bass is better on the LS IIs.

I am sure you are enjoying yours alot!

I can't believe you keep getting this stuff when you were supposed to clean things up so you could show the house. [Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y]

Bruce

Yes you are right Bruce.....a little set back with my plans hugh. Well....this was just one of those deals that doesn't come around too often.

I'll try and get a close up later to show the finish and the grill.

I'm don't know what model you would call the network. It is "inside" an enclosed top section. I could shine my flashlight in there and see it. On a circuit board and couldn't find a name or number.

jc

Isn't this about the 5th pair of BIG Heritage that have sat in that location?

Glad they went to a good home. They are beauties for sure.

How bout a close up of that beautiful cherry finish and the front grille details?

Thanks for posting the photos. My original Khorns were raw birch which I finished with Satin tung oil after a #0000 steel wool smoothing. Loved that honey color, but Cherry wood reminds me of Birch with a more orange tint. Quite pretty against the black cloth. At the pilgrimage, I sat next to the product designer who was describing to me how amazingly much better the LS II's were over the ones, that he could hardly believe it himself. I guess that motion has been officially seconded.

I noticed a big difference between the L1 and L2 but most people said it couldn't be that much better sounding. IMO the bass is more articulate which was a pleasant suprise. They are also amazing looking speakers. Klipsch really hit one out of the ballpark with the revamped Heritage line. 

Very nice looking! Is the room empty? Or like it was with the first pair?

Larry

The room setup is just like it was with the first pair. Also same position in the corners....toed in exactly like the last ones I had.

jc

• Moderators

Very nice looking speakers, everyone that heard the new Lascalas last year In Hope also thought the sounded much better.

I think they even look better with the 1" wood, people say the Belle is the best looking, for me it's the new Lascala !

Congratulations on #1 and #2 two of a kind ! [H]